• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Medusa - Results

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to post my recent Medusa results to let everyone know how her drop rate has been as of late...

I have completed 66 Medusas over the past 2 weeks. During that time I have received many Bows, Dragon Tooths, and Petrified Snakes.. other than those items I have only received ONE rare item... the Medusa Floor Tile.. No Slithers, No Venom Bracelets, No Medusa Statues... nothing..

Last night I completed Medusa 8 times - I received 5 bows, 3 of the times she died she had no drops at all..

Just some FYI out there for those who are out killing her.. I will continue to keep track of my status on killing her and keep you updated.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Wow, that is pretty sad considering every time i do one of these peerless i am there with a couple friends. Apparently mobs have their drop rates scaled for people soloing them ... great for the economy of the items ... horrible for those of us who want to get the item for themselves. =P

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are at least 2 of us doing medusa and sometimes we have a 3rd in there.. We have tried to go in and break party and tried staying in party.. Either way the drop rate is about the same. Using 2 sampires and a discording mystic mage makes wuick work of medusa, average about 7 mins. the time consuming part is egg collecting. We will collect eggs for a couple hours and have also found people that will collect them for us for a small fee. That helps a lot.

Either way whether its soloing or team based, the drop rate is pretty sad..

We were doing scalis for some time period and were experincing very poor drop rates.. the last 19 scalis have yielded no drops so we decided to come back to work medusa for awhile..

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More Follow up...

Tonight there were 4 of us.. 2 sampires, a tamer, and a Myst discord mage..

We completed 9 Medusas..
Results :

3 dragon Tooth
3 Staffs
1 Bow
1 Medusa Statue

As we went in this time we dropped party. The very first one we did we got 2 drops. One of those drops was the statue. 2 out of the 9 medusas had no drop at all.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More Data...

Tonight we started off with 4 of us... grouped going in and disbanding once inside.

We did 14 runs with the four of us :

5 staffs
5 tooth
5 bow
2 statues

Some runs gave multiple drops (up to 3 on one run) and 3 of the runs gave no drops.

One person left so there were 3 of us left... we did 7 more runs :

3 staffs
2 bows

3 of these runs also gave no drops..

In total we have 96 medusa bloods over the past couple of weeks. We have gotten many of the common items with 1 Medusa floor tile and 3 Medusa Statues. Yet to get a Slither or Venom drop.. One of these days..

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest update..

4 of us, unpartied.. did medusa 8 times.

5 bows
3 tooth
2 staff

3 Had multiple drops and one had No drop.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonights data...

4 of us unpartied once inside..

Medusa was ran 13 times... results..

6 bow
5 tooth
4 staff

5 runs had multiple drops, 3 runs had no drops..

We have been able to get medusa to drop quicker as we have changed weapon types and improved our tactics against her. Tonight our quickest time was 3 mins 52 secs.

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday 5 medusa in a row. Solo sampire. One bow, 5 medusa blood. Thats all :/ Now I'm running out of pottery frags for lenses, so no more medusas for me. Will just buy that slither from a luna vendor :(

On a related note, did 2 stygian dragons, also solo. Guess what? NO drop at all, just that ugly unusable stygian dragon head. Not worth the time (around 2hrs for one, including getting the orbs) and the insurance money (between 5 and 6 deathrobes for me).

Did solo one slasher, just for bragging rights (over 3hrs, around 30 deathrobes, yeah, I'm stubborn). One berserker scythe, one dual axes, the red ones and slashers claw.

For me its back to fel champ spawns. More fun, better rewards and much less frustrating!

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have moved on to Slasher and Styg Dragon.. results still arent ver good.. hopefully I can begin gathering data on this and posting also

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, I've done Medusa once, we were in a party of 3. We disbanded half way through. We got 2 drops, both in my pack.

1 Bow and 1 Venom. Is the Venom actually worth anything?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between, Legends, Atlantic, Catskills, and great lakes I have over 500 Rikktor skulls.

Guess how many sashes I've gotten?

To summarize my answer: **** RNG and **** Rikktor.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between, Legends, Atlantic, Catskills, and great lakes I have over 500 Rikktor skulls.

Guess how many sashes I've gotten?

To summarize my answer: **** RNG and **** Rikktor.
Semidar dummy!

