• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making someone a friend of the house

K

Krystyna

I'm sure this is a stupid question and the answers obvious, but how do I make someone a friend of my house? I know it used to be done from the house sign and everywhere I go on stratics is says do it from the house sign etc etc, but I have no friends option on my house sign. I can grant someone access but that's it and as it's a public house everyone has access anyway. I'm using the Kingdom Reborn Client if that makes a difference, didn't fancy patching up several years for my old 2d client.

I know friends still exist as I can set the security level of containers to friends, co-owners etc.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I've spent 4 days looking at my house sign thinking I've missed something obvious but just can't see it.

Thanks

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you own the house or are you just a co-owner?

If you own it then it should look like this when you double-click the house sign:

Click "Security" and then you should have the option "Add a Friend" visible.

Click that and target the friend.

If you are the owner and indeed don´t have the "Add a Friend" option then I don´t know what might be the case...

But if you´re just a co-owner then I don´t think you can add friends.

Oh, since it´s KR it might just be a bug or something as well. I use 2D so don´t have much experience with KR.

K

Krystyna

I own the house,

it doesn't look anything like that when I click the house sign. I presume that screenshot is from the 2d client, which I'm downloading now to try and see if that fixes it.

I've been using the Kingdom reborn client which, as I said, looks completely different when I double click the house sign.

K

Krystyna

OK just tried it in the 2d client and it's fine, so must be a KR thing.

Thanks.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aye, it is a 2D screenshot. I realised to late that U mentioned KR in your first post. :p

If it is indeed a bug in KR that doesn´t allow you to add then maybe U can use the 2D client to add people until it´s fixed in KR.

Good luck with it and hope it works out for you... :)

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried this (cos I don't have any friends :( ) but I spotted it in passing and guess it might work. On the KR house sign gump there is a tab called 'access' which scrolls round from All to 'General access' to 'Friends List' (among other things). There is also a little button at the bottom called 'Add access', so I'm guessing that if you scroll it round to the Friends list and then press the 'Add access' button and target the character, it should add them as a friend. I could well be giving it too much credit tho...

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi!

If I recall correctly, in KR you have to grant access first, then you highlight the person in the access list and the options change on the right so you can then change to friend or co-owner.

There are a couple of other quirks about the KR house sign, the two (or three!) main points being :

You cannot add access to someone for a public house. (They already have access!!?) This means you cannot add friends or co-owners unless it is private also! A potential pain if you have vendors...

On the upside, there is actually a benefit of the KR method! You can add as many access(ers?)/friends/co-owners as you like! Unlike 2D where there is a limit on number of them.

Oh, and another handy thing!! You can also bypass the limit of being a co-owner to only one house in KR! Woo! :D