• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making the perfect woodland sampire suit...questions

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen some suits on Atlantic with around 8 mods with decent resists. My questions are. How expensive are these suits? And, are there any imbuers willing to make me a badass suit on atlantic?

The suit pieces had like...8stam, 8 mana, 8lmc, 5 hpi, 5 hci, 2MR and resists in the 11-18 category..

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen some suits on Atlantic with around 8 mods with decent resists. My questions are. How expensive are these suits? And, are there any imbuers willing to make me a badass suit on atlantic?

The suit pieces had like...8stam, 8 mana, 8lmc, 5 hpi, 5 hci, 2MR and resists in the 11-18 category..
It most often is very expensive. What you do is imbue the item to 500% Eight and enhance it afterwards to get the additional resist and the extra mod from the wood Hci/Hpr.
I only created one part like this for my 18 HPR mage suit so i havnt done a lot of parts or anything. The problem is that you have a great chanse of destroying the item when enhancing and that makes the PoF you used before imbuing go to waste along with all the imbuing mats.
I would say that you break about 2 out of 3, heres the creapy part. Even if you succeed in enhancing the item you dont know what mod the wood will spawn, ie maybe you want 5HCI but the armor gets a roll for HPR.

It can be increadibly expensive. The question is how much do the RNG hate/Love you? :popcorn:

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
enhancing is not required on 4 piece woodland suit for max resists on a sampire you just need to break out a spread sheet to plan the stat distributions correctly and its smooth sailing from there

first you farm a ton of heartwood

then you make heartwood woodland pieces out of regular saws or w/e

take the exceptional ones with DI or HCI

then imbue with Stamina increase, HP increase, MI or LMC, and one resist

so basically of 5 properties one is taken up by heartwood mod which you automatically get on an exceptionally crafted heartwood armor piece

then you imbue the other 4 properties upon the armor

in fact it would be even easier to make the suit if you dont mind having only 40 DCI but i run with 45 so i only use 4 piece woodland instead of 5

i consider my suit nearly perfect cept that i ran out of relic fragments so i was forced to do Mana increase instead of lmc/ i needed +skill on my jewels cause my acc isnt old enough..

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that my friend, sucks balls. Oh well, I'll just stick with the normal leather armor suits and faction artifacts :D
If you don't need manaregen there is no reason to use normal leather. You should at least use studded for the extra point, plus the woodland gets 3 extra resist points so if your an elf you benefit.

It is much easier to make an all 70's suit with woodland and I even put one together that used arties and only three woodland pieces, however, I had to match with one piece frostwood and the other two heartwood plus had to imbue prior to enhancing. Only two pieces needed two resists imbued (+20 and +22) each so it was a nice combination.

-Lorax

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made 4 pieces like these arms/tunic/gloves and gorget, some with a resist instead of a mod. I could of put the MR at 2 and the LMC at 8 but i ran out of mats on the second round.

It can be damn expensive if you dont have to stuff, heres what i used to get the 4 items out of 40-50 i made of each [about a 1 in 40 chance of getting the 5%HCI and it not breaking]

350 POF
10000 Bark
2000 funig
200 Seeds of renewal
10000 Wood
1000 Heartwood
2000 Boura pelts
LOTS of residue/enchanted essence and gems

So rough total in current market value for all the mats is 160'000'000
Thats going by me geeting 4 out of 160 that i enhanced and out of about 2500 i made to get the right spread of resists before imbuing then enhancing.

Thunderz

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
160 million is a tad bit more than i'm willing to pay for an imbued suit!!!!

