• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Manners!

G

I am totally shocked at the audacity of some owners/roomies in expecting that their guest clean the toilets, showers and bathtubs. I am 100% for guest picking up their plates, but I will be damned if I play maid for them while I am at their house trying to skill.

To have a owner/roomie threaten me with not providing food is unacceptable, just because I didn't clean the shower or toilet? I always, always pick up my plate after eating, always thank them for the HC and even sing to them to help them keep up their energy and social (providing the sim I am playing has the ability to do so). I never demand or even ask for songs. I believe that if I need energy and social that bad I will do it the "Old Fashioned" way, and do on many occasions.

I realize with the game economics in a crunch that it is hard for all houses to hire a maid, gardner or repairman. Expecting your guest to provide you maid services is going overboard. If a guest chooses to do these things, then that is their choice and the owner/roomies should be thankful, but not all of us are willing to spend our time cleaning "Your" house instead of trying to skill. (Yes I have cleaned a toilet and a shower, but not every time).

Again, I am all for cleaning up the plates, because with limited space at times to sit and eat, then it becomes necessary. If someone cleans my plate before I do, I always make sure that I thank them for doing so (most times I am sitting there gaining social the "Old Fashioned" way).

I would never expect a guest in my home, be it real life or sim life, to clean my bathroom for me.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

This is a game. People have the ability to say and do anything that entertains them. I'm sure your outrage at their request is the exact result they were hoping for and you have provided their entertainment value for the day.

How often do you walk into a stranger's house in real life and ask them to cook for you? I'm sure you wouldn't teach your children to go to a neighbors house and ask for food. Keep this all in perspective. This is a game and not real life. There is a fine line between what is considered good manners and not.

Big deal. You didn't like the way they run their house. Leave and find someplace more to your liking. I am sure there are plenty of people that don't mind cleaning toilets and showers for food.

If you are that hungry, just call me. I'll come over and clean up for ya so you can get fed. I clean bathrooms all the time when I'm online. I rarely go to a house and not clean their bathroom for them. lol.

G

That is going a bit too far!

Again I say if they would just charge people for the service they provide they could afford a maid.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I am totally shocked at the audacity of some owners/roomies in expecting that their guest clean the toilets, showers and bathtubs. I am 100% for guest picking up their plates, but I will be damned if I play maid for them while I am at their house trying to skill.

To have a owner/roomie threaten me with not providing food is unacceptable, just because I didn't clean the shower or toilet? I always, always pick up my plate after eating, always thank them for the HC and even sing to them to help them keep up their energy and social (providing the sim I am playing has the ability to do so). I never demand or even ask for songs. I believe that if I need energy and social that bad I will do it the "Old Fashioned" way, and do on many occasions.

I realize with the game economics in a crunch that it is hard for all houses to hire a maid, gardner or repairman. Expecting your guest to provide you maid services is going overboard. If a guest chooses to do these things, then that is their choice and the owner/roomies should be thankful, but not all of us are willing to spend our time cleaning "Your" house instead of trying to skill. (Yes I have cleaned a toilet and a shower, but not every time).

Again, I am all for cleaning up the plates, because with limited space at times to sit and eat, then it becomes necessary. If someone cleans my plate before I do, I always make sure that I thank them for doing so (most times I am sitting there gaining social the "Old Fashioned" way).

I would never expect a guest in my home, be it real life or sim life, to clean my bathroom for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel a bit differently about cleaning. The way that I am is if i'm queing up and I click to take a shower I also go back and click it to clean if it says its needed, same with the toilet since it only takes about 10 seconds to do this, no big deal to me. That's just me though. I don't comdem anyone even if they don't clean their plate. I just hosted so much and I know it helped out alot when guest would do this and not for the purpose of ssaving me the work but when the appliances ar dirty, they need to be repaired more often.

G

On the flip side of that coin (and this is not in any way directed toward you), I would never, as a guest, expect, request, or demand the house owner or roomies to serenade me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

On the flip side of that coin (and this is not in any way directed toward you), I would never, as a guest, expect, request, or demand the house owner or roomies to serenade me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't demand, request or expect them to serenade me. I did state that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't demand, request or expect them to serenade me. I did state that.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

the thing is, these are not just private homes, if someone goes into a private residence, then i would say it should be treated as if it were a friends home, but a skill house or a money house is there to provide a service and give the owner whatever satisfaction they gain from it, whether it is to become a top house or whatever, its a service and should be conducted as such. Owners and roomies should be prepared to provide that service and by the same token, guest should be prepared to pay for that service to be provided.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the thing is, these are not just private homes, if someone goes into a private residence, then i would say it should be treated as if it were a friends home, but a skill house or a money house is there to provide a service and give the owner whatever satisfaction they gain from it, whether it is to become a top house or whatever, its a service and should be conducted as such. Owners and roomies should be prepared to provide that service and by the same token, guest should be prepared to pay for that service to be provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and the guest provide in the way of tips. I am not saying I never clean more than just my plate, I am saying that to demand I do it or you won't feed me is unacceptable behavior. It is a matter of common courtesy and manners.

