• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maxis Lee!!! WHAT A GUY!!!

M

Mr Me

Right before that 24 Hour Outage I had 1 of 8 Trees Disappear from my Skill House. I also had a Cannon poof from the grave Yard.. Well i sent 4 emails over that period of time and got no response.. Figured all the problems they hadn't got around to all message.. Then today Maxis Lee gave me my Tree and Cannon back..All I can say is WHAT A GUY!!! These guys catch alot of He!! from us, But you know we need to Praise them too.. Lee always trys to make time to chat with you to hear your problems and I've seen alot of people in the house over 2 month say Im gonna IM them when they come on and cuss them out..Well You know no need for it..I can rest asure you EA isn't paying these guys to sit around and do nothing... Just remember, These guys do their best Day or Night to keeps us playing!

G

he's aiight... if you like ppl who are always trying to be helpful...

I mean if your into that sort of thing.

/shrugs.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

he's aiight... if you like ppl who are always trying to be helpful...

I mean if your into that sort of thing.

/shrugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you know you love it too Jackie

Woo! Go Lee!

I

imported_Danny Dots

I'm so telling him!

He deserves to know how great he is

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

Right before that 24 Hour Outage I had 1 of 8 Trees Disappear from my Skill House. I also had a Cannon poof from the grave Yard.. Well i sent 4 emails over that period of time and got no response.. Figured all the problems they hadn't got around to all message.. Then today Maxis Lee gave me my Tree and Cannon back..All I can say is WHAT A GUY!!! These guys catch alot of He!! from us, But you know we need to Praise them too.. Lee always trys to make time to chat with you to hear your problems and I've seen alot of people in the house over 2 month say Im gonna IM them when they come on and cuss them out..Well You know no need for it..I can rest asure you EA isn't paying these guys to sit around and do nothing... Just remember, These guys do their best Day or Night to keeps us playing!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the chosen few then. I lost my tree and a whole page of inventory ( it included 3 war tables and a couple rare pets) during my character merge on the train from cc to beta... i was told to wait for amnesty. You are just a chosen few, what about my stuff?

G

Did you send an e-mail to the address on my siggy? If not, you should, include your acct name (not pw), sim name, move from city, everything you lost and any error messages you received.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did you send an e-mail to the address on my siggy? If not, you should, include your acct name (not pw), sim name, move from city, everything you lost and any error messages you received.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this poster did, but I know alot of other people have and have gotten no replacement of those objects. I hope this is going to be a policy across the board, to replace objects that poof due to glitches, but if it's only going to be *here and there* replacements then Creed is right, it isn't right....so I'm gonna wait, watch and hope that maybe this is EA turning over a new leaf and that we will start seeing more reports of this. *fingers crossed* Many people have totally quit the game because of the amount of rares an thigns that they lost that they were basically told 'tough luck' on. It will be wonderful if this is a good faith gesture on the part of EA to begin following up on those reports and rectifying the losses that can be traced and documented, since we all know they have the capability to track legitimate claims from false ones.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, spoke to parizad at the townhall about it. Well actually it was more like I had asked her 3 time what i needed to do about this and finally I rephrased to something like: " I know I am S.O.L. on my other items, as for my tree, I will have to wait till amnesty to get it back?" Her answer was "yes you will have to wait till amnesty." If someone had told well tell so and so about it and you will get some of your items back, iI would have done so. I lost my whole 2nd page of inventory when I moved my sim.

S

Sunflowers

Lucky you! Lost my stuff and devs have not replied back to my msg. I'm still waiting :signs: don't know how long I have to wait. But I do hope they get back to everyone that has left an email about stuff that disappeared. I also hope Lee does not get mad now that you posted this up because I bet next Ea Town Hall your name might get mentioned, and why the rest have to wait for amenesty while you got your stuff back.

G

Guess i addressed my card issues to the wrong person,,since i STILL havent heard anything since Monday,,heyy whats Lee's home phone# ? LOL

J

jasminemoon

This is a question I've been dying to ask someone who knows:

I wasn't on when the move took place, so I lost everything. My anniversary gifts (which I understand I will get back) ya know my dog statues, all my furniture (which I'm not all that concerned about- cept I might them one day if I ever have any money to build a lot again- or I'd like to add some onto the lot I'm rooming in), etc.

I had at least 5+ war tables, and then my "holiday gifts" like campfires and fireworks, etc. I think I even received a campfire as a "bonus" item at one time.