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, understood. Probably why its been sat on my vendor for so long.
Isn't it funny they don't really compare new artifacts to what you can craft from imbuing before they put it in as unique loot? There's that sword you get from the slasher too or the classic bone crusher! That wasn't even good when it was new lol.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... some slasher results for the night..

We (3 of us) did 9 slashers tonight. 6 had drops, 3 with no drops, and 1 had a double drop. Un-partied

we ended up with :

5 standard of chaos staffs
2 claws of berserker
and we also had a scyth drop in a pack

Did one styg dragon and had NO drop in there - that one was done solo.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completed 4 Sty Dragons last night. 3 of us un-partied.

First 3 we killed we received no drops.

The last one had a double drop.. in one pack..

Sign of Chaos (Human) and Burning Amber ring.

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 Stygians last night. Party of 2, Sampire & Mystic Bard. No drop. On the bright side, the wyvern dropped a tinkerer legs.

Did one slasher after the stygians, this one solo, got sign of chaos.

I'm beginning to believe that the "good" drops are turned off or something :)

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wanted to post my results so far:

Navery Murder Count until Tangle: 95
Medusa Murder Count until Slither: 74 (work in progress, 1 Floor Tile, 1 Statue)
Renowned Wyvren Murder Count until Tinker Legs:76

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wanted to post my results so far:

Navery Murder Count until Tangle: 95
Medusa Murder Count until Slither: 74 (work in progress, 1 Floor Tile, 1 Statue)
Renowned Wyvren Murder Count until Tinker Legs:76
You lucky *******.

T

thesplatter

i did around 60x the slime and get 2 berserkerz plate
did around 20x wyern ad got legging
did around 100 barras and never get the int boots
was running to wyern a few guild mated made slasher and get the necklace :)

sometimes im lucky
somestimes not really

L

longshanks

was chaining the crimson veins spawn for the sword of shattered hopes with no hope till my guildmate told me im better off doing the pixie for it. she did two pixies and promptly got 1.

i do have a lot of hci essence though.

we chain semidars regularly and maybe have had 1/2 dozen collar and sash drops combined.

got a 2 intel boot drop on barra which was my best.

im at upwads of 60 slashers now and have yet to see a lavalierre. 1 breastplate was the best and it was the first one on the nite the dungeon opened.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet my protector has recieved 1/3 of the total drops I've got from spawning. At the start I drop two EV's before getting a hide off and sometimes drop a few more if I need to res someone. I did find a slither in my luna vendor house that someone left on a vendor that ran out of cash, I bet that sat in the moving crate for 6 months before I noticed.

I got a pair of 4 int boots the other day on my protector at a neira and a sash last week on my main. I also recieved a statue from the rikktor spawn, a few swamp tiles and the silly sword from rikktor in the last week.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wanted to give an update on my Medusa-Results:

Finally after killing 233 Medusas I got the bloody Slither drop.....along the way I got 5 floor deeds, 3 statues, 2 venoms, 3 scrolls plus of course countless bows, teeth and snakes.

Until no. 124 i got only drops every 30th kill, then roughly after 20 at the end (around 190-233) at every 10 to 15th.

So if your after the Slither plan some extra time :)

B

Bort of Atlantic

I'm almost finished with my new sampire suit and want to give Medusa a shot (solo). How many gorgon lens should I have applied and to how many different pieces of gear should I apply them? Thanks in advance.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can apply to the following pieces:
Head
Gorget
Earrings

I would apply to all since this gives you a buffer when one piece runs out of charges. First it takes the charges from the head then the earrings then gorget. I took an additonal 2 lenses along and applied to the head whenever they run out.

BUT...you can run Medusa without any lenses when you take along a whirwind weapon and kill the twins as soon as they spawn and BEFORE they turn evil.....just make sure you are NOT standing on the balcony since the twins will fall to the first floor and once they become evil teleport next to you.....if they turn evil, they are a royal pain in the ****.

I did all my Medusas with lenses though, one thing less you have to think about and your getting plenny of scales (min 12 max 15). Take her to a quiet spot with no undead gargoyles or dragons near, kill her then the spawn.

Good hunting!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must've been real lucky then. I got a Medusa Statue on my first solo kill of her, and got a Tangle on my 4th or 5th kill of Navery.