G

Ahhh...this brings back the 'old' days.

Back in the beginning, for most of the first year the game was out, there was no maid, gardener or repairman.....(Gracie will be happy to tell you how little she liked that update
).....and it was standard proceedure to both tip and clean up the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens and water the plants when you were on someone's property.

All but the rudest players included the clean-ups in their greening que.

Folks with Mech, were the only way to get anything fixed, and they were valued and much sought after guests...and skilled Mech's loved showing off their valuable skills...usually to repay the host for keeping the buffet full (yes most skill and money houses relied on the buffet rather than home cooking).

My point, you may ask, in this trip down memory lane?

Just, that the definition of 'rude' or 'polite' sim manners, is a very flexible thing...and completely subjective.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and the guest provide in the way of tips. I am not saying I never clean more than just my plate, I am saying that to demand I do it or you won't feed me is unacceptable behavior. It is a matter of common courtesy and manners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you for feeling the way you do then. My last reply was just stating what I do on my own. If I was told clean or no food i'd leave because there's a polite way of asking someone to do this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

bumpity bump

[/ QUOTE ]

So because it is a game, manners and common courtesy goes out the window?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

bumpity bump

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the game people choose to play, then yes. We all play the game differently and for different reasons. The best you can do is find people that enjoy playing the same way you do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

bumpity bump

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the game people choose to play, then yes. We all play the game differently and for different reasons. The best you can do is find people that enjoy playing the same way you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can almost bet that if they were treated the same way the would complain about it and alot louder than I have. Alas though you are right, this is a game and people will play it they way they wish. Still IMO doesn't excuse the lack of manners and common courtesy.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Honestly I think some people could have better manners. We all play our game differently. I think I must be too laid back because I have no problem cleaning up after my guests. I like when they help with plates, but I have never ever thought to make them clean the bathroom or even make the beds. Who cares if the bed isn't made or the shower is dirty, it will get cleaned eventually. And where I can't slack in rl, I guess I appreciate the fact that I can in game.
I guess that would also be why I abuse my sim so often...I know how far I can push her before she passes out and even then she won't die for awhile. lol.
Oddly enough I have a big problem with dog poop lol...that gets cleaned immediately! hehe.

Anyway, if I was running a busy property I would close at the end of the night and spend 10 minutes going through the house and cleaning up for the following day. Not to mention I usually tip when I visit houses. If I tipped and then they demanded that I would remember to never visit there again. Well regardless if they "demanded" it I wouldn't return, because thats my choice.

S

Shyanne1

TTL

What ever happened to role playing in this game. Remember the saying "be someone you are not". I think people have lost sight of the fact that they want everyone to act like they would in RL. It's been years since I've seem someone role play a character and STAY in character all the time. I remember once when Yogi and boo boo came on my lot and ACTED like yogi and boo boo. It was a blast. Should people pick up their plates? Clean? Make Beds? Maybe. I don't even make my bed at home since I think it's a waste of time!

Another thing that people may not know and I don't know if this is true is that things break more often if you don't clean it. If that is the case then I think the owner and roomies would have the most vested interest in keeping the house clean. Come on, quit acting like yourself and have some fun. In fact this thread has given me a role playing idea that I think I will have a lot of fun with. I'm going to create the character now.

G

(general reminder)...

ALL sims and I do mean sims. There, are real life people on that other side of the screen so please respect them as you would to your family, friends, neighbor. thank you and god bless.

<font color="red"> p.s One more thing too. by reading this post. This is not directed to anyone nor any of my post in the future. </font>

G

Whenever I go to a house I clean up my plate. It doesn't dawn on me to clean the shower and toliet. If my sim pees on herslef of course I will clean that up as well. If the houses are going to demand that guests clean then they should have it in the house bio.

