• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maxing out gift of renewal?

5% Luck

To max out GoR(regen benifits) Do i need 120 weaving? Will my SWing skill effect the amount/duration of this spell?

I am interested in becoming a warrior tamer weaver. Droping bushido for weaving.
110 taming
110 lore
100 macing
100 tactics
100 vet
70 chiv
110 SW (???) how high do i need this for Gift of Renewal to be most effective

Im looking to solo some very nasty paragons/peerless
And what is the exact amount healed from this spell at the highest skill/circle (gem) and the varying skill/circle lvls if anyone has the info pls post it for me

I

imported_Farsight

First: My source

Gift of renewal lasts longer based on your skill in spellweaving. The difference between 100 and 120 skill is about 50 seconds (4:10 for 100 skill, 5 minutes for 120 skill, per UOGuide). You also get extra time for a higher level focus.

So the more skill, the better. I've found in practice that if you can get the high level focus, you can get away with less skill. At 90 spellweaving and a level 5 focus, my bard can run into the middle of a level 3 champion spawn and ignore everything while I spam area effect spells. My warrior, with 20 weaving from jack of all trades, can do the same in a level 2 champion spawn, but not a level 3. The time difference is quite significant as well.

5% Luck

Ok so skill is time. Not amount of points healed per round?

I

imported_Farsight

I can't give you the exact numbers on that, but higher skill does heal more points per second, which is why my JOAT warrior can only run head first into smaller spawns than my spellweaving mage.

G

the recast timer starts after it wears off?

so now matter what your spell weaving skill you have the same wait before you can pop another?

S

Skley

how to get 4mins+?? i am at 110 sw, and with no focus, last 30seconds, with
a lvl4 focus, gift of renewal only last for 70 or so seconds, no where near the 4mins mark.
Anyone knows what i am doing wrong??Is it affected by karma?
i am a red with
magery 120
eval int 120
resist 115
wrestling 120
medi 120
spellweaving 110+ soon to be 120

I

imported_Farsight

You do have a point there. I just went and did a few experiements and found out that the UOguide page on gift of renewal was completely wrong. And with that: my new data.

Spellweaving 0, focus 0, gift of renewal heals 5 HP per 2 seconds for 30 seconds.
Spellweaving 110 focus 0, gift of renewal heals 9 HP per 2 seconds for 30 seconds.
Spellweaving 0, focus 1 (nobody to help me with the experiment), heals 5 HP per 2 seconds for 40 seconds.
Spellweaving 110 focus 1 heals 9 HP per 2 seconds for 40 seconds.

And my conclusion is, base time is 30 seconds, regardless of skill. Each level of focus grants 10 seconds to the time. Your skill level changes the rate of healing by about 1/2 hit point per second per 12 points of skill, with a minimum of 2.5 hit points per second.

I could refine that into an actual formula given time and resources (or just more data), but I'm lazy, so I won't.

I apologize for giving the wrong information earlier in the thread (and in other threads for that matter). Sure teaches me to trust things I read on the internet.