[Auction] Misspelled Mesanna Pumpkin UNIQUE Item

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
pumpkin.PNG pumpkin2.PNG

This auction is for a UNIQUE one of one Mesanna item. During the first mask dyeing event on Atlantic Mesanna was asked to dye a pumpkin for a character. Somehow during the process it went poof. Mesanna being the really cool person she is created a pumpkin out of thin air and dyed it for the character. I watched the whole thing transpire. I was in line behind this person when he asked to have his pumpkin dyed. It was later discovered that she had misspelled her own name! I purchased the item for my Mesanna collection. Later I verified that she had indeed created the pumpkin and she laughed when she realized that she had misspelled her name. There are plenty of witnesses to the whole thing.

10 minute rule applies. The pumpkin is on Atlantic and buyer is responsible for payment and pickup on Atlantic. The reserve and opening bid for this unique item is 250 mil with a buyout of 600 mil. This is your opportunity to own a truly rare Mesanna item. The Auction will run until Saturday July 6th midnight CST. Please leave bids here. Thanks!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
*BUMP* I would really like to sell this before I retire from the game. It will do no good in my bank box after I am gone....again....

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
That is true. Just wanted someone to be able to display it. This time I really may not be coming back...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Northern California
If you really want to have it displayed in the community and don't really care about the gold, I'd suggest donating it a future rares fest or a global rares event as a prize.

I know in a past post you seemed quite attached to it. Perhaps placing it in your bank would be the best thing so -if- you come back you can enjoy it. I'm not sure others here assign it the same value as you do and you may have difficulty getting the price you are seeking. I hope you do get what you are asking for it, but still think it would be nice to have it waiting for you if you come back. Either way, folks now realize that you are leaving the game and if someone feels it is important enough to keep in circulation I'm sure they will bid. Good luck!

Reactions: Flutter

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
Well, a guy from Europa offered me 500 mil for it in an earlier thread but he didn't want to bring the gold over from Europa. I would have put it into auction had he not kept leading me on saying he would pay.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic
you could always transfer it, if nothing more you would be down a token. worth the risk i would say for 500mil

Reactions: Assia Penryn

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
If you still have him as a contact and he's interested in buying it for 500m. I'll happily transfer your item from Atl to Europa with a shield token for free. *smiles*
That is awesome but it might be difficult to get the 500 mil back to Atl.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Northern California
Yeah, would save you 50m for me to get it to Europa. I'd be happy to transfer your token with the pumpkin. If you don't have the funds currently to buy one, perhaps you could negotiate for x amount of gold and a transfer token to move the gold back. Or tell them that you'll knock off 100m for them bringing the gold over to Atlantic...

... or just keep the gold on Europa. If you are planning on leaving, having that much gold on another shard might be a blessing in disguise as it would leave the banks on your home shard more empty for other items/gold you might want to save.

In the end... even if someone values it as highly as you do and bids the minimum... you would get more from dealing with the Europa buyer and eating the 50m to buy a transfer. Just be safe and use a trusted third party to make you do not get scammed. With such a strong offer on your item, I'd be cautious. My offer to transfer it stands open for the next few weeks. Please give me 48 notice to make sure I don't do a transfer that would delay yours. Good luck, Rowan.

Last edited:

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 13, 2007
Anyone can create a character and name it Meanna, what a joke...

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2004
Kafka72, Yes anyone can make a Character named Meanna, and for a while anyone could make a character named Mesanna (which is why I wouldn't buy items crafted by Mesanna)

BUT!!! Pumkins are not something you can get anymore, and even if they were... That Pumpkin has been "Dyed" and the only person that dyes pumpkins that color is "Mesanna".
Mesanna only dyes pumpkins/items with her name on them... So while anyone can make a character with that name... its still an old pumpkin that has been Dyed by Mesanna...
Making it a legit rare item.
I personally have no interest in the item, but it is a unique item... Thus "NOT" a joke, and does merit the attention.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 20, 2005
Dallas
I second what Caveat wrote. Anyone with just a cursory knowledge of the game would know you can't dye or name a pumpkin. I mean, "..what a joke" to think you could....

Reactions: Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 4, 2009
I talked with Mesanna when she came to Atlantic after our revert. She was in Moonglow showing us a 'Jolly Roger' Banner that she was going to give to everyone on Atlantic. I talked to her at this event in front of around 30 to 40 people. Anyone that attended can vouch for it. Thanks Caveat Emptor. I know you and I have had our differences in the past. Thanks for taking up for me and my item. You are a champ. And thanks LordPhantom, you are a good friend. It sucks to be called a liar and a joke especially when I am neither. :)

Reactions: Alexander of ATL.
T

Tazar

May I ask who?
Me for one. I attended the pumpkin dying event and while I certainly did not see the pumpkin *poof* in Mesanna's backpack, I did see the conversation between the two at that time so I know it did disappear and was replaced.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
I can also verify that the conversations took place. I was at the pumpkin dyeing event and can second Tazars statement, as well as the "Jolly Roger" meeting in Moonglow where Mesanna herself answered this question. Quit trolling others posts and besmirching the poster, this is a legitimate item, not created by a trick, or unscrupulous person.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
I too vouch for Rowan, I was there and saw the conversation.

:)