J

jafo1972

I have to agree here. With the renewed reliance on the buffet, it takes that much longer to green. Add in that you have to clean up 2 or more plates(if you're one that does it) and it starts to take away from your time to skill.

I still go back to the days before we had maids, repairmen, etc and even now they are only so useful. If I get a lot where I don't have to take 3 plates from the buffet to fill hunger (and therefore clean up at least 3 plates) then I am more inclined to use a toilet or shower that need cleaning and queue that up at the same time. Same goes for a bed, I'll make it up as I go along. I'll even repair something or call the repairman depending on what time it is. But to demand it of me is going too far. However, if a roomie/owner feels that depriving me of food is a just punishment, there are plenty of other houses I can go to. Used to be cooking and mech were valued skills in roomies, along with a good personality. Now it's just someone who can sit around for hours and keep the buffet stocked and look where it's gotten us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is a game. People have the ability to say and do anything that entertains them. I'm sure your outrage at their request is the exact result they were hoping for and you have provided their entertainment value for the day.

How often do you walk into a stranger's house in real life and ask them to cook for you? I'm sure you wouldn't teach your children to go to a neighbors house and ask for food. Keep this all in perspective. This is a game and not real life. There is a fine line between what is considered good manners and not.

Big deal. You didn't like the way they run their house. Leave and find someplace more to your liking. I am sure there are plenty of people that don't mind cleaning toilets and showers for food.

If you are that hungry, just call me. I'll come over and clean up for ya so you can get fed. I clean bathrooms all the time when I'm online. I rarely go to a house and not clean their bathroom for them. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think belittling somebody's feelings is very constructive....nor is it something that I would have ever connected this post to you having written it. I hope nobody hacked into your account, but if not....bad day? Seriously, yes this is a game, but when people are rude to us in-game, sometimes its easier to let it roll off like water off a duck's back than others. Also, if it was a skill house, the OP might not have the option to 'go somewhere else' since I don't think EA Land is getting the independent skill speeds that we have in TC3. Before we got it, some skills were so hard to find speeds for, that you were basically stuck to one house if you were lucky enough to find the speeds there. With other skills it might not be so bad just going to another place, but either way there's no excuse.....NO EXCUSE for anybody to be rude in the game simply because they are burned out and not having fun doing what they are doing anymore. Just like you said the OP could just leave and go somewhere else, owners and roomies could let somebody else run their house for a while or *gasp* close it if they are so short tempered for the day that they can't even muster cordialness through gritted teeth IRL behind their computer screen. I don't really care what somebody is calling me behind their computer screen as long as while I am in their house they treat me with the same respect and courtesy I treat them with in room chat and PC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. The fact that a person has to *live* in a skill house or money house to provide food and other services is a flaw in the system. Very few skill or money houses I've seen have 'living quarters' for the roomie sims....they green in all the same areas as the guests do, therefore it's more akin to a sim job or responsibility rather than a private residence. If a sim wants a private residence, that's all well and good but that house should be in the services or residence category (why do you think the residence category is even there???
) or it should at the very least be set to admit list or ban all if they do not want to provide the service that their house is designated to provide by the property category. If they were on admit list or ban all then they would not be taking up a slot on the top half of the top 100 list, and then nobody would have any reason to complain about how they treat their guests, because they wouldn't have any. I'm not in favor of doing anything half-assed. If you're (general 'you') are gonna do something then do it right....give it 100% and when you feel you can't or don't want to, then unlike a RL job you can just simply choose not to have your house open for a couple hours, or a day, or however long it takes you to get shed of the burnout......but taking your 'feeling taken advantage of' out on your guests has never, nor will ever be acceptable. Owners and roomies are only taken advantage of to the degree that they allow themselves to be. They can choose to walk away anytime....if they don't wish to walk away then they need to be ready to bite the bullet and do their duties to the best of their ability for however long per day that they signed up to do them if they are a roomie, or pass it off to a roomie if they are an owner. I'm getting sick of the 'I've been kicked around too long so now it's your turn to be kicked around' scenario that some people seem to have developed due to just plain old cynicism and/or being jaded.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

What ever happened to role playing in this game. Remember the saying "be someone you are not". I think people have lost sight of the fact that they want everyone to act like they would in RL. It's been years since I've seem someone role play a character and STAY in character all the time. I remember once when Yogi and boo boo came on my lot and ACTED like yogi and boo boo. It was a blast. Should people pick up their plates? Clean? Make Beds? Maybe. I don't even make my bed at home since I think it's a waste of time!

Another thing that people may not know and I don't know if this is true is that things break more often if you don't clean it. If that is the case then I think the owner and roomies would have the most vested interest in keeping the house clean. Come on, quit acting like yourself and have some fun. In fact this thread has given me a role playing idea that I think I will have a lot of fun with. I'm going to create the character now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now rudeness is justified as 'in the spirit of roleplay'? Are you serious? More importantly, are you aware that that is a very common argument amongst alot of scammers in game? 'Oh I'm not a bad person in RL, I'd never do this to a real person, I just wanted to see what being a thief was like'? Give me a break. Morals, ethics and etiquette do not have to end where good or even excellent roleplay begins, or vice versa. It is possible to do both. Honestly though, its attitudes like this that make me wish more and more that this game was not lumped into the RPG category, because really it is not. It is a life simulation game which means that it does have some aspects of RL in it, even though not 100% obviously. Even in combat style games where player vs. player dueling and even player killing is allowed, it is restricted to certain areas of the game, meaning that those who want to engage in that kind of stuff can go there to do it can, and those that want to enjoy other RP styles in peace can do that too.....so even in those worlds its not 100% OK all the time the way some players in this thread seem to think it should be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from old school tso, if i dirty it i cean it. It's only a few extra clicks and honestly if you owned a house and guests ran around eating, peeing, sleeping and didn't clean up at all each time you'd probly get frustrated too.

As for fun/social i've never serenaded, i hate it and prefer not to have it done to my sims either, a pool table works perfectly fine for both. Sims have gotten far TOO lazy and demand serenades therefore if or when i max skills, creativity is the only skill i leave at ZERO, LOL. I do enough with cooking, cleaning, and providing the house in which sims skill or earn money etc. I'm not there to babysit and make sure your sim is serenaded for fun/soc, thats your sims job.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

So now rudeness is justified as 'in the spirit of roleplay'? Are you serious? More importantly, are you aware that that is a very common argument amongst alot of scammers in game? 'Oh I'm not a bad person in RL, I'd never do this to a real person, I just wanted to see what being a thief was like'? Give me a break. Morals, ethics and etiquette do not have to end where good or even excellent roleplay begins, or vice versa. It is possible to do both. Honestly though, its attitudes like this that make me wish more and more that this game was not lumped into the RPG category, because really it is not. It is a life simulation game which means that it does have some aspects of RL in it, even though not 100% obviously. Even in combat style games where player vs. player dueling and even player killing is allowed, it is restricted to certain areas of the game, meaning that those who want to engage in that kind of stuff can go there to do it can, and those that want to enjoy other RP styles in peace can do that too.....so even in those worlds its not 100% OK all the time the way some players in this thread seem to think it should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my post did I ever say that roleplaying was an excuse to be rude. Man you take this game way too seriously. It ISN'T real life and it was promoted as a place where you can BE SOMEONE ELSE. People don't "live" in these houses they live in real homes out in the world. What you want is a nicy nicy chatroom with graphics. Well not everyone plays that way. The scammer comment I'm not even going to address because it has no place here.

There is no reason why we have to have a separate roleplaying area because that is what this game was all about to begin with. Why should those players be banned to an area because you don't like their gameplay?

My morals may not condone a house that is called playboy mansion and when you go there they have sexual roleplaying but then I just don't go there. I don't campaign to have them banned to a certain area of the game because I don't like it.

and btw, this game has no aspects of RL in it at all. RL is REAL. This is a GAME so no I don't have to act like I do in RL. What this game has is aspects of a Chatroom. If people choose to use it as something else and you don't like it, go play somewhere else.

G

If people are gonna role-play a mean jerk, maybe they shouldn't take up hosting.

S

Sideliner

ROFL!!!!!

I have not read anything so funny in all my life. This is a game, it's supposed to be relaxing. You are getting your knickers in a bunch because your sim paused a few seconds to do a swipe and a wipe down of a toilet and shower?

Belittling the posters feelings? What is she doing to the people she's ranting about? Jeez, nothing like an ungrateful guest who thinks they are a divas who can't get their little pampered pixelated hands dirty. If the player doesn't want to clean up, doesn't like looking at the dishes or doesn't like the hospitality....there's a phone booth she can use to leave.

I for one find that doing just those things is kinda fun. When I finish eating, I look around to see what needs doing. Pick up the plates nearby, I'll clean a couple of toilets, use one. Clean a shower or two, take a shower. If cleaning our houses in real could be as easy as cleaning them on the game, we'd all have sparkly clean houses.