I haven't got a straight answer about anything except the anniversary gifts being given back. Will I get my other items back? *not feeling lucky about it*...

Jasmine Moon

N

NightFlyer

I have an answer for you..

Maybe.. if you are one of the chosen few.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is a question I've been dying to ask someone who knows:

I wasn't on when the move took place, so I lost everything. My anniversary gifts (which I understand I will get back) ya know my dog statues, all my furniture (which I'm not all that concerned about- cept I might them one day if I ever have any money to build a lot again- or I'd like to add some onto the lot I'm rooming in), etc.

I had at least 5+ war tables, and then my "holiday gifts" like campfires and fireworks, etc. I think I even received a campfire as a "bonus" item at one time.

I haven't got a straight answer about anything except the anniversary gifts being given back. Will I get my other items back? *not feeling lucky about it*...

Jasmine Moon

[/ QUOTE ]

No, those items that are not anniversary items won't be given back. As we understand it, that includes gnomes and cannons as well because those were one-time 'promotional' items. Same with holiday items like the New Year's hats, BBQ pits, fireworks etc. Be sure to read the latest blog post about amnesty to learn how many avatars to be sure are created in EA Land and TC3 to get the maximum number of gifts they are gonna give out. It is *not* one per every avatar anymore. All created avatars will get locks, but only a set number in each city will get the gifts, though I'm too tired atm to quote the number in each city accurately. I've got that blog post bookmarked though so I can go ahead and give that to you to read

G

<blockquote><hr>

ooh are there like messiahs of EA Land...

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that.. but they get extra scoops of ice cream and window seats.

back ot: I do love me some Lee.... :x

G

This is sort of funny to me.
I was on a lot last night... (or early this morning depending on how you want to look at it.)
So all these players are in there and freaking out over the downtimes and whatnot and one player was even all "LOL they need techs who know what they are doing"

So anyway... out of nowhere lands Lee and it gets really silent. Which was funny.

Then a few people start asking questions and he's helping them. And the need smarter techs guy is all "can you help me" which was way hilarious b/c why would he want a stupid tech helping him. And his problem turned out to be with his sound card and had nothing to do with EA-L. Plus he didn't even know how to figure out what type of sound card he had or how to update the drivers... (which is funny since he was questioning others intellegence earlier)

Anyway the moral of the story is... I sat there and skilled and watched Lee answer questions and concerns until 4 a.m. my time (1 his I guess)

And I asked myself why would he do that... all these people were bashing him like a pinata before he got there.

I mean I have a crazy work ethic, but if one of my clients asked me for help at four in the morning... I'd probably break the RoC.

So anyway... thats my lunch time story.

To most your job is when you leave... but I've personally seen Lee and Parizad working some ridiculous and unpaid hours. (Nights and weekends)

When people want to bash the employees that help on our game, they should remember what they would do for their jobs... and how sometimes they have to do things b/c their boss tells them to and not because its really something we want to do.

anyway.. I was just killing a few minutes and taking a break from work...
*gasp*

G

Did you tell Lee what the guy had said before he got there? LMAO I am so freaking nosey.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did you tell Lee what the guy had said before he got there? LMAO I am so freaking nosey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did... not only am I nosey but... I'm a spot blower upper as well.

And I did it in house chat so the guy was all :O I like to be upfront about things not all sneaky mcsneakerson.

And....

Lee still helped him.

G

wish I could get the 10k I wasted crafting CC that disappeared from inventory...

G

<blockquote><hr>

wish I could get the 10k I wasted crafting CC that disappeared from inventory...

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo an I wish thread.

I wish that I could have a nice looooooong nap.

G

Lee's cool and all ... but he's no Randy.

Jackie, I don't even give my coworkers my cell phone number, much less make myself available after I leave the building.
Then again, I don't do what I love or love what I do, either.

I admire people who manage to organize their lives so that work and pleasure aren't antonyms.

M

Mr Me

Well, All I can say is Email them..Leave MaxisLee a Offline and when HE has time he will get back to you. It may be a week or More..BUT GIVE HIM TIME!! Dont Push him Dont Cuss him Just give him time

G

I have to say I was helped out by MaxisLee too ... when the Lava Lamp game first started, I didn't get any cards. Someone told me to go talk to him in game, and he did some hunting around and discovered that the game cards went to a sim I'd deleted a few days before I the lava lamp game was started.

He resurrected my deleted sim for me so I could play the game ... I mean seriously, very nice of him and I sooo appreciated it!

