• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mall of Britannia

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatLord

Hello
Placing community vendors at the Mall of Britannia, Olympus
Please contact me if you wish to place a vendor.
Thank you.

Sincerely
Pitr

K

katherinepgoh

Hello
Placing community vendors at the Mall of Britannia, Olympus
Please contact me if you wish to place a vendor.
Thank you.

Sincerely
Pitr
Hello, new neighbor! We took notice that Highmoon was no longer the occupant of either the small park house or the castle, and we've been looking at what we can offer you. As you well know, The Purple Guardians of Honor are always looking to expand our township of Olympus, specifically around the area that these two homes are at! Since you are very interested in assisting the community, we are looking forward to dealing favorably with you. We wish to offer you fifty (50m) million gold for the park home that lies in front of the castle, and next to our Barracks building. As you should know, this is an incredibly generous offer, and is what the usual rate for a keep is these days! We're also willing to offer five hundred (500m) for the Mall of Brittania castle if you are interested in selling it, which is again well above the going rate of a castle in Trammel. We hope that you will take these generous offers and assist us in our efforts to better benefit the roleplaying community here on Catskills. Please contact me at ICQ 431702770 to discuss, or post your reply here! Looking forward to doing business with you! Thank you!

C

CatLord

Hello!

Thank you for your offer but I made a promise to Highmoon.
That I would keep the tradition, create a museum to display all her shard birth rares and, try to destroy Luna, on my own...

Plus it will soon be the GRI HQ... I just need to organize the statues of all our elders and start moving them... the EyE of the Storm.

So, I found the place where I will stay until the game ends.

The GRI Aquapark in front of the Mall of Britannia, I'll use that one as a bank for all my characters on the different accounts... so the first floor will look like a locker room. (and bod holders)

We're also using the GRI Fishing Hut West of the Mall of Britannia to use as Hawkeye Pike taught his pirates... community fish tank, so everyone gets their quest fish faster. (feel free to join us there)

Strength and Honor!

K

katherinepgoh

Hello!

Thank you for your offer but I made a promise to Highmoon.
That I would keep the tradition, create a museum to display all her shard birth rares and, try to destroy Luna, on my own...

Plus it will soon be the GRI HQ... I just need to organize the statues of all our elders and start moving them... the EyE of the Storm.

So, I found the place where I will stay until the game ends.

The GRI Aquapark in front of the Mall of Britannia, I'll use that one as a bank for all my characters on the different accounts... so the first floor will look like a locker room. (and bod holders)

We're also using the GRI Fishing Hut West of the Mall of Britannia to use as Hawkeye Pike taught his pirates... community fish tank, so everyone gets their quest fish faster. (feel free to join us there)

Strength and Honor!

Since you did bring up the bod holding vendors, could you please look into moving them to a different location? Since they are essentially storage, even moving them to the West side of the castle would be preferable, as the spot they are now causes lag within Olympus, which is where we do like to hold events and the like, and it negatively impacts everyone in the community who tries to attend when they have to have their clients load all of that. We appreciate your time!

C

CatLord

Will do my best... but those are 50 vendors paid for 312 days.

(and I dont have more accounts)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you are saying is you are going to throw 50 vendors in that one "locker room" house and then whatever vendors you put into the castle (which hold what 100 if I remember?) and whatever other houses you will be placing there? I speak from personal experience as Vamp's Lair had 78 vendors in the castle in Felucca and it was the laggiest thing to load up...

Just try to consider that in your plans.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not sure why anyone would want to put their "headquarters" (lol?) in the middle of someone else's city but... ok.

Highmoon and I are friends. She was about bringing the community together, not tearing it apart. Please do not tarnish her good name by mentioning she had any part of what your "plans" are. Especially since she is not here to defend herself. Thank you.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is good to see the community come together. However, lets not derail this thread due to personal feelings we have with certain individuals. Some posts here could have been better served in PM form.

C

CatLord

Funny how this fits...

"mind your own business"

You dont see me saying:
- stop making rp elitistic,
- stop rainding people at spawns,
- stop killing all opposition at fel idocs...

you three play UO your way...

I play Mine...

Community Mall for everyone
Fishing Hut for everyone
RBG for everyone
Spawns for everyone
Fel idocs for everyone

It makes the three of you dislike me...

"not my problem"

C

canary

Since you did bring up the bod holding vendors, could you please look into moving them to a different location? Since they are essentially storage, even moving them to the West side of the castle would be preferable, as the spot they are now causes lag within Olympus, which is where we do like to hold events and the like, and it negatively impacts everyone in the community who tries to attend when they have to have their clients load all of that. We appreciate your time!
Wow, that's really... bossy of you.

'Since you are community minded, you'll give us what we want!'

'If you don't sell to us, we'll just tell you how we want things!'

Nothing says 'community' like someone acting like this. Great going. rolleyes:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It is good to see the community come together.
You're blind if you see this as the "community coming together". Sorry to be so blunt Podo but you have no idea what you're talking about here.

C

CatLord

Hello Canary,
Things sure are in the open hum?
No clue who you are but please come visit Olympus and say hello!
We will be opening the Mall soon, with an extra 108 vendors.
And we also have a new 12x8 south of the GRI Castle/Park/Fishing Hut... prolly a RBG Outpost, not sure yet.

We'll soon apply for a GRI banner... just making sure everything in the area is community driven...

Sincerely
CatLord

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're blind if you see this as the "community coming together". Sorry to be so blunt Podo but you have no idea what you're talking about here.
There are several posts in here that are opposite of what I would call community coming together. No Flutter I am not blind and can see exactly what is going on. However, it is generally advisable to stay positive. Positive criticism promotes good will, negative criticism promotes rifts.

As always you are entitled to your opinion.

C

CatLord

Good day

Today we'll be placing some vendors at the GRI Mall of Britannia, Olympus.

We still have 93 spots.

1st floor:
Center... commodities
South... pvp supplies
2nd floor:
East... whispering rose radio area... crafted/imbued, misc items
North... power/stat scrolls, sots, alac
West... tokens
North West corner... magik supplies

Please contact me if you wish to place your vendor.

We are also placing vendors at the Fishing Hut (West)
Can hold 28 vendors and will sell:
- t maps
- nets
- mibs
- fishing related items

Please contact Oriana (icq # above)

Ex Pluribus Unum

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We'll soon apply for a GRI banner... just making sure everything in the area is community driven...
Pitr,

I am not entirely sure what the banners signify, if they signify a town or just a guild's presence in a location. If the banner's signify a town I would think it might be better to try and cohabit the existing town with the present occupants. It would be as sign of good will rather than trying to have two towns in the same area.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pitr,

I am not entirely sure what the banners signify, if they signify a town or just a guild's presence in a location. If the banner's signify a town I would think it might be better to try and cohabit the existing town with the present occupants. It would be as sign of good will rather than trying to have two towns in the same area.
Kudos.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good day

Today we'll be placing some vendors at the GRI Mall of Britannia, Olympus.

We still have 93 spots.

1st floor:
Center... commodities
South... pvp supplies
2nd floor:
East... whispering rose radio area... crafted/imbued, misc items
North... power/stat scrolls, sots, alac
West... tokens
North West corner... magik supplies

Please contact me if you wish to place your vendor.

We are also placing vendors at the Fishing Hut (West)
Can hold 28 vendors and will sell:
- t maps
- nets
- mibs
- fishing related items

Please contact Oriana (icq # above)

Ex Pluribus Unum
Not sure what right you have to take anothers Guilds Town and call it your own? Olympus I believe is PGOH NOT GRI...

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That is not what Katherine was trying to say. She has been trying to buy those properties for a while to add to our longstanding player town of Olympus. She welcomed him to the neighborhood and offered to buy the properties for well above market value. If you look around on the forums you'll see she's posted several offers to people that live in the area just like this one. He brought up the storage vendors and she merely asked him if it was possible to move them because it generates a good amount of lag in the area. We've ran several community events in the area in the last month, and have plans to hold many more. We could hold the events in other areas of the town, but she thought asking nicely might work. Shame on her. As it stands now, anybody is welcome in Olympus... unless of course your a known vampire/criminal/other nasty thing. Always have been and always will be.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

If you knew anything about this shards politics you'd understand.

C

canary

If you knew anything about this shards politics you'd understand.
I understand that the way Katherine posted it sounds more like the mafia than a community focused guild (imo). 'Welcome to the neighborhood, now we will buy you out because you express being community minded. If you don't agree, here's what you need to do."

Yes, that is how it comes across as. It's passive aggressive and sounds terrible. That's not the way someone who is a voice of the community should handle things. And a little PM goes a long ways instead of airing your laundry like that.

