• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] MIBs and Ancient SOS

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Couple of questions for you scurvy-ridden lot;
Does higher fishing skill increase the chance of getting a MIB?
Someone mentioned having luck when opening a MIB increases the chance of an Ancient SOS, is this true? I know luck is a wee bit fickle but figured I'd ask.
:pirate:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Skill chance only increases the chance of rare fish and which ones can be caught, it has no bearing on MIBs. Luck affects the loot in the chests fished up but I do not think it has any bearing on Ancient SOS pulled from MIBs.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
RNG sucks, sometimes I hit quite a few and other times not so many but I have fun anyways. :)

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another question for you, if I may:
UOGuide says GM Fisherman have a 25% chance to pull Scalis with a white net, do we know what the chances are without fishing? I'm wondering if it's worth it to stone fishing onto the character that will be tossing nets.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think you can pull him without GM fishing

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think you can pull him without GM fishing
To follow up on this in case other folks come along with the same question; you CAN in fact pull Scalis without fishing, I've been tossing white nets on an elf character (no JOAT) with 0 fishing and getting Scalis about a quarter-ish of the time.