I feel sorry for hosts and hostesses. You know people hosting houses are real people too? And if they take a break to sit down and skill instead of picking up a plate, I really can't find fault in that.

R

Roger Wilco

What's the problem? Why all the drama postings in this thread?

If you don't like the way a house is run don't go to it.

If you consider a person rude use the ignore feature.

Problem solved.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If people are gonna role-play a mean jerk, maybe they shouldn't take up hosting.

[/ QUOTE ]
It *does* seem to be an exercise in futulity, doesn't it?

OTOH - if one encounters a host who is a mean jerk, he/she is privileged to go someplace else, while allowing this idiot to enjoy his solitude on his own property.

G

I always clean up after myself - bathrooms aswell, because they break if we don't and in a full house it's hard for owner/roomies to get it all done - and it is in my own interest that the toilets don't break...lol - it does only take 2 seconds. But on the other hand - I do think it's an individual choice and should be - I do get tired of people having 10 signs up about CLEAR YOUR PLATES!! Doesn't seem very welcoming for some reason...

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It *does* seem to be an exercise in futulity, doesn't it?

OTOH - if one encounters a host who is a mean jerk, he/she is privileged to go someplace else, while allowing this idiot to enjoy his solitude on his own property.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read and re-read the original post. I didn't really see how the host was being a jerk or anything else.

They may have been a little distracted and left a few items dirty, but that doesn't mean they are a jerk.

On the other hand the original poster does kinda sound like a pampered little princess who think that just because she pays $9.99 a month that the rest of us are supposed to kiss her rear end.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ROFL!!!!!

I have not read anything so funny in all my life. This is a game, it's supposed to be relaxing. You are getting your knickers in a bunch because your sim paused a few seconds to do a swipe and a wipe down of a toilet and shower?

Belittling the posters feelings? What is she doing to the people she's ranting about? Jeez, nothing like an ungrateful guest who thinks they are a divas who can't get their little pampered pixelated hands dirty. If the player doesn't want to clean up, doesn't like looking at the dishes or doesn't like the hospitality....there's a phone booth she can use to leave.

I for one find that doing just those things is kinda fun. When I finish eating, I look around to see what needs doing. Pick up the plates nearby, I'll clean a couple of toilets, use one. Clean a shower or two, take a shower. If cleaning our houses in real could be as easy as cleaning them on the game, we'd all have sparkly clean houses.

I feel sorry for hosts and hostesses. You know people hosting houses are real people too? And if they take a break to sit down and skill instead of picking up a plate, I really can't find fault in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my OP did I ever say that I demanded anything, or mentioned that I was ungrateful? I do recall saying that I greened my energy and social the "Old Fashioned" way. I never ask (demand as some do) for songs, I clean up my plates, and yes I have cleaned the shower and toilet.

My complaint is that how dare I be threatened or anyone else for that matter because I/they didn't clean. I never mentioned what city this took place in, I didn't even mention the slot on the top 100 list they were in. I have been a host before and I guarantee you I would never ever treat a guest the way these people did. I would never tell (yell at) my guest that if they didn't clean I was not going to feed them. If you don't like that this bothers me then that is your choice. It bothers me that there are people out there that are rude, be it game or real life. I am not a rude person and I did nothing to deserve what happened. I am one of the guest that you see that is silent unless she has something to say (which by the way is never negative). I clean my plate always and yes again I will say I have cleaned a shower and a toilet. I am NEVER ungrateful for the service provided.

G

I don't wanna clean other ppls toilets either so I'm reporting myself as a pampered princess

G

<blockquote><hr>

On the other hand the original poster does kinda sound like a pampered little princess who think that just because she pays $9.99 a month that the rest of us are supposed to kiss her rear end.

[/ QUOTE ]

You all just don't read very well. Where in my OP does it sound like I am a pampered little princess? I said and will say again, I clean up my plates, I HAVE cleaned a shower and a toilet. This post is about the manners of owners/roomies that DEMAND that if I don't they won't feed or sing. I could careless if they sing to me, I green my energy in the bed and I green my social by complimenting people in the house. If that makes me sound like a pampered little princess...then YES I am!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't wanna clean other ppls toilets either so I'm reporting myself as a pampered princess

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for making me smile

Maybe we should start a Pampered Pincess League!!

S

Shadowbay

I agree ... Im from the old school ... a bed is fine ... and I always pick up my plate if the maid isnt there, as well as the bazillion other plates left !!!

