MMOFPS

• Thread starter Torrent_of_Fire
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

Torrent_of_Fire

Other than PlanetSide there really haven't been any attempt at an MMOFPS. I really think a game like CounterStrike but with a persistent element... i.e. a set command structure, territory, money, etc. would be a huge success.

I mean, FPS' as a genre are many times larger than RPGs. So it seems silly that MMOs so far have all been RPG related.

C

ChewingGumWarrior

There have been a few: Planetside, Endless Ages, Paintball World, WW2 Online.

I think the next WW2 Online is going to be amazing. WW2OL had the best MMO concept of any game in my opinion but really messed up the back end implementationl.

L

Lairkingo

A good MMO can't be twitch based. The hardware [making it so there's no lag, etc.] is just impossible.