To the OP (CatHat), I'm going to chime in and remind you that simply having an establishment isn't enough to justify a banner. You also need to show activity, community, a way to get information out, and at the very least 6 months of activity before you can even try to get one.

That said, I am not you but I think in the spririt of community that you should probably try your best to integrate with the neighbors and try to be part of their world. Not by selling your property, but by extending an olive branch. IMO I don't think applying for a banner inside an already established area is the best way to do that. Again, just my opinion.

Your shard looks like it has a lot of drama. That's never good for people who may want to look at becoming part of your community.

C

CatLord

Hello again Canary.

All of the above is just a repeat of RBG drama...

We created a Royal Britannia Guard guild, when the elders understood they had no control or saying they went to the EMs so they could control us... and I was forced to tell the EM to mind his own business. (look around stratics for that post)

About GRI... we are the oldest ongoing guild on Catskills that made its purpose to help people.
(15th March 1998)

Which granted us a small boon back in the day, after we got 3k characters completely trained under the MagiK Academy program (you will find some post about it on stratics too)

Our boon... on every ultima online shard, the New Haven Inn name changed... into our name guild.
First the devs messed it and called it the "gentile Rest"... but they got it right a few days later... that is our Guild banner.

This because we made our purpose to help every player into every facet of the ultima online game... and we always keep our word.

We are all inclusive, so we help everyone, even people in guilds that would raid us in felucca.

So We dont need a Banner... we're GRI and we're known across most shards... for what we do.

Help People.

Nice posts...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I understand that the way Katherine posted it sounds more like the mafia than a community focused guild (imo). 'Welcome to the neighborhood, now we will buy you out because you express being community minded. If you don't agree, here's what you need to do."

Yes, that is how it comes across as. It's passive aggressive and sounds terrible. That's not the way someone who is a voice of the community should handle things. And a little PM goes a long ways instead of airing your laundry like that.

To the OP (CatHat), I'm going to chime in and remind you that simply having an establishment isn't enough to justify a banner. You also need to show activity, community, a way to get information out, and at the very least 6 months of activity before you can even try to get one.

That said, I am not you but I think in the spririt of community that you should probably try your best to integrate with the neighbors and try to be part of their world. Not by selling your property, but by extending an olive branch. IMO I don't think applying for a banner inside an already established area is the best way to do that. Again, just my opinion.

Your shard looks like it has a lot of drama. That's never good for people who may want to look at becoming part of your community.
That's just it friend, (Not CatHat the dev... CatLord) he didn't buy the property for the fun of the game, the only purpose was to try to tear down another group. He knew Katherine/PGoH wanted it, so he purchased it (for a stupid amount of money)
He's trying to hurt someone under the veil of doing something "for the community".

Katherine simply asked him (nicely) that if he's going to use all those storage vendors to please relocate them to the opposite side as to not to lag those who actually are part of the community there.

C

canary

That's just it friend, (Not CatHat the dev... CatLord) he didn't buy the property for the fun of the game, the only purpose was to try to tear down another group. He knew Katherine/PGoH wanted it, so he purchased it (for a stupid amount of money)
He's trying to hurt someone under the veil of doing something "for the community".

Katherine simply asked him (nicely) that if he's going to use all those storage vendors to please relocate them to the opposite side as to not to lag those who actually are part of the community there.
If she and others knew that he outright bought it recently, why even attempt publicly to ask if he'd sell? That's incredibly obtuse. And it's not a 'stupid amount of money' if the buyer feels he is getting his money's worth, after all Katherine herself offered 500 million gold. Not exactly chump change either. So does that make either of them stupid? No. Just wanting the same thing.

Hopefully, that 'same thing' is community. We have our fair share of incidents on my home shard, and I have been in the middle of some doozies myself. I would simply hope that better heads prevail if in truth all the above people ARE wanting to be pro community for the betterment of the shard and its populace. Because in the end it all seems you want the same thing, even if you are going about it vastly different.

I'm obviously seeing there are far greater issues at hand here than simply a plot of land, which is unfortunate. However, I can only encourage that those who want to bring a community together instead of apart would be better served by attempting a rational dialogue, hopefully by way of PM.

In other words, this is not the way you want the populace to see you. It will only drive others from wanting to be part of it, and that's the last thing that community should be about.

C

CatLord

Pitr,

Good will... k, we can try that...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will be enough posturing for today, thank you everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.