• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Memorial and 9/11

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a mostly sunny Sunday, a group of many appeared. Some remained cloaked in shadows, out of respect. Before the first words could be spoken, a couple rain drops came down, as if the clouds themselves were weeping.

This day was set aside as a memory. To memorialize 9/11 and to memorialize Ozog, the goblin King. Individually everyone got up and spoke. Many tears were shed throughout the gathering. It is truly hard to put into words, the feelings that were felt and shared during this time.

At the end of the day, once everyone had a turn to say a few words, the crowd did their own goodbyes and slowly faded into the shadows. What was left is eternal. A small spot in the forest, forever in bloom. A rustic bench to sit and think, or talk. A calm that seems to come from nowhere. But for those involved, we know where the calm comes from.

Always Remember.

AARP

Continue reading...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This day was set aside as a memory. To memorialize 9/11 and to memorialize Ozog, the goblin King.
What are you talking about? You want to have a day to honor a fellow UO player that is all well and good but PLEASE do not include 9/11 into this. No one persons death compares to the lives lost that day and that day is remembered every Sept 11th NOT 9/26 especially if you lost anyone that day.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What are you talking about? You want to have a day to honor a fellow UO player that is all well and good but PLEASE do not include 9/11 into this. No one persons death compares to the lives lost that day and that day is remembered every Sept 11th NOT 9/26 especially if you lost anyone that day.
Ozog always organized the 9/11 tribute on Chesapeake. That's why they were held together. It was a Chesapeake tradition.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ozog always organized the 9/11 tribute on Chesapeake. That's why they were held together. It was a Chesapeake tradition.
Did he hold it on the 26 or on the day it happened. If it was the 26 shame 15 days late to honor all those lost, sorry 9/11 has a lot more meaning than this.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Did he hold it on the 26 or on the day it happened. If it was the 26 shame 15 days late to honor all those lost, sorry 9/11 has a lot more meaning than this.
He held it on 9/11 every year, and his memorial was held this 9/11. It's only the report that was put up on the 26th. This was not a disrespect to 9/11 victims at all--it was an acknowledgement of someone who kept the tradition of honoring them alive.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He held it on 9/11 every year, and his memorial was held this 9/11. It's only the report that was put up on the 26th. This was not a disrespect to 9/11 victims at all--it was an acknowledgement of someone who kept the tradition of honoring them alive.
They have Sept 26 set aside for this NOT Sept 11, maybe you should go check the web site before you speak again.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They have Sept 26 set aside for this NOT Sept 11, maybe you should go check the web site before you speak again.
It is a report of something that already took place. I was there.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm not sure why anyone would be upset about a player memorial that coincides with 9/11
It's not meant to take away from remembering those that died or take anything away from their families, or Americans in general

jackie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As far as Ozog and 9/11, If you don't know anything about him then please keep his name out your mouth! As he was a dear and close friend to a lot of people and he ALWAYS remembered the ones that were lost that day. So Please keep his name out your mouth.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Every year, for as long as I knew him, Ozog called to everyone on the Chesapeake shard and asked them to join together in memory of 9/11. It became a shard tradition. Because it meant so much to Ozog, all who knew and loved him agreed that his own official memorial should take place on that special date that was so important to him both in and outside of UO.

Rest in peace dear Mike, dear Ozog, aka whiterabbit. We will always love you, always miss you, and always remember you.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure what this Lord Frodo's problem is, but its upsetting. The event was held on 9/11. As others here have mentioned, Ozog made it a point to honor those lost on 9/11 in game, every 9/11. His memorial was around that time, so they put it on 9/11, since it was a day of mourning already -- AND a day of which Ozog was sure to have an INGAME memorial. To say it is a disrespect to those who perished on 9/11 to have his name mentioned with them, is within itself disrespectful. Because you clearly didn't know the man, the character, or his history. I hope Ozog's spirit comes and pisses on your damn leg tonight when you sleep.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You people are %200 clueless. Go to the link provided and look at your damn calendar and see that the 26 is highlighted and click it and this comes up as an event on that day NOT Sept 11. FIX YOUR DAMN CALENDAR or rewrite the article with Sept 11th in it.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You people are %200 clueless. Go to the link provided and look at your damn calendar and see that the 26 is highlighted and click it and this comes up as an event on that day NOT Sept 11. FIX YOUR DAMN CALENDAR or rewrite the article with Sept 11th in it.
Whoa, chill out. I don't know if you noticed but Stratics does not own that website so getting so angry here isn't really going to help anything. Maybe you should contact that site's admin?

I do see where you are coming from. It does read like there was an event on Sept 8 and Sept 26, but that calendar is simply when events were published on the blog.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As Speranza stated, the calendar highlights are for the dates of posts added by the EM. If you click on the 8th, you can see the September Calendar of Events which I copied to here that clearly shows the Memorial was on the 11th.

Also, the article you are referring to begins with "On a mostly sunny Sunday". The 26th was Monday.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The EM posted the article on the Chessy EM site on Monday, September 26th. Stratics Feed pulled the article and posted it here on Monday, September 26th. The event actually took place on Sunday, September 11th.

You can see the event posted on our calendar on week 38. Week 38 2016 | Stratics

You can see that no 9/11 event on Sept 26th is posted on our calendar on week 40. Week 40 2016 | Stratics

It must be a terrible thing to honor the death of someone on the same day that he took the time to honor year after year even though he took a lot of flack for it since some people did not want real events honored in UO. 9/11 chessy

So sorry to have offended you, but I must pre-warn you, I am sure that Ozog's memorial will continue to be held with his 9/11 memorial in the future years.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm Sorry to say I never knew Ozog, Though I'm sure I seen several of his post On stratics. Nor Have I Ever Played Chessy shard ..... But Darn Man Come on Frodo Leave People's Memorials Alone!! Even if they Did Have it on the 26th Who cares. you know some people Like to work around others Real life schedules so they can attend stuff like this. You never know. Some people just like to stir the poo pot & put Salt on wounds just to get a reaction. I for one Am Glad People Take time out to do Stuff like this and that the Devs Help with Décor and such. They know people Spend so much of their lives In Ultima Online Making friends, who then turn into Family. So please Have Some respect And Common Decency.