• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minus Mage Weapon

B

Bouche835

Can someone explain this whole minus mage weapon thing? This is what I think it is. Let say this is my template basic mage....

120 magery, eval, med, and so on. My real magery skills is 100 wearing the cryst. ring.

So lets I equipment my self with a -0 mage weapon swords (Swords of Prosperity).

1) magery will not drop leaving me at 120 skill points but because I am wearing the cryst ring. 120 - 0 + 20=120

2) Does this mean that I am 120 swords?

3) Does this also mean that I hit like a 120 swordman without doing the special because I don't have tactics?

4) If I add tactics to my template, I will be be able to do the specials?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use minus magery weaps when i'm training magery... train my char up to about 80 magery where gains slow way down, grab a minus mage weapon (preferrably -29 with spell chanelling so you don't drop it when you cast a spell) - drops my magery down to 51 and the gains start up again :)

B

Bouche835

Yes i did the same thing training my mage. But it has to have another use.

K

Kith Kanan

1) magery will not drop leaving me at 120 skill points but because I am wearing the cryst ring. 120 - 0 + 20=120

yes

2) Does this mean that I am 120 swords?

no your 120 magery :) but it semi works as 120 swords yes

3) Does this also mean that I hit like a 120 swordman without doing the special because I don't have tactics?

basicly yes and you also get the defensive bonus of being at 120 weapon skill

4) If I add tactics to my template, I will be be able to do the specials?

nope as fare as I know you need real weapon skill to do specials

B

Bouche835

Thank you'll for the response and I am reading that thread now. thanks again

B

Bouche835

Ok after read that thread. I am thinking about this template

105 Taming
105 Lore
100 Vet
120 Magery
120 Eval
90 tactics
90 swords

According to that thread. It takes the highest skills when equiped with a mage weapon. So with the template I have when lets say I have a -20 mage weapon with the crys ring giving me 120 and I have swords and tactics. So I would be both 120 mage and 120 swords and I would be able to use the specials. Correct?

D

Desolation87

Correct! But it's abit of a strange template, to be able to hit fast enough your going to need a high dex, but then to use offensive spells, your going to need a high intell. If I was you maybe drop Eval, and take up med. Then only use magery for healing pets, invising, etc. Anything that isn't offensive.

I don't think that template will be as effective as say pure archer/chiv/tamers. But you may have fun doing it. :D

B

Bouche835

I am just trying to find a fun template for champ spawn. I have a necro mage but I am looking for something else. Just a little bord with running around and wiethering everything.