• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Meet and Greet with Mesanna! (Bring Your Jack-O-Lanterns!)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Associate Producer Mesanna the Dark Lady of Ultima Online will be visiting Atlantic this Tuesday October 26th @ 8:30pm EST (5:30pm PST)

We will be meeting at the EM Hall in Northern Britain (Trammel).

Bring your Mesanna Jack-O-Lanterns!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a Mesanna Jack-o-lantern bring it, if you have another, bring it just in case :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*has her two Mesanna jack-o-lanterns ready*

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far the... whatever... has managed to start 5 minutes early, with everyone who showed up later than that locked out of the building. Classy.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Mesanna for taking your own time to do this for Atlantic.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I showed up at 11:29PM according to my PC clock, which was last synchronized with Microsoft's server as of yesterday, to find half the arrivals locked out of the building and essentially a riot in progress outside.

What in the holy god damn hell made you guys think it was a good idea to do this without any notification? Maaaaybe you'll let everyone else in later, but it's not as if I'm going to sit around all day just to see.

I wish there was something in UO executed competently.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I arrived a couple minutes before 8:30PM and the doors were locked. There were dozens of people standing outside shouting. If you say an event is starting at 8:30 you shouldn't lock the doors 15 minutes beforehand. If you are going to do that then you should say so in the event announcement. This was a very disappointing event.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you say an event is starting at 8:30 you shouldn't lock the doors 15 minutes beforehand. If you are going to do that then you should say so in the event announcement. This was a very disappointing event.
1. If an event is starting at 8:30, you should show probably show up at least 10-15 earlier to be sure you're on time and don't miss anything. Also, don't exaggerate, it was 5 minutes, not 15.

2. It's not like Mesanna HAD to do this. She went out of her way to do something special for the players. She could just have easily decided to stop when the cat was let out of the bag...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The meet was well advertised from the normal method at banks. I didnt go because i knew it would be a madhouse. Really, i think there should be Less advertisement, none in game on Atlantic at least because the mobs of people make every event horrible to the point where alot of people dont even go anymore. Personally i would love to see the events Only advertised on the UOEM event page. That way EMs wouldnt have to lock any doors (which was totally necessary in this case) and would make the events more enjoyable for the people who really care about and like events, and arent just there to add to the lag hoping to get some pixels they can sell for 100 mil.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. If an event is starting at 8:30, you should show probably show up at least 10-15 earlier to be sure you're on time and don't miss anything. Also, don't exaggerate, it was 5 minutes, not 15.
If the event is stated to start at 8:30, the doors shouldn't be locked at 8:25.

2. It's not like Mesanna HAD to do this. She went out of her way to do something special for the players. She could just have easily decided to stop when the cat was let out of the bag...
As far as I'm concerned she can stay logged off rather than pull garbage like this. Maybe get after someone to go fix a bug. It just smells like some bored developer attention-whoring.

Protip: If you don't want people screaming like idiots for rares everytime someone from EA appears, quit handing the damn things out!!!