• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Mod Request - Squelch/Ignore on Context Menu

F

Fink

If we could use a player context menu to...

Squelch/Unsquelch
Ignore/Unignore

...another character, that would be great. I know two of those aren't real words, but brevity and simplicity are good on a context menu.

*edit*

..or if it were possible via macro, I would like to know how.

A

Ash

Already in SA_Default_Enhanced via script commands and thus macroable. I use mine in combination with an emote to the effect of:

*with a stern look he has silenced the crowd*

and to unsquelch

*with an approving nod the crowd begins to speak again*

The the script command to silence the overhead chat with the exception of NPC and EMs, so that one could squelch players and still see any event text.

F

Fink

Ah, can that be applied to one person?

At the moment, I really only have issue with this one guy who's spamming Chivalry.

A

Ash

my mod was taken to next level by Gildar with his 'quiet' mod that let's anyone speak but blocks anything repeated. Which is the default for the skin.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the context menu... I doubt it. I looked at adding options to the context menu for some item in KR, and it was all done in the C++ side. I think it actually gets generated server-side, based on permissions, state of the object, etc.. We can really only control context menus for non-item/character UI elements.

As for a macro to ignore/unignore your current target... that might be doable. I'll look into it whenever I get time if nobody beats me to it (which, considering my free time lately, somebody probably will beat me to it).