• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Manticore

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think sometimes his work for the rares community gets over looked. We really would be left in the dark if it was not for him keeping such a accurate rares list. I know without the list I would be in the dark and can only imagine how much time it must take him to keep everything up to date, so for that I want to say thank you. As well as everything else he does, price checks, help at events, ect. Also he keeps his museums open for everyone which is very cool to see much of UO history. If you agree with me please post in this thread and add stuff as well. Again thanks Mant for being such a huge benifit to the rares community.:thumbup:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think sometimes his work for the rares community gets over looked. We really would be left in the dark if it was not for him keeping such a accurate rares list. I know without the list I would be in the dark and can only imagine how much time it must take him to keep everything up to date, so for that I want to say thank you. As well as everything else he does, price checks, help at events, ect. Also he keeps his museums open for everyone which is very cool to see much of UO history. If you agree with me please post in this thread and add stuff as well. Again thanks Mant for being such a huge benifit to the rares community.:thumbup:
I could not agree more with this. Great job Lineman!

Thank you so much Manticore!!!!!

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without Manti the UO would self explode and people wouldn't know what to do!!! Thank you manticore for all your hard work, support, and beautiful rare house!

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thany you Manti for all you do, i would also be left in dark without his list. Thanks again!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I often check the rares list that Manticore puts out and he is always very accurate and quick with adding new items, not to mention very knowledgeable if you have questions. Sometimes you take for granted the time and effort it takes someone to maintain a list like this and imagine if one day he just "stopped"
For all your hard work and dedication Manticore, I would like to say thank you !!:)

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Talk about a UO Household Name! A real legend and inspiration!

Its always easy when you have a grip, to give a yell out. That was a great idea Lineman to say a good word when someone deserves it.

Thank You, Manticore

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw damn, that week or so he was away was rough. I check his list daily. And I like that he shoots me ICQ's sometimes to let me know events are starting. Thanks for all you do dude!

Rador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Signed [in Big Fat Latters] :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didn't expect to see this post but thank you all. Got on for the first time tonigt so it was a great suprise. I need you all as much as you need me so it goes both ways. If there weren't other collectors to keep me interested in this game i would have quit long ago.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
didn't expect to see this post but thank you all. Got on for the first time tonigt so it was a great suprise. I need you all as much as you need me so it goes both ways. If there weren't other collectors to keep me interested in this game i would have quit long ago.
I love you

L

lit2fly

sorry for my ignorance, where is the museum and the price list? thanks a lot

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This thread praising Manticore is well deserved! He has done and continues to do a great service for us in the rares community. He goes above and beyond to help others. The work you've done has helped make this game what is is and for that I thank you Manticore!

lit2fly - His museum is on Baja just outside the east entrance of Umbra. The list your refering is in the Archive & Reference section. It does not include prices but does list all the EM and server births and how many of each were dropped. Here is a link to the page EM Event Items - Rubbles - Server Births | Stratics Forums

ultimakong

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manti has done a lot of good deeds to the UO rares community, updating the event list is just one of the many things he had contributed to UO. He has continuously updating EM events from seasons 1 through 10 without asking for any rewards or complimentary, and yet he is constantly being challenged for the number of dropped for each event item. Kudos to you Manti and Thank you for your good work !!

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
list Updates and answer the question many of us. great work Manticore

lineman Promathia Manticore etc..
I love all the people with the public museum
Thank you

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Highly agreeable!
Manticore, you are the CORE.
Without you, everything would fall apart.
You are one of the main reasons the rares economy is still stimulated.
Without your prices and advice, many would be left without knowledge.
If you do not know this yet, you have affected hundreds of players.
Think of your self a saint.
Thank you for everything.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Highly agreeable!
Dang, that's nice.

Well folks, as I've been reading this thread these past few days, it kinda reminded me of a Rare Collector's reunion lol. It's nice to see you all still collecting. As I stated before I wouldn't have made it this far without your support.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I talk to you, it feels like I have butterflies in my tummy

:heart:

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just for those that didn't know....

Manticore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I am most certainly out of the rares biz, it was definitely worth dropping back in to agree:

Manticore is the glue that keeps this thing together...
He is the "conductor" to the rares orchestra, no doubt.

(Spread the love Promathia...)

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just attempted to access the rares list that Manticore has maintained "forever" and to my horror, it is no longer available due to the forums being hacked!!
Not sure when this actually occurred but I am very saddened at such a Loss!!:sad3:

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well, it would seem I am a bit of a dumb ass today and indeed was looking at the old list. All I can say is Thank Gawd!!:danceb:

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is the go too guy for sure, and we all appreciate him

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, indeed your work is invaluable for our small community, but even more keeping the history of the game alive... without your dedication who knows where we would be...

Cheers Manticore

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, definately a big thank you to you Manti. Have used the database countless times for reference, and to find out where some of my items came from.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I need to throw a Thank You out to Manti as well. Ever since i came back to the game a few years back his list has help me educate myself on items from other shards that i do not play on. If it wasn't for the list he keeps updated i probably would need 2 shovels to dig the research i tend to try and find out on items i see in game.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I absolutely agree, not only does he keep the lists updated, but he is always badgered with "do you know what this is worth?" and he always tries to take out time for everyone. We love you manti!

And glad to see everyone posting nice things here about him, he definitely deserves it, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't always feel everyone's gratitude.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Manticore for all the time that you have devoted to keeping us well informed on the rares forums concerning event item's or rares in general. I believe with out players such as yourself,
the rares community would be alot less interesting to be a part of. I also believe that some other players such as Lord nabin and nails have helped to bring the rares community togather as well.
These are just shiney pixels (rares), but the end result is we make alot of friends in the game and enjoy selling and buying or trading for those pixels that we enjoy to collect.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Highly agreeable!
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Thank you Manti, and dont even mention quitting, your never allowed to :)

Thunderz

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all thank you for the kind words but this is an old thread nearly a year ago that a person pulled up recently because the season 10 thread was merged with all seasons so that season 11 can be created (I know when I got his icq about the thread being gone my heart about dropped too lol). But I sincerely appreciate all your support and there are many people just like me in this game which is why this community is IMO the best and why I stuck around for 15+ years. ShuShu and others who volunteers their time to do the festival is nothing short of awesomeness.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh I thought the thread looked familiar, but I figured its 2013, there can never be too many rounds of thank yous! ^_^ And yes Blend and ShuShu and their staff has worked very hard to make the festival a wonderful experience for all who attended, and definitely deserve lots of cheers!

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:ten: