• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining

Z

zarobhr

I understand the randomizing of the ore when mined but it is intended to be as follows

some examples

in one location get about half and half of iron and dull so i assume its a dull vein that time, but it still gives iron before running out.

usuing prospector tool

all one location, tool says i can mine shadow from this spot, but i get iron and dull and shadow from the same spot till it runs out
why once i use the tool do i not get only shadow till the vein runs out.

G

You need to pick or shovel once with a normal tool then use the prospector tool once on the same spot and then mine like normal. The ore at that point should be upgraded by one from it's starting point until it is mined out. If it is not working that way I'm not sure what the problem is.

L

Lilac Crypt

Exactly what Zodiac said.

All ore spots will give iron along with whatever other ore they contain.

Your example: A dull copper vein will give half iron and half dull copper. Perfectly as it should be.

Your second example: If you've used a prospector's tool on an ore spot, and it says you can mine shadow from that location, you should ONLY mine shadow and iron until that vein runs out. My guess here is that you found the location by mining up dull copper, and the initial ores in your backpack made you think you were still getting dull copper.

If this happens again, here's how you test it. Once your prospector's tool has told you that you will mine shadow from a certain spot, take any dull copper ore you have in your backpack and drop it on the ground. Resume digging and see if you get any more.

There is one other explanation, and that's that you found two ore sites very close together, and accidentally are bouncing back and forth between the two. It's happened to me more than once, which is why I'm very careful to know my mountainside before I use a gargoyle pick. There's a big ole difference between the weapon needed to take down a shadow elemental, and the one for a copper elemental.

K

Karyn XX

What they said.

I bet it is what Lilac stated in her last patagraph. Been there, done that. Just like she said, be certain you are smacking the exact spot using a garg or you might get a big surprise in the form of an ele you weren't expecting.