• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Missing blessed items

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight I had the strangest thing happen. I went through a moongate and when I arrived on the other side I was missing blessed items from my backpack. There were 7 full rune books and a set of super slayer spellbooks that were gone. All my other blessed items were there including one rune book.

I logged out and back in and even had a guild mate kill me, but no change.
I paged a gm twice and twice recieved the canned check the knowledge base - we cannot replace your items.

So I sent a bug report.

B

BartofCats

undress into a secure at home... check your physical character stone weight. it should be pretty darn close to 0 or at 0 (forgot which) when your nakie.

If not... page a GM and say "hey.. theres some invisable stuff in my pack i need help with" or my favorite.. "my char seems to be a tiny bit overweight and my ethy wants to charge me for two seats"

someone will be right with you.

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged out long enough for another char to make me some runes and when I logged back on 3 of the missing rune books were back. It's almost server down so I can't do anything more right now, but maybe at server up they'll all be back. I hope I hope

I did undress myself and weight 15 stone naked, which if I remember right is what all of my chars weigh naked.

Will update tomorrow

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rune and spell books dont weigh anything, so you cant go by weight.

hope they come back.. it sucks to lose things that is the games fault.
specially since some things are impossible to replace :(

B

BartofCats

runebooks and spellbooks do weigh one stone. the spellbooks just dont say they do. The runebooks do. Since shes missing so many runebooks there should be a 0 stone count.

C

Clarifier

Even when naked with a empty pack you still weigh 14 stones. Your main pack shows a weight of 3 so that leaves 11 for...ugh...underwear? I have been wearing them for almost 10 years so maybe thats it :)

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well when I logged in today I have 4 of the missing rune books but none of the slayer spell books are back. :cursing:

I managed to get a gm (after 50 minutes) to check my backpack and he couldn't find anything invisible in it, so I guess the rest won't turn up.

Clarifier, you mentioned one of my pet gripes! I want clean underwear!:blushing:

K

Kratos Aurion

A similar instance has happened to me in the past. It wasn't as severe as yours but this is what I did.

I unloaded my pack and held my cursor over the backpack on my paperdoll. It should say a total # of items in your pack 0/125. If it still shows that theres items in your pack then they are there. You just cant see them. If it says 0/125, then I guess you're out of luck.

To recover the items I couldn't find otherwise (including the GM I paged), I had to change clients which at the time was 3D when it existed. Its possible that you may be able to change to the KR client and recover the other few. Just moving them around in your pack should fix it.

Seinken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellbooks weigh nothing btw, not sure about runebooks but if you don't know whether or not you could trust the gm... the only other thing i can think of to pull all items out of your pack would be to try a character transfer token and select a shard... check the crate.