HOWEVER, I do agree that having poofed rares and objects returned to sims and how to do it is NOT common knowledge. I know someone who has lost a robo dog and a robo cat since merge ... and has not received ANY help. They just poofed, were not left out.

He's no dummy, so knows who to contact, and has. No word back.

I think there should be an across-the-board policy about this. If someone loses a rare due to game glitch, do devs help regain them or not?

It's unfair that those with "connections" or who happen to catch the right dev on the right day are the ones who get poofed rares back.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

It's unfair that those with "connections" or who happen to catch the right dev on the right day are the ones who get poofed rares back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

G

Some ppl are never happy. You got something that most players have not and you still want to complain. You are one of the chosen few, I suppose. :/

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some ppl are never happy. You got something that most players have not and you still want to complain. You are one of the chosen few, I suppose. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yes, ur right, I got something most players don't get, but should. I think there's a difference between being grateful for what has been done for me, and being aware of the fact that there is an inequality there. Just blindly accepting something without being aware of the overall picture is ... well, being ignorant and selfish.

I'm not a believer in the idea that a few should benefit while the majority is ignored. With something like that, you either do it for all, or you do for none. And if that means having him take my sim back along with her cards, I'll tell ya, I'm all for it. She's a sim I wasn't using, and frankly, there's more value to what some people have lost than a couple of lava lamp cards.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

He resurrected my deleted sim for me so I could play the game ... I mean seriously, very nice of him and I sooo appreciated it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really really wondering about this line.

when i lost all my sims with size 8 roofdesigns, houses, trees and rares on one of my accounts because the delivery for the game time code took 3 weeks after my paypal payment. i got told they CANNOT bring back deleted sims.

this makes me really thinking

G

Hmmm, dunno what to tell ya LOL, it happened. And uh, edited to add that, since I'm mentioning a dev by name, you know it can be verified, so do it if you must.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO! Reading a post should be a pre-requisite for replying to it. She's not complaining, she stated that she was grateful that she got help, but also empathizes with those who do not get help simply because they don't stalk the devs in game or *know* somebody personally, that there ought to be an across the board policy that each and every person who loses something that can be proven was there could get it back. Right now, no such policy exists, its hit and miss depending on the mood of the person you ask to help you. I think it's commendable that sshe's concerned for whether or not others get help even though he got help herself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

when i lost all my sims with size 8 roofdesigns, houses, trees and rares on one of my accounts because the delivery for the game time code took 3 weeks after my paypal payment. i got told they CANNOT bring back deleted sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

When sims get deleted because of non-payment, I think it would cause a small riot if the devs brought back those sims, because almost all players have lost at least one sim due to non-payment. The sim in question wasn't lost due to non-payment, so I guess that's why it wasn't brought back. It does however seem that the person could have just been given another set of lava cards rather than having that sim ressurected, but that was the dev's choice to do it that way, and there must have been some kind of reasoning behind it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When sims get deleted because of non-payment, I think it would cause a small riot if the devs brought back those sims, because almost all players have lost at least one sim due to non-payment. The sim in question wasn't lost due to non-payment, so I guess that's why it wasn't brought back. It does however seem that the person could have just been given another set of lava cards rather than having that sim ressurected, but that was the dev's choice to do it that way, and there must have been some kind of reasoning behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!!!

And I'm sure bringing back deleted sims isn't exactly something they want to go around doing all the time either, which is prolly why the only do it in cases like this. The sim Lee brought back was a sim I deleted myself, not one Maxis deleted for whatever reason. Also, the only reason Lee brought this sim back was for me to be able to retrieve those cards ... nothing else.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to say I was helped out by MaxisLee too ... when the Lava Lamp game first started, I didn't get any cards. Someone told me to go talk to him in game, and he did some hunting around and discovered that the game cards went to a sim I'd deleted a few days before I the lava lamp game was started.

HOWEVER, I do agree that having poofed rares and objects returned to sims and how to do it is NOT common knowledge. I know someone who has lost a robo dog and a robo cat since merge ... and has not received ANY help. They just poofed, were not left out.

I think there should be an across-the-board policy about this. If someone loses a rare due to game glitch, do devs help regain them or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has always been my understanding that the game data does not/can not distiguish between a robo dog and a beagle....so rare pets, at least, can not be verified in the game data base.

Politeness, patience and persistance is the key to sucess in most things, including, I would think, getting action on a game problem.