:gee:

T

Teardrop

I applaud your effort Thunderz. That's an ultimate piece of armor... if you can just explain the reason behind stamina regen. :)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I applaud your effort Thunderz. That's an ultimate piece of armor... if you can just explain the reason behind stamina regen. :)
There was acrtually no logical reason :D

I could put 6 mods on it.. so i did :) some i put SR some i put HPR :) As there isnt much else left to choose for the last mod :)

Thunderz

T

Teardrop

That's the same dilemma I faced when making my woodland suits. Then I figured you can still make a damn good suit if you just imbue 4 mods on a pre-selected heartwood pieces with just the right resists.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the same dilemma I faced when making my woodland suits. Then I figured you can still make a damn good suit if you just imbue 4 mods on a pre-selected heartwood pieces with just the right resists.
Yeah, alot cheeper aswell :)

The arms were experemental to see how it went getting 6 mods

Thunderz

T

thesplatter

how does a perfect suit looks at the moment without enhanc?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm building my new sampire woodland suit now. On the suit I made for my LJ, I made the stuff out of heartwood then imbued.

This time, since there is the forged artifact tool, I'm imbuing then enhancing.

I crafted last night for about 2 hours making just tunics before I got the right base resists.

This suit is going to be amazing, but I can see it is also going to be incredibly time consuming and expensive.

I'll be sure to post pics once its done, along with the weapon arsenal.

E

Elias Morbid86

I want to know how you guys have the money to keep making these elite suits??? I've seen the other thread when some of you posted your suits and their amazing stats with a amazing price but seems to be worth it I'm jealous lol

A

anvira

Wow...Thanks for all the great tips (I'm going to actually be able to afford to make one of these by the make with Heartwood first/then imbue method)

Appreciate the tips!!!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

I went through 10 forged arti charges, ended up with 2 pieces I"m going to use. And 2 that have DI when I needed 5 HCI. And about 6 other pieces that didn't get HCI or DI.

Anyways, I have 2 really nice DI pieces that I can't use..

These are for sale on Great Lakes. I am asking 12 mil per piece.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I've used about 10 charges and got 2 usable pieces (1 DI 1 HCI) and 8 useless ones. I need 2 more HCI pieces :/

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I've used about 10 charges and got 2 usable pieces (1 DI 1 HCI) and 8 useless ones. I need 2 more HCI pieces :/
The pieces really aren't that expensive to make. My suit is designed so none of the pieces need 8 LMC, just 7. Luminsecant fungi really aren't that expensive either.

It's just a pain.. grinding out the base pieces, making sure I can make the rest of the suit.. imbue.. enhance.. Probly takes me like an hour per piece to make.

I will probably spend all day tomorrow doing it and will still likely not be finished.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also - wtf, why is HCI so hard to get. I get DI constantly but haven't gotten 1 HCI out of 1.5 of the forged metal tools.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also - wtf, why is HCI so hard to get. I get DI constantly but haven't gotten 1 HCI out of 1.5 of the forged metal tools.
RNG bro, thats why it would of cost me 250million to make mine when SA came out. :)

Thunderz

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stam regen is important because you lose it as you take damage and you want to keep your ssi and healing fast all the time.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God no, don't waste mods on SR. Use Hit Stam Leech, Total Refresh, Divine Fury, or a combination of the three.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RNG bro, thats why it would of cost me 250million to make mine when SA came out. :)

Thunderz
Well, only one piece left to make, the gloves. I hit a lucky streak last night and my tunic got HCI after about 6 charges, then the very next piece I made was a gorget and it enhanced to HCI.

One piece left to make then I can move on to farming ingreds for the jewels.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After about 10 hours of in game playing time just crafting, imbuing, and enhancing, I finally got down to my 25th forged artifact charge. I make my woodland gauntlets, imbue, enhance, success! Last piece with HCI finished.

Problem: Forgot to POF it and only has 64 durability.

I'm going to use one of the other 4 pairs that enhanced to a crappy mod that has 255 durability without that 5 hci for low level spawn and only equip the nice gauntlets when I am doing a high level boss.

Still, it figures that the one time when I don't POF I get the HCI... RNG my ass.

A

AND3R

After about 10 hours of...... Last piece with HCI finished.

