• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making a comeback (I think)

V

Valerin

With some extra time freed up, and some nostalgia here and there, I'm considering coming back to the game for a bit (doing the 14 day trial at the moment to test the waters). Starting with fresh new characters, but anyone that was around 2+ or so years ago would remember me as Rosh/Valerin/Figueroa/Katarn. Anyone from those days even still around? From the 2 nights I've been on Napa, it seems a lot more dead than I recall :(

C

Charbear

It is much deader here than 2+ years ago. You will find most ppl on here have been here for quite a few years if not from the beginning.
Don't recognize your names but that means little because I can only remember a handful of people from this shard's birth.
If you need something, let us know. We can always use returning players so welcome back!

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of shards have seen their population drop, one of those reasons is because people are moving to Atlantic, so if you wish to be around more people, check that shard out :)

V

Vision

I remember you, but I have yet to decide whether or not it's worth coming back to napa... Seems pretty dead

P

Pharaun Mizzrym

Trust me. It's not worth the time. The game sucks even more than it did before.

S

Salya Sin

No it doesn't suck... don't listen... I'm still enjoying myself! :)

V

Valerin

So let me ask this... Is there ANYONE at all still playing Napa that was around 2-3+ years ago? Browsing luna and fel yew I think I've seen only one familiar name (Summerwind). Otherwise it's all new faces/guilds.

A

adester

Most everyone one you see here was and most of Napa are all vets of Napa.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
adjusting to empty shards is really tough to do. One of the great things of UO is owning your own home, one of the worst... not being able to merge servers because of player owned homes...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chances are that most "names" you might have remebered from 2 years ago have transfered shards and remade new chars on Napa, I've done that many times over and shall many times again. Napa is a great place for expansion but after moving gold and chars to other servers I never play them for a extended time period due to being plain bored.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of us are still here, myself for the last 10 yrs. I will say, many of the people that have been here on Napa for awhile don't even get on til after 10 or 11 EST. I still see many old faces/players @ 1 or 2am EST from yrs ago & many new players at that time frame.

D

dielock

I am an old vet as well have been playing Napa for over 10 years. Like the other poster I don't remember names well either. Welcome back.

S

Salya Sin

I'm so bad with names... but I was here 2-3 years ago... been here for longer than that! Come on back... even if you don't know any of us now... we're a friendly bunch!

@Derium- That sig rules!

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My friend Rosh! Saw the Valeran and was hoping it was you. I'm the only one left from our old guilds. Elb (Pharaun) replied, but he hasn't played for a while. Lank stopped playing maybe 18-24 months ago, as he's back in Hungary now. I icq'd him maybe a year ago, and he seems to be doing fine. Fable hasn't played for maybe three years now. M^F (from what I've heard) is almost completely done (Aedil quit a few years ago). XP hasn't made an appearance here since maybe 18 months ago when Sauron came for a few weeks and abandoned some other friends here to earn enough gold for a transfer out. Most pvp action is factions, as the developers made some of the arties even better for factions (but you need minimum points; I don't think that has generally been an issue for any of the hardcore pvpers). Napa is pretty dead. Some of the larger guilds took characters to Pac and Origin, where it sounds like it's almost as dead as Napa, but nonetheless took some action away from Napa. Trammies are doing spawns, and most guilds can't patrol the spawns like in the old days. A big pvp fight is maybe 6v6. There are remnants of old guilds here; maybe a WTF here and there, maybe an old LC etc. Eggy and Clynkx/Bezzel pop on Napa every once in a great while, though I've heard that they play another shard (when they do play). It's probably been 8-12 months since I've seen them though.

Your old Rosh character has been pretty active lately, but I think he's a necro now; maybe a sampire type character. I've run across him at spawns a few times in the past few weeks.

Anyway, if you're interested, the pvp place is Yew gate. I'm in CoM. I can help you get started with some gold, and maybe at least some 115 scrolls.

Say hi to your sister for me, though it's been such a long time that I'm sure she won't remember me!

-Helmut/Heinz/Alfred, etc. von Weez

V

Valerin

Thanks for the huge update helmut =p I was hoping at least someone from the old crew still played. Oh and my sister hasn't forgotten you, I guess you're a memorable dude or something. PM me your icq # when you get a chance.

V

Valerin

By the way, if anyone still has my icq # on their list.. could you tell me what that number is? I seem to have forgotten, and their recovery system is impossible.

F

five oclock

hey Rosh..I see now..Since LOST is finally over with you have decided to come back to the game :p welcome back man from sunny/oxford/Ester

Has it only been 2 years? seems longer..shrugs..

V

Valerin

hey Rosh..I see now..Since LOST is finally over with you have decided to come back to the game :p welcome back man from sunny/oxford/Ester

haha more like now that school is over =p It might've been 3 years, I lost track.

You wouldn't happen to still have my on your icq list would you? Trying to figure out what my icq # is.

F

five oclock

haha more like now that school is over =p It might've been 3 years, I lost track.

You wouldn't happen to still have my on your icq list would you? Trying to figure out what my icq # is.
Nope sorry...my icq crashed faster than Jeff Gordon. sorry.

So since ya out of school..what ya doing now?

M

Mudd

Yea a buddy gave me Valerin's old account when I came back a few months ago - I'm the guy behind ya Otis :p

Welcome back Valerin.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mudd!! well then it sticks! psychopath living behind me!! lmfao jk
btw thanx for them sot's again!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
By the way, if anyone still has my icq # on their list.. could you tell me what that number is? I seem to have forgotten, and their recovery system is impossible.
I am pretty sure this is it friend. Welcome back ! 324339753