G

Nice thread. Lee is and always has been very helpful. Parizad has helped me out also and Greg should be thanked for his constant "bouncing" EA-Land to fix the lag for us!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It has always been my understanding that the game data does not/can not distiguish between a robo dog and a beagle....so rare pets, at least, can not be verified in the game data base.

Politeness, patience and persistance is the key to sucess in most things, including, I would think, getting action on a game problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand they can't be distinguished before being opened, because *we* don't know them apart before we open them either, but once they are opened they are labeled by the game when you click on the crate in buy mode again, so if that's the case why can't the game data differentiate? I'm not saying this statement isn't true, and I've heard that be said before but it just dawned on me that the game labels them after they are uncrated so it SEEMS like the devs would be able to tell which item had been lost from a person unless it was an unopened crate, and maybe could even buy a crate, and change the game data so that the beagle they just pulled turned into a pink poodle before their eyes. That's not to say they can do it, but they should be able to. I could, as a game master, in other games...but there might be something in the code mechanism here that prevents it, but if that's the case I bet it could be re-coded some day for it to be possible for them to do it, and sure would make the playerbase happy if rares like this could be proven that they got lost and therefore replaced.

G

It was explained to me that each pet has a unique ID number the same as sims err avatars do. That means theres billions of them in the database. Finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack a mile high. The devs have no way to make a rare pet appear they would have to open crates to find one just like we do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was explained to me that each pet has a unique ID number the same as sims err avatars do. That means theres billions of them in the database. Finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack a mile high. The devs have no way to make a rare pet appear they would have to open crates to find one just like we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

So one robo cat has a different ID than another robo cat? Interesting, I didn't realize that, I figured especialy since they're not gendered that they are carbon copies of each other other than being 'nice' or 'mean'. Learn something new every day.

J

Justina0618

Very nice thread! I totally agree!

I am sure all the devs are working hard; however, Lee has been the most visible to me. He not only works the EA property but also visits many other properties, solving issues around EALand as he goes.

No matter how people talk to him, he tries his best to help them all, when others in the same position would give a sarcastic or rude response and not help.

I admire him and hope he never gives up on us!

G

Ignore me already! I am getting sick of you. I was replying to this statement:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are so unhappy they should delete the sim and the cards. To make it fair in their eyes.

You are not an authority on everything, even though you think you are. At least I know how to read the blog. You give advice on things you know nothing about and have to throw in your feelings on everything. I am so tired of seeing you reply to me. You will be on iggy. You will be talking to yourself. If that means you win in your eyes. So be it!

G

Lee helped me with a non-tso matter...
and I dont play tso/ealand.
He is a helpful, nice person...
So I'm neither a cheerleader or a hateleader.
He is all knowing... so be careful.

All I know is that he is a smart guy... and extremely busy.

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

I am sure all the devs are working hard; however, Lee has been the most visible to me. He not only works the EA property but also visits many other properties, solving issues around EALand as he goes.

No matter how people talk to him, he tries his best to help them all, when others in the same position would give a sarcastic or rude response and not help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked him a question, politely, a long time ago and he gave me a sarcastic response so I haven't asked a developer a question since. I don't like him and I never will and I will never go back to the town hall again. I just come here to find answers to my problems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked him a question, politely, a long time ago and he gave me a sarcastic response so I haven't asked a developer a question since. I don't like him and I never will and I will never go back to the town hall again. I just come here to find answers to my problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind, everybody has bad days if they are human and breathing. We only have written words on the screen here, so sometimes answers that are perceived one way can really be intended another, particularly in game where we really do not have emoticons to help us convey meaning of things we say, other than
to mean
or
to mean
Otherwise, its text and text only, so I'd say don't dismiss the value of the Town Hall just because of one bad experience....even if you have a personality clash with Lee, Parizad is there more than Lee is in my experience so she is the one you'd be dealing with there most likely, or you could always IM her in game or MaxisLuc. I haven't found relying totally on this particular site to be the best course of action, especially since this is not an official site linked to EA-Land, so everything that is said here is hearsay unless it is linked to a post from the blog or the Wiki. It's always best to get things 'straight from the horse's mouth' as much as possible, IMO, so I say don't give up just yet, Purdy

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt talk to you and didnt ask for some advice, i play the game since beta 2002 and know all of it and know all of the developers and their great work also. all i said was i am really wondering because i got told deleted sims CANNOT brought back. this was no complain nothing, just a statement and not to you. but i already figured you respond to every post