• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Main reason why Siege needs arties.

V

Vaelix

My Necro Mage with Wrestling should have Hit Greater Dragon Breath 50% On his spell books.

See, I can do that too!

H

HaHa

Just curious here... we all are tired of the lack of attention and customer service we have received over the last few YEARS. At what point will everyone just toss in the towel and goto another shard or another game? I try to make myself play every so often but honestly the only thing that keeps me coming back is the group of people I play with.

H

HaHa

P.S. Congratulations Siegers!!! Page 3 on a post and it hasnt been locked!! This is a record !!!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's safe to say that you people have successful made sure that nothing is going to get done.

From keeping it simple and easy to put in, you guys have come up with a laundry list of **** that you've been asking for years.

GUESS WHAT

nothing was done when you asked before. nothings been done, nothings being done and nothings going to get done.

Thank yourselves.

You guys think EA won't jump at the chance to have one of their dead servers jumping again?

Time for me to start asking for character xfers. You dip****s killed it for yourselves.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Siege died because not every followed Black Rain's lead rolleyes:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Siege died because not every followed Black Rain's lead rolleyes:
Yes that's it.

Siege died because of you people. You had your chance to come together and do something positive for EVERYONE (and not just you - you genius)

Can't face yourself so you blame someone else.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it must be hard for you to grasp that you won't be getting any additional pvpers on the field. When people feel they are at a disadvantage, they simply won't bother. If you want to play the shard alone, more power to ya. I guess you'll be feeling all superior when you're standing here alone.

No skin off my back. I'm already on my way out.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it must be hard for you to grasp that you won't be getting any additional pvpers on the field. When people feel they are at a disadvantage, they simply won't bother. If you want to play the shard alone, more power to ya. I guess you'll be feeling all superior when you're standing here alone.

Might be hard to grasp, but not everyone sucks at this game as bad as you do.

There are tons of PvPers who can compete at the level players like me do. They won't have any issues and will give me a reason to play.

Who knows, maybe some sucky sucks will come over too and you can start having tea parties with them?

Now go back to running your hide/stealth greater dragon. Yeah.

V

Vaelix

Note..

To get prodo people over to siege we only need 2 Things..

Some sort of RoT Affecting Change ( More Alacritys, More Transcendence, Adjusted Timers, Blackrock.. ect ect )

And!

Lower Prices on Faction Gears.. (Any PvP Template can farm them, They Fill the Main Slots for Armor, Most Prodo people are already used to running them, and with Imbuing as a Sub for Lesser Armor Slots, You've got a Cheap Suit that anyone can obtain)

But of course.. Faction Items Bad!! (Because Subpar PvPers cant Compete)

That is all.

:thumbup1:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**** off Vaelix/Dante... You were never anything but a, gimp, wall hopping idiot... and you have the nerve to call anyone "sub par". LMAO.. You are the definition of sub par! :lol:

The fact of the matter is that you wont even bother to PvP unless you have an advantage over others and even then... all you do is hop up on the wall in Luna and run away. Thats not PvP... Its running scared. :p

S

Shalimar/Cleo

1999 - Siege was born and there was a lot of pvp.
2003 - AOS was introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2006 - Cursed arties were introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2008 - Faction arties were introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2010 - Is there still pvp on Siege?

Now I know correlation != causation, but lets look at the facts. After AOS came out and introduced item based combat, Orcs/Und/KRT/LDH/KGB/UDL/JD eventually leave the game, many pancakes about item based combat. Cursed arties come out, KSS/CWS/VMP/C8V/OTF maybe either leave the game or stop pvping, many pancakes about item based combat. Faction arties come out, and pretty much the only people left pvp'ing are, wait nobody. Ok, so maybe like 5 TnT and 3 SP!. WAKA/JSV/lots of people from B*G/OTF/whatever their name of the day was quit pvp'ing as well.

Hell, I don't KNOW that item based combat and/or godly items have destroyed pvp. But am