• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mind blast?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought mind blast was changed to a damage spell (cold). The stratics sites say that eva int does not effect it. Also, does SDI effect it?

I

imported_GFY

Mind blast is also the only mage spell that drains stamina. It should be your main spell when fighting a dexxer.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"Mind blast is also the only mage spell that drains stamina. It should be your main spell when fighting a dexxer."

Nah, everything from a magic arrow to a flame strike hits stamina. If it didn't every mage would be getting owned by dexers.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Mind blast is also the only mage spell that drains stamina. It should be your main spell when fighting a dexxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I never knew that. I doubt it is as much stamia as pain spike - but MB is worth it?

maybe pain spike, MB MB MB spike again..

(PS, does repeated pain spike keep draining mass stamia?)

E

eolsunder1

Mind blast is a cold spell

Mind blast drains more stamina than equal level spells

many spells drain stamina (flamestrike, etc) mindblast drains a bit more than normal

It isn't affected by eval int, so many tamers who don't have eval int use it if they really need a offensive damaging spell.

J

Jaimes

The chance to resist Poison is determined by the opponent's magery skill too, right?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes.

I don't remember the formula, but it has to do with magery and circle of spell vs magic resist.

so like poison is easier to resist than poison field (unless they changed this)

I

imported_GFY

If you have a necro mage MB, pain spike combo is awsome for draining stamina. 2 combos and your dexxer opponent should be drained.

Pain spike drains stamina every time you cast it. The damage from pain spike however is temporaray. The victom will gain back hitpoints in a few seconds but not stam points.