• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Misleading advise

• Thread starter Atlantian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Atlantian

I was given some misleading advise by a guild master that claims to "know it all". He claims to have been playing for almost 10 years but I found out he's been only playing for 6 and a half! He played the first 3 months of the beginning and then started again 6 and half years ago! He had me believing he was an old vet! I found out that he also didn't make his millions of gold that he bragged about on game. He bought the gold! I am so glad I didn't join the the guild!

S

shonsu

I was given some misleading advise by a guild master that claims to "know it all". He claims to have been playing for almost 10 years but I found out he's been only playing for 6 and a half! He played the first 3 months of the beginning and then started again 6 and half years ago! He had me believing he was an old vet! I found out that he also didn't make his millions of gold that he bragged about on game. He bought the gold! I am so glad I didn't join the the guild!
Can you share with us some of the misleading advice?

A

Atlantian

He wants all of the guild to give to the "guild fund" and keeps talking about how this is how to make more gold. But I found out that the "guild fund' is him and a select few that he talks to on team speak. Other guild members that have gathered gold and resources for the guild have have not gotten a thing out of it. Just him and his select few. My friend was a member for a while and didn't recieve anything this guild. And he mined thousands of ingots for them. But everytime it came time to pay up he "was to tired because of a long day"

A

Ashyn

He wants all of the guild to give to the "guild fund" and keeps talking about how this is how to make more gold. But I found out that the "guild fund' is him and a select few that he talks to on team speak. Other guild members that have gathered gold and resources for the guild have have not gotten a thing out of it. Just him and his select few. My friend was a member for a while and didn't recieve anything this guild. And he mined thousands of ingots for them. But everytime it came time to pay up he "was to tired because of a long day"

Ah, representation of 80% (being modest there) of the current player base. :(

Veteran players (a good 90% of them --being modest there too) won't ask for anything - they have/had just about everything in game - generally they're the first person to offer YOU something (at no charge). And I do not mean players who bought Veteran accounts. I meanthe old school veterans who've seen all things UO - It's a huge tragedy to the game that so few are left. Their loss damaged UO far more than all of the patches combined.

Of all thing UO, my biggest "memory" lies in knowing I had the opportunity to have played with some of the nicest gamers one could ever meet. It's a memory that keeps a lot of those who are left lingering around, waiting for old ghosts to return....(just my humble opinion of course).

-Ashyn

Edited for a typo.

A

Atlantian

Thank you for your response. I believe what you say is true and it is a sad day when this happens.