• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making a "thrower" info please..

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading a bunch of threads here on the power of today's "Throwers" in PvM, I'd like to pick some of your brains...

First question: What's the best method you've found for TRAINING throwing?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Acid slimes in Underworld. Just jump onto one of the platforms and throw. Throwing does not need mana, so you can train necromancy / chivalry / spirit speak at the same time so you don't get bored.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not get a golem and a 100% poison weapon and do what everyone else doesin Luna?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why not get a golem and a 100% poison weapon and do what everyone else doesin Luna?
Because I can't think of anything more boring! Although, I got to admit, acid slimes are not too much better, but you don't need a 100% poison weapon for them. You should always check your golem if it suits your needs skill-wise. If it has 95 Wrestling and you are at 50ish skill you might either want to change golems or use some other means to be more even levelled to your golem. A Crystal Ball of Knowledge can be very helpful here, as does a tamer with enough Animal Lore.
Crystal Ball of Knowledge - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do most of my training in Shame. Trained up 120 wrestling on 2 chars from 70 there.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Npc bought boomerangs are cheap and plentiful. 100% weapons may be a little more pricey and while you we're out looking for/crafting one, I just gained 5.0 on the acid slimes. They also work from a low level.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Ok.... I'm sold!

*Runs to gather up a bunch of Teleport scrolls*

It's not like I'm a stranger down there.... With the gathering of Harpsichord scrolls and all... ;)

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang... Those Harpsichords.... I just like them. Well done Devs.