• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Medusa Victory [Pic Heavy]

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Some UWF folks decided to try Medusa. First time around, we got her to a redline, whereupon the client crashed. As you can see, I was using an ABC archer, accompanied by a group of mages.

After the crash, we all got booted. Two people left. Had to gather keys and start again. Ran out of arrows (only brought 1,500), but luckily I someone had a flute. Spent the rest of the time disco/peacing her.

Victory, at long last.

One drop.

Total loot was 9k gold, 1 ingredient (medusa's blood), and a bunch'a crap. (Yes, total - as in, including everything everyone looted).

Fun because its challenging. Not exactly rewarding, in terms of items...but more difficult than current peerless. (At least it puts up a fight).

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
No?! Why, what happens?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, how many of your were there ?

Also, did you find one type of attack work better than others (i.e. more damage) ?

All in all, how long it took you to kill Medusa ?

By the way, these new Bosses have a time out limitation like the Peerless or there is none ?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Medusa is challenging for several reasons. First, she makes evil replicas of anything that is aggressive toward her, including players, EVs, greater dragons, etc. Hence, it's not a good idea to bring tamers. Also, when she makes an evil twin of your toon, it acts like a revenant, insofar as it teleports to you no matter where you run, but you cannot dispel it and it is as difficult as you are. Second, Medusa (surprise, surprise) turns you to stone nearly every time you hit her. There is a certain kind of film you can get (somehow) that, when applied to your headpiece, gives you a certain number of protection charges against Medusa's gaze...but this runs out quite quickly. Third, Medusa uses a bow and lethal poison: basically, she turns you to stone, lethal poisons you, then mortal wounds you.

For tactics, we found it easier to keep her upstairs. A lot of the evil spawn will get stuck downstairs, where it can't harm you.

It probably took the four or five of us an hour to kill her. Of course, I wasn't doing much damage the second time around. First time, when I was an ABC archer (prior to us being booted), I was hitting for around 230. When we had to start over, I was nearly out of arrows. So basically, took me (now a disco/peacer) and three or four mages casting EVs (just to try to block her in) about an hour.

I'm not sure if she's on a timer, but it certainly took us a while to kill her. The current peerless are all pretty easy compared to her, in my opinion. But then, perhaps this is because I've had a lot of experience with all the current peerless.

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When We took our Group we all had gorgon lense in our equipment, this prevents her from turning you into stone. Without them i found her really a challenge .also If you use rising colossus They out right rock better than EV's in my opinion ;)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yes! Gorgon lense makes it so much better. Unfortunately, we used all our charges first time around, before we got booted and had to start over.

I'll try to bring more mystics next time for rising colossus. Thanks for the tip!