I'm going to use one of the other 4 pairs.....when I am doing a high level boss.

Still, it figures that the one time when I don't POF I get the HCI... RNG my ass.
:wall: Been there done that! Thanks for a good chuckle friend!

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After about 10 hours of in game playing time just crafting, imbuing, and enhancing, I finally got down to my 25th forged artifact charge. I make my woodland gauntlets, imbue, enhance, success! Last piece with HCI finished.

I'm going to use one of the other 4 pairs that enhanced to a crappy mod that has 255 durability without that 5 hci for low level spawn and only equip the nice gauntlets when I am doing a high level boss.

What's wrong with using the Glad's collar and the Valkyries Breast plate thing? about the same mods all together and slightly less resists.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose that does add up to more.
Glad/Valkyrie
139 Resists
10% HCI
15 HPI
5 Stam
5/5 Str/Dex

Woodland 5% HCI pieces
127 Resists
10% HCI
8 HPI
16 Stam
16 Mana
14% LMC

Wins by 10 Stat Inc and 4 LMC but -12 Total Resists. Oh well :p. I'll still use the Valk!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What am i missing?

Why is nobody using base woodland pieces that are 'mage armor" for much faster mana regen?

Does it take away from the possibility of getting the hci or di from heartwood?

Cause if it doesnt and it just means one less mod i think it would be way worth it no?

Lastly, can someone clearly explain the exact steps to crafting each woodland piece to achieve hci or di along with the other mods like stam/hpi?

Do i just use an npc bought saw and use regular wood, then powder, imbue up 500%, enhance and hope for the di or hci? If so, i assume the mage armor has to come randomly from the piece as its made by the npc saw?

Ty in advance :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What am i missing?

Why is nobody using base woodland pieces that are 'mage armor" for much faster mana regen?

Does it take away from the possibility of getting the hci or di from heartwood?

Cause if it doesnt and it just means one less mod i think it would be way worth it no?

Lastly, can someone clearly explain the exact steps to crafting each woodland piece to achieve hci or di along with the other mods like stam/hpi?

Do i just use an npc bought saw and use regular wood, then powder, imbue up 500%, enhance and hope for the di or hci? If so, i assume the mage armor has to come randomly from the piece as its made by the npc saw?

Ty in advance :)
Mage armor doesn't come as a property from making woodland armor, it is one of the random properties applied from Heartwood.

You can imbue mage armor property before you enhance with heartwood.

I don't really see a reason to.. you're getting mana back from leeches not regen.

And yes, you make woodland armor out of regular wood from a regular saw. POF. Imbue, cross your fingers and enhance.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

I went through 10 forged arti charges, ended up with 2 pieces I"m going to use. And 2 that have DI when I needed 5 HCI. And about 6 other pieces that didn't get HCI or DI.

I also just went through 10 forged arti charges and I only got one useable piece(10 DI)

The other 9 were either luck, lower req, mage armor or no enhanced mod at all :(

Hoping next one has better results lol.

K

Kim Li of LS

your 'no mod' piece has either lower weight or increased durability I'd bet.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

I also just went through 10 forged arti charges and I only got one useable piece(10 DI)

The other 9 were either luck, lower req, mage armor or no enhanced mod at all :(

Just did 9 more woodland gorgets WITHOUT the forged metal enhance tool:

7 broke on enhance
1 enhanced with no useable mod
1 enhanced with 5 hci.

IMO factoring in ingredient pricing/pof/materials/time & labor, I think it is best to buy the forged metal tool(approx 15-20 mills on Atl)for guaranteed enhance success.

Obviously I didnt do enough to know exact enhance success % but 7/9 is a pretty bad indicator IMO.

If anyone else has input(success %, ideas, etc..)I would love to hear it.

Ty

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm not using forged metal tool, then I'm enhancing with heartwood prior to imbuing.

