• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mastery Update (TC1)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just pasting this over here since it probably got swallowed up in the dungeon and item focus in the main forums.

With the interrupt changes and spellsong buffs, hopefully you might find some new and interesting templates for your bards.

Bard Mastery Adjustments

PvM Damage is now a chance to interrupt based on damage amount
Upkeep Cost Reduced for all abilities.
Mana Cost reduced from 1 for every 2 targets to 1 for every 5 targets
Base Upkeep Cost Reduced by 1
INSPIRE 4
INVIGORATE 5
PRESERVANCE 5
RESILIENCE 4
TRIBULATION 10
DESPAIR 12
Inspire:
Bonus Damage Modifier: 1 – 15% To ALL Damage
Resilience:
Regeneration Increased from 1- 11 to 1-22
Preservance:
Damage Reduction/Defense Chance Bonus Increased from 1-22 to 1-30
Despair:
Damage Type now selectable through context menu on spellbook.
Spellbooks without the context menu can be fixed by casting the despair spell once

---------------------------------------------

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will have to look into this, previously it was so mana intensive that i couldn't find a really good solid use for anything over other skills.

Thanks (it did get swallowed up by everything else lol)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was actually testing some of it in shame last night on test.

i like the lower mana use and upkeep.

the interuption stuff seems better too.

i got drilled by one of those EVs that wild, ya know, the ones with 50,000 HP, and it didnt knock me out of my mastery on the first couple hits.

i was in the basement of shame working away and i must say, even with disco on those critters are N A S T Y!

the gazers are down right brutal!

but fun!
and challenging!

i was there on my disco tamer, but did see a provo/disco bard there plying his trade.
tryed to talk to the cat, but he was from a HK server so it was like pulling weasels teeth (and if you have never done that, trust me, its hard!)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
love the new lowered mana cost combined with some of the new mana regen items (like the mana regen 6 staff i got) it will for sure be possible to run 20 plus mana regen easy

L

Lokida

Exciting stuff! Looking forward to checking out the changes.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A great Thank you to Mr or Mrs Logrus. Your communication skills are highly appreciated (btw did you train manually or did you use scrolls of transcendence?). Mana reduction is coming along? That's good news, so I can wear more luck!

I have a few questions to anyone who is willing to and capable of answering:

Bard Mastery Adjustments

PvM Damage is now a chance to interrupt based on damage amount
Upkeep Cost Reduced for all abilities.
I am not sure how that is a change. I have often been interrupted already when hit. Considering the posts of other participants in this thread, should I read "you will be interrupted less often"?
Inspire:
Bonus Damage Modifier: 1 – 15% To ALL Damage
Ok, I heard people saying this is not a nerf, and I am not yelling and screaming yet. But how does it relate to the current status? Right now when casting "Inspire" the buff icon says +49% Damage Increase, some Hit Chance Increase and +19% Spell Damage Increase (with 120 music, discordance and provocation). I think the new rules mean something different and +15% "to all damage" is actually not the same as nerfing it back to 15% SDI and 15% DI. Could anyone elaborate here please?
Despair:
Damage Type now selectable through context menu on spellbook.
Spellbooks without the context menu can be fixed by casting the despair spell once
I don't understand that fully but I guess I will just see how it works. With "spellbook" you mean "any spellbook" I suppose.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had my communication skills soulstoned for a while.

-Yep you should get interrupted less often.

SDI and DI are effectively the same as SDI or DI on weapons. So if you add 50% DI you'd get a bonus to your base weapon damage, while a damage modifier in this case is 15% bonus to your total damage similar to the way slayers or enemy of one functions.
That is in addition to the DI/SDI already being granted.

Context menu on the bard mastery book.
If you dont get the context menu, cast despair once and then you should find the context menu enabled.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I had my communication skills soulstoned for a while.
I am not a native speaker, so if what I wrote sounded ignorant or like an attack, I am sorry, I meant the opposite, I love the fact that you talk to us and how you talk to us. I always found your postings on Stratics to be useful and full of cheerful thought. That said...
-Yep you should get interrupted less often... (and even more information)
I thank you very much, your input is highly appreciated. Again, maybe it's because I am not a native speaker that I had not grasped it fully right from the first read, thank you for clarifying.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for given thoughts on the bards. Much appreciated!! :)

Currently the spells only benefit those who are in your party. Would it be possible to benefit any guildmates near you, even not in party? (in tram) Because nowadays people MOSTLY dont party up (for looting concern) And that really reduces the opportunity to exercise these spells, regardless of major or minor benefit.

And if in Fel, would only works for party members.

Any take on this? :D

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have no fear kRUX, sometimes when I write stuff down it looks like it was translated from english to japanese, to german, to spanish, and then back to english.

Sirion: To do a guild effect, I'd basically have to pull a list of all the people in the guild, filter out who's online, then out of those check the locations and ranges. Code wise its not very difficult but that's quite a bit of extra processing load.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I see. Rather odd approach for the coding. Oh well. Thanks for explaining though!!

(thought it was just: "benefit the GREEN people nearby you! :D )

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the guild list one is just the lesser intensive option than the nearby ones.
In actuality nearby would be something like get every mobile in the range, then check if they are in the guild list. Since the abilities run on pulses, and getting everything in range would be checking every tile around that range.
That tends to be really intensive since that list of people in range has to be generated every pulse. So even if there's nobody around you, its still checking every tile to generate the list.
And all that happens before we even get to checking if they are in the guild list.

Its much easier if you already have a list to work with, (party / guild).

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So messing around some fun numbers.

My Summoned EV:
Base Damage 34-41
4x 120 Bard Inspire: 42-50 Base : Actual 48-58 (41% more damage output)

My GD
Base Damage: 135-186
Inspire: 146 - 201 Base: Actual 168:231 (So a potential of up 24% damage output increase on this one)
(He then blessed himself and started hitting for 149 - 206 Base, Then I ran invigorate on top of that and he was at 156-214 Base/ 179-246 actual.)

I'll see what other fun stuff I can scare up.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the guild list one is just the lesser intensive option than the nearby ones.
In actuality nearby would be something like get every mobile in the range, then check if they are in the guild list. Since the abilities run on pulses, and getting everything in range would be checking every tile around that range.
That tends to be really intensive since that list of people in range has to be generated every pulse. So even if there's nobody around you, its still checking every tile to generate the list.
And all that happens before we even get to checking if they are in the guild list.

Its much easier if you already have a list to work with, (party / guild).
I think it is a bit offtopic, you think it is possible for you to make EV and other red summons blue or in the color of the owner? That would be so nice for the target system.

4* bard aura is that stackable by more than one bard? Is that only for pets or also players?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same Aura isn't stackable, so you get the aura from whichever bard was in range first.

You can have multiple auras in effect at once, just not doubling up on the same aura.

B

Bort of Atlantic

Awesome, I may be able to run my half-baked-template-idea of a melee or thrower wraith running full-time discordance. Maybe run a leafblade for feint, ninjitsu for mirror images, etc. It's too bad protection doesn't stop mastery interruption, though :(

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same Aura isn't stackable, so you get the aura from whichever bard was in range first.

You can have multiple auras in effect at once, just not doubling up on the same aura.
First aura in range is a bit odd. What about the aura with the highest bonus? Would make more sense, IMHO...