• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Max spellweavers in an arcane cirfcle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrMiagi

I always thought this was 4 players max in an arcane circle, I just saw someone talk of their damage with a level 6 focus, wouldn't a level 6 focus require 6 players? Am I not understanding this correctly?

G

It is 5 players under normal circumstances, however, if you go to Prism of Light dungeon you can get 6 players in the circle for a level 6 focus.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I have a feeling this is another thread thats soon to get moved.

You + 4 other people on a regular circle can get you a level 5 focus.
You + 4 other people on the circle in the healer room in Prizm of Light can get you a level 6 focus. It bumps it one level, it costs you 10k to enter Prizm.

You don't need any extra people in Prizm it's 5 including you.

G

Yes but it doesn't matter if you have anyone at all with you in prism you still get the extra level. So if you go alone you get a 2 if you got with anyone else it becomes you + them +1.

Other than prism the max you can get is 5 and the number you get is exactly the number of players on the circle within the allowed amount of spellweaving skill.

M

MrMiagi

So with prism and 5 players how long will the focus last for? 6 or 7 hours?

Will that also mean with a level 6 focus you would get 60% or 70% spell damage increase from arcane empowerment?

G

<blockquote><hr>

You don't need any extra people in Prizm it's 5 including you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, I didn't know that.

G

36000 seconds is max, and you can have as many people ON the circle as are willing to be there, but the highest focus you will get is a 6. I have seen 8 chars on the circle at a time, all got a lv 6 focus.

M

MrMiagi

Does anyone know a good place to farm spellweave spell scrolls? I'm trying swoops, loads dead so far, no scrolls dropped atall.

G

Well, if swoops aren't working for you ... try something else?

(hint: it's not just bosses that have the scrolls)

G

RTLFC

I don't mean to start trolling, but, does anybody see the similarity between Mr. Miagi and mookin1 from a little while back? Same type of questions that could be answered themselves with a minimum of research, and posted in the wrong forum. I'm just sayin'.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

I don't mean to start trolling, but, does anybody see the similarity between Mr. Miagi and mookin1 from a little while back? Same type of questions that could be answered themselves with a minimum of research, and posted in the wrong forum. I'm just sayin'.

[/ QUOTE ]Good Call! The last time mookin1 logged in was on 2/21/08 at 6:49am. MrMiagi registered on 2/21/08 at 7:06am.

That's funny because I was thinking along the same lines.

I'm glad to see the u.Hall moderators moving MrMiagi's post to the correct forum. Thanks guys!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note:

Humans can do the Spellweaving quest, and afterward use JOAT to cast as if 20 skill. It also means that they can get 4 non-spellweavers into a circle (etc.) and get a level 5 focus (6 in prism).

With the completed quest and the proper spells in book, Humans can cast
Arcane Circle
Nature's Fury
Gift of Renewal
Immolating Weapon
Attunement
Thunderstorm

I know from personal experience in Doom, a level 4 or 5 focus produces an incredible Gift of renewal, even cast by a person using just their JOAT. This is on the order of 8-10 HP every 2 seconds, plus an unreal duration (The duration is normally 50 seconds or 1 minute, for just the 20 skill (would be 5 minutes at 120 SW), but you get +1 minute per focus level).

The hard part is getting the non-spellweavers onto a pentagram down there for the focus, but they're a heck of a lot more common than people with points in the skill (a human can use people with either 0-20 or 0-40 skill - not had a chance to test yet)

G

Due to some remarks, I am locking this thread.

Mr. Miagi, please read your PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.