• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Modders

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would it be possible for you to create a window that is practically a character sheet for others? if i can open a players paperdoll. couldn't you calculate SSI DI HCI Resists and all that and display it like my own char sheet?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theoretically... but it would be very difficult and potentially unreliable.
Thanks for the reminder about trying this sort of thing though... *adds it back on to his TODO list*

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible for you to create a window that is practically a character sheet for others? if i can open a players paperdoll. couldn't you calculate SSI DI HCI Resists and all that and display it like my own char sheet?
No it isnt possible and it shouldnt be possible. ;)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it isnt possible and it shouldnt be possible. ;)
Why shouldn't it be possible?
You can manually add up the numbers on the items they're wearing... so it's not information you can't get yourself.
Getting details about their skills, stats, active buffs, etc... that you shouldn't be able to see... but item properties information is already available to you (just in an inefficient way).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
In theory I think peoples items properties should be hidden while worn!
But sense like Gildar said they are already visible I don't see a reason why not!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In theory I think peoples items properties should be hidden while worn!
But sense like Gildar said they are already visible I don't see a reason why not!
Dont understand me wrong, but it makes a differences if you see ohh, mouse over a guy, this guy has only 15 dci for example. Or this one has only 60 cold resistance, in Trammel this might be make no difference, but in PvP this give us a too important advantage. If you have to go over each item, look calculate, it is a thing.

But iam also with you, the items of other players should be hidden like in 2d, i can mod this, but i think nobody would use my Interface ;), so it has to be done from the dev side.

B

BlackMagus

Why shouldn't it be possible?
You can manually add up the numbers on the items they're wearing... so it's not information you can't get yourself.
Getting details about their skills, stats, active buffs, etc... that you shouldn't be able to see... but item properties information is already available to you (just in an inefficient way).
How can you enumerate the items another player is wearing with Lua?