• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining and treasure maps

D

Drawde2

Is the info on Stratics about how far away you can dig a chest up with mining current? Because the guide was written before AoS. And it was the only info I could find either there or in the forum here.

L

Lord Drakelord

Is the info on Stratics about how far away you can dig a chest up with mining current? Because the guide was written before AoS. And it was the only info I could find either there or in the forum here.
As far as I know the information is correct.

D

Drawde2

Thanks. Working out how much skill I can afford on my template.

C

Capt.E

Are you planning to use the excellent resource THB has put together for all levels of tmaps? If you are then there is no use for mining. If you plan to do them without using the maps on THB, I would still recommend no mining your just going to have to click more squares. The reason is that you will want the exact location later for marking runes to go back to the location.

D

Drawde2

My treasure hunter has remove traps at almost GM. I like having that skill (and detect hidden), but it eats up room. With the new vollums from the crystals, I should be able to solo some of the maps now. I was wondering if the mobs that spawn when the chest is dug up attack the digger, or the nearest person/pet?

Many of my templates aren't optimal, but I still have fun with them.

C

Capt.E

They will come after the digger first, which is why good timing on the hide or invis is crucial. If just your pets are visible they will attack them next.

D

Drawde2

Going to need to work on the template a bit then. Invis scrolls might work. Looks like I'll only have 80 magery. I know I'd have more to work with without detect hidden and disarm traps, but they're still fun.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: 95 magery if I get the right items. I forgot about the +15 to mining you can get.

J

Jermosh

What shard on you on? I like your spirit though, and yes you should be fine with 95% mage for invis. Or you can go less and use spells, you should be able to find enough of them in chests as well. I sell everything in the chest or imbue them now.

D

Drawde2

Pacific. Been a while since I've done much with my treasure hunter, since I'm not in a guild. Going to see how a vollum or two work out with him though.