• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mesanna Visits Catskills (aka the Abyssal Dread Mare thread)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Mesanna came to Catskills and showed us the dread.

She is considering (taking opinions) putting in a contest where those mares would be the prizes.
It's a "get people to fel" scheme. What we will do is sign up on our reds/blues and be partnered randomly. The reds will then "teach" or "train" the blues to fight and defend themselves and maybe show them that fel isn't as scary as they think it is and might actually be fun.
After a set amount of time there will be a pvp contest with our teams and the winners are given these really cool mounts as prizes.

I think it's mostly old school discussion phase right now (no promises just gauging interest) so don't get all worked up, but she is interested in hearing from everyone.

Here's the screenshot I got.

(pic and discussion posted with Mesanna's permission)

Link to UHall Discussion

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Mesanna Visits Catskills (aka the Abyssal Dread Mare thread

I'd have to drop out of a guild to join factions here in Catskills. :(

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For that, I'd be SO in (as a blue).

And it is a good idea for an event/contest, even without the super-duper prize.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tempting, very tempting.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be honest, with all the "cheaters" and "champ killers" in Felucca, I am turned off to the whole place... no offense to anyone that enjoys that. I just do not care for it all. I'll buy it later for 200 mil. :lol:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'll be honest, with all the "cheaters" and "champ killers" in Felucca, I am turned off to the whole place... no offense to anyone that enjoys that. I just do not care for it all. I'll buy it later for 200 mil. :lol:
I doubt you'd even be allowed to screenshot it for only 200M :spider:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What they should do is RANDOMLY pair 2 PVP'ers together with 2 RANDOM blues. Talk about your interesting scenarios.

It could be DC and Hawk helping Veese and Al Pachino

or.. Blaze and ROLFSTOMPERS paired with Tom the Great and Aedon Durreah

List your colorful combinations!

Seriously though. Want to get the community closer together? This would be great.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for killing this thread everyone. :gun:

As you were.

:scholar:

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the best 2 pvpr / 2 blue combo would be:

Kanoa and Flutter
Spert and Horace the Mage (the fishing chicken)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know he's in COD hon.
I also know the rules to this forum.

Knowing those two things I am not gonna say what I think "he is"
Ooh Ooh Ooh, can I field this one? Even I know his reputation and I've not logged on catskills for more than an average of an hour or two a week for like two-three months.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not going to go into it like i did in the First thread. I give Mesanna credit, but this is a horrible idea.

If you can pull it off Mesanna, thats great, but most fell pvp tourneys fail.

PLEASE do not give out dread mares that will be worth hundreds - a billion gold unless it is very well organized, supervised, and most importantly ENSURE NO CHEATS.

Mesanna you do alot of nice things, and add a wonderful personal presence to the game, but you have to realize that much of what you contribute basically converts into gold checks :(

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aww I wanted to be on Flutters team. Go team awesome.

M

Maximilliean

This sounds like fun, count me in as a blue that sucks at pvp.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know he's in COD hon.
I also know the rules to this forum.

Knowing those two things I am not gonna say what I think "he is"
I dunno anything about his pvp world or how you guys percieve him... all I know is that he's my friend, we sit in Vent and chat, and he's helped me so much in getting me a nice RPvP suit and teaching me how to do some of the champ spawns, some of the peerless', etc. And no one else took the time to teach me that. He was in CoD with me for 4-5 years way before any of the current PvP guilds were around, and he started PvP'ing with me in our sister guild in Xiled from Humanity (XH). He's a decorated member of the armed forces that has done so many tours, defending our country. So whatever you guys may "think" he is... I know he's not.

BUT that said, I love you too Flutter!!! :)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dunno anything about his pvp world or how you guys percieve him... all I know is that he's my friend, we sit in Vent and chat, and he's helped me so much in getting me a nice RPvP suit and teaching me how to do some of the champ spawns, some of the peerless', etc. And no one else took the time to teach me that. He was in CoD with me for 4-5 years way before any of the current PvP guilds were around, and he started PvP'ing with me in our sister guild in Xiled from Humanity (XH). He's a decorated member of the armed forces that has done so many tours, defending our country. So whatever you guys may "think" he is... I know he's not.

BUT that said, I love you too Flutter!!! :)
Do you ever read general chat? :eyes:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nope, but even if I did... it wouldn't change my opinion of him as a person outside of this game. :)
I think it would.

And NME has been around way longer than 4-5 years. Hell, I've only been GM for ~5 years, and there were 3 GMs before me.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NmE formed shortly after the HurT guild, ran by Quagmire (the pvp flavor of the month guild) broke apart. I believe it was about four years ago.

hi dude

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NmE formed shortly after the HurT guild, ran by Quagmire (the pvp flavor of the month guild) broke apart. I believe it was about four years ago.
Wait, something almost accurate?

Closer than the above at least... wow @ that.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's been longer than 4 years yes?
When I joined NME Zeddicus was the GM.
There were two GMs before him.
I have been in NME since 2008 (not GM that long sorry my bad).