• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining/Smithing/Jewel Rares

Matty O No

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi,
I have recently just returned to UO and have gotten caught up with some ingame things. When I started (99/00ish) My friend said to make money in UO go mine and sell your ignots so thats what I did. I dont think I traveled outside Minoc except to mine (and of course get PK'd) for my first 6 months.
With that said, while I am still trying to come back to where I once was, I am interested in getting a little collection of items going. My loves have always been anything Mining/Smithing related and I also have a sweet spot for Statues. I have looked through the Event Items list and toured Manticore's Museums and boy am I overwhelmed.
With my limited funds (I remember when 1million GP was an ungodly amount) I am trying to buy any Mining/Smithing rares and event statues you guys have to offer. Even if something is waaaay out of my price range I would love to see what is out there and make a note for future purchases.
I am based on Pacific but would be willing to travel if needed.
Thanks,
Matilda

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not put together a small "Wish List" and I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable collectors can tell you price ranges.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some suggestions on things that would be good starter rares that are mining and smithing related.... most of these will be under the 1-2m range with a few stretching towards 10 to 15m

True Exceptional Quality or [Exceptional] - shovel, pick axe, tongs, smithing hammer, armor, shields and weapons

A piece of blackrock (Not "a small piece of blackrock which is common) and the large blackrock pieces

Invasion gems (which are different shaped from normal gems)

Valek's diamond (simply called diamond, but known to many collectors as a valek's diamond)

Sea serpent armor (prepatch)

Prepatch facing deeds for forge and anvils

Coal

Different colored ingots that are from the old days

Glass dagger

Hope that helps. Welcome to rares collecting and our community. *smiles*

If you have any questions feel free to add me to ICQ 465-972-004

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
How about that shovel with 1337 uses or something like that :)

What was it called?

Mr. Plod

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dear Retirning Player,
I am Mr. Plod on Atlantic shard, and I am willing to sell some minor rares to you at very low prices. I want to help out a returning player,an ancient at that. :)

Matty O No

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wow thank you for the replies...

Assia, Thank you for the list... I have already started on some of that stuff actually.. so far I have aquired

Valek's Diamon
What I believe is a set of invasion Gems (will have to check)

but I really will look into the others... Coal has always been an Item I have looked for and sat at the GL house a little trying to get that.

Nabin, If you think of anything else please let me know...

Mr.Plod,
I dont have much on ATL ... most of my stuff is on PAC but I would love to see what you have and try to work something out with you. My ICQ is

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can give you some items for free that can Qualify as Mining/Smithing rares. Unfortunately they are on Atlantic, but ife you don't mind that. PM me and we can arrange a meetup and I'll give the items to you. :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can give you some items for free that can Qualify as Mining/Smithing rares. Unfortunately they are on Atlantic, but ife you don't mind that. PM me and we can arrange a meetup and I'll give the items to you. :)
After I transfer to Hokuto for Rares Fest, I'm willing to use one of my Pacific shard shield tokens to transfer what you have for him free of charge.
I'd also be willing to put in anything the OP purchases on Atlantic for the ride (or any other gifts).

New blood in the community makes this dragon happy. *rumbles*

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Assia, I truly always loved UO cause of the sandbox play and the people.
No problem. Just figure out what you'd like to have shipped over and I'll drop it off for you. I should be able to hold something like 300 items if needed. Only thing I'd ask is that it happens before I come back from Rares Fest so I can make a dummy character since I only plan on doing it in one direction and don't want one of my characters stranded. :)

Matty O No

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wanted to bump this, I have acquired a bunch of things but always looking for more. Some things I am looking for, verity type gems (have diamond), invasion suits (have red), 1337 pick axe, glacial pick axe,globe of minoc, black rock statues of miners/crafters.

Please PM or post what u have, currently can pick up/pay on ATl, hokuto,GL, and PAC. I will be xfering around so HOmuto and GL are only before I leave.