The only difference by doing that really is you lose out on some mana increase and you need to use 1 or 2 more mod slots on resists since you aren't enhancing after the imbue.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm not using forged metal tool, then I'm enhancing with heartwood prior to imbuing.

The only difference by doing that really is you lose out on some mana increase and you need to use 1 or 2 more mod slots on resists since you aren't enhancing after the imbue.
I hear you but I am trying to craft max pieces as pertains to the OP :)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

Just did 9 more woodland gorgets WITHOUT the forged metal enhance tool:

7 broke on enhance
1 enhanced with no useable mod
1 enhanced with 5 hci.

IMO factoring in ingredient pricing/pof/materials/time & labor, I think it is best to buy the forged metal tool(approx 15-20 mills on Atl)for guaranteed enhance success.

Obviously I didnt do enough to know exact enhance success % but 7/9 is a pretty bad indicator IMO.

If anyone else has input(success %, ideas, etc..)I would love to hear it.

Ty
Just broke 10/12 on enhance making my running success total 4/21
Only 1 of the 4 that succeeded had a useable mod.

Hopefully someone has a use for this info :)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goldberg, the problem with comparing one persons enhance success to another is that the success chance depends on the number of resists and value of the resists before enhance as well as some other mods sometimes. There is a tool for estimating a success chance, but carpentry is dreadfully low success. I know it isn't set up for carpentry estimates, but you can get a feel for the success chance by using it to realize why you're getting less than 20%.

UO Stratics - Item Enhancing: Armor

-Lorax

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have found going the imbuing route to be the least expensive and frustrating. Just gm craft the armor till you get the pieces you want with damage increase or hit change increase. Imbue the properties you want from there.

For a sampire, I have found the 8 mana increase to be pointless. Sure having more than 30 mana is nice, but it really isn't worth the effort it takes using runics.

Using my own crafters and resources, I did not spend much at all. Just 10 million gold on some of the artifacts I use. However, if you need to farm gold. I have found Misamias (however it is spelled) to be the best for sampires. You load up on 50k fast and walk away with an arty here and there.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Lynk:

I assume your AI woodland suit is finished....would very much like to see the results of your work.....would you mind to post it?

Tx in advance...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can see his suit in the post here called "my newest sampire". He posted picks also. I posted stats on my latest suit which fits the tinkers legs into a AI sampire suit.

Z

zammazingo

It most often is very expensive. What you do is imbue the item to 500% Eight and enhance it afterwards to get the additional resist and the extra mod from the wood Hci/Hpr.
:popcorn:
Do you first create item then imbue it then enhance it? Or do you find an item imbue it then enhance it?

I created a barbed armor piece for my self. Now I cant enhance it. It says the item is already enhanced.
Thanks.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you first create item then imbue it then enhance it? Or do you find an item imbue it then enhance it?

I created a barbed armor piece for my self. Now I cant enhance it. It says the item is already enhanced.
Thanks.
they are making with wood and either enhancing with heartwood, pre imbuing or after depending on bank balance and or risk/gambler in them.

per cent chance it works gives 5 hci isnt high and percent after imbued trying to enhance is lower lot more broken pieces!

Z

zammazingo

they are making with wood and either enhancing with heartwood, pre imbuing or after depending on bank balance and or risk/gambler in them.

per cent chance it works gives 5 hci isnt high and percent after imbued trying to enhance is lower lot more broken pieces!
I am confused. So to get the best properties.

1- I create an exceptional item with normal leather.
2- I imbue it to the max properties that I like.
3- Then I enhance it with barbed or spined or something like that.

Do i get it right? Is this the way to follow to get the best properties on an item?
Thanks.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am confused. So to get the best properties.

1- I create an exceptional item with normal leather.
2- I imbue it to the max properties that I like.
3- Then I enhance it with barbed or spined or something like that.

Do i get it right? Is this the way to follow to get the best properties on an item?
Thanks.
Yes.

But, unless you need the leather for meditation, you are better off using metal or wood (mostly).