• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Massive EA layoff, Mythic reduced by almost half. Effect on UO?

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So pretty much same old same old for us.

Uo has been in 'maintenance mode' for 4 years now. I can't remember the last time I saw on a UO box on a store shelf.

9th anniversary maybe?
Well, I think that depends on your definition of "Maintenance Mode". From what I've seen when other titles have gone into "MM", UO doesn't come close to that description. The lack of "New" UO boxes on the shelves, despite the arguable need for boxes on the shelf, isn't an indication of "Maintenance" status.

-GO

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't Lum, assuming the Mad, know TheGrimmOmen? What ever happened to Lum anyhows? I also think one of the gals that's there has been so since the beginning, but as a quiet type, I can't for the life of me recall a callsign/ handle (not even sure she had one).
Well, I don't recall a Lum. Might be my failing memory. And yes, there's an engineer that's been here for a very long time, "MrsTroubleMaker." She's not really on the boards much, but she's still with us, and doing fantastic work.

(and Harb, thanks for the shout-out!)

-GO

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm - It depends on your definition of maintenance.
Thats what I call a game in maintenance mode. If you are not growing - you are just trying to maintain playerbase.
I see your point of view, even if I don't necessarily share your conclusion. I think where we differ is in the fact that you're referring to "maintenance" as in the lack of growth, and I'm referring "Maintenance" as a company mandated direction for a product.

-GO

Status
Not open for further replies.