• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mobile version of Pet Power Calc?

Would you be interested in a mobile version of the Pet Power Calculator?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everybody -

It's summertime, and that means.... lots of time for UO! :)

Gauging interest here...

Would any of you be interested in using a mobile version of the Pet Power Calculator?

I was recently on a trip (where I had to play UO on my laptop instead of my dual-monitor desktop), and I found it very annoying to have to keep switching between the game window and the web browser window to get all of the pet stats into the calculator. (At home, I just keep my browser up on the second monitor). I was thinking it would be easier to keep the game window up and just hit the numbers into my cell phone.

If this is something you'd find useful, vote Yes! and if people are interested, I'll look into building it. (Heck, I might build it anyway, just because *I* would find it useful! :) That's how the calc got built in the first place!)

If you'd like to see any other UOCraft taming tools in a mobile version, please leave that in the comments too. Thanks!

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everybody -

It's summertime, and that means.... lots of time for UO! :)

Gauging interest here...

Would any of you be interested in using a mobile version of the Pet Power Calculator?

I was recently on a trip (where I had to play UO on my laptop instead of my dual-monitor desktop), and I found it very annoying to have to keep switching between the game window and the web browser window to get all of the pet stats into the calculator. (At home, I just keep my browser up on the second monitor). I was thinking it would be easier to keep the game window up and just hit the numbers into my cell phone.

If this is something you'd find useful, vote Yes! and if people are interested, I'll look into building it. (Heck, I might build it anyway, just because *I* would find it useful! :) That's how the calc got built in the first place!)

If you'd like to see any other UOCraft taming tools in a mobile version, please leave that in the comments too. Thanks!
I am using an HTC Desire HD as well as a samsung galaxy s2 and I generally use the mobile to use the pet calc! if you could make an ap I would use it for sure!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the very least, I do plan to make an app style version. One suggestion over in UOForums was a way to snap a picture of the lore details with the camera and process the numbers from that - which is an awesome idea, but I'm having a hard time finding mobile OCR engines that are cross-platform and don't cost $10k/year to license. If anybody knows of a mobile OCR engine that works with PhoneGap (other than ABBEY), holler! :)