G

I try to clean up my plate always, but I'll admit to a bit of irritation when my guy automatically cleans up every plate in the house.
I wouldn't get mad if the devs fixed it so that we could choose to "clean up" only our own, or "clean all" (every dirty plate).

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahha!!! Bet you don't spray bugs either!

But honestly, I have to ponder the showers - toilets though. I can't count how many times I've cleaned those, sit down and then am instantly told by a guest that one of the showers are dirty.

I refuse to keep a 'cleanliness vigil' over toilets and showers, constantly clicking to see if they are clean. If I see bugs in the bathroom, that's when I look for dirty ones.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahha!!! Bet you don't spray bugs either!

But honestly, I have to ponder the showers - toilets though. I can't count how many times I've cleaned those, sit down and then am instantly told by a guest that one of the showers are dirty.

I refuse to keep a 'cleanliness vigil' over toilets and showers, constantly clicking to see if they are clean. If I see bugs in the bathroom, that's when I look for dirty ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you refuse to feed those guest just because they reported to you that the showers are dirty? I doubt that you do. I never in all my years of playing have ever told a owner/roomie that their showers/toilets were dirty. I have reported when something is broken so that they are aware and can call the repairman. Yes in the past I have also repaired things for them, sort of my way of saying thank you for your hospitality, I fixed this for you. Guess that still makes me a pampered princess...and if that is the case, then I wear that title proudly.

G

I understand what you are saying... but.

Just click the mouse man, no physical exertion whatsoever. Or leave the property.

I remember the days of cleaning up after yourself... I kinda still do if I play.

Aint no thang.

R

Roger Wilco

We don't condone it, some are simply saying why whine about it when you have the ability to leave the lot or put the person on ignore? You have the tools to fix the problem, do it and move on.

G

Ok... here is a scenario for you since you brought it up.

Say you are at a friends house.

And you eat dinner. You realize that this dinner is not sitting well with you and you run to the bathroom.

You use the bathroom and you make it really gross and disgusting, it smells the toilet is stained, and clogged.

And you say, "well it would be rude if this house owner expected ME to clean their bathroom" and you leave.

Thats disgusting.... and rude.

Now... that we are talking about an effing game. Point click done.

Its rude for you to expect some silly house owner to follow around your silly sim so that you don't have to click your mouse.

the topic at hand should not be rude sims, but lazy people.

How lazy do you have to be to not click a button?

G

How rude is it to yell at your guest that you won't feed them if they don't? If this were real life and the scenario you laid out happened, or course I would clean up the mess...but this isn't and I never said I didn't clean, I just don't do it everytime.

Yes I could have ignored this person, then not be able to skill at the only skill house open at the time for the skill I was working on.

No matter real life or game life...rudeness is IMO unacceptable. There are nicer ways of asking the guest to help out, demanding isn't the way.

G

Well, at that point you leave.

And who said what is it with this trend of people coming to the forums every time they have a personal dispute in game is accurate.

I could spin it either way!

I could come here start a thread saying MESSY HOUSEGUESTS.

I keep them fed! I offer them a place to skill! I don't charge for food!
The least they could do is clean up after themselves when they green so that I don't have to pay money I can't afford for a maid, since I don't make any money doing my service.

Do I agree with the scenario above?

I could care less..

But it could just as easily go that way .

Just leave if you don't like it.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

No matter real life or game life...rudeness is IMO unacceptable. There are nicer ways of asking the guest to help out, demanding isn't the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's where you went wrong. It's their house, they have every right to be as rude as they want. If it's really "unacceptable" to you then leave or use ignore.

Why do you want to whine about it instead of just solving the problem?

G

*Throws hands up in total frustration*

I guess I am a rare breed in finding rudeness unacceptable no matter the damn scenario.

Sure go ahead and make a thread about Messy House Guest. You won't find me posting on it because I do clean up, just not every damn time. I am not whining I am simply pointing out that there are better ways to ask the guest to help out, demanding me to do something or you won't feed isn't the way to do it.

As I stated, had I ignored the person then I would have had no place to skill at the time because it was the only house open for the skill I was working on.

G

Ruby, I'm not trying to attack you or frustrate you, but understand there are three sides to every story.

And as of late everyone brings disputes to the forums.

Honestly, I'm not sure its rude for a lot owner to begrudge players food if they do not clean.

But if I found a situation that displeased me, i wouldn't stay there... even if it was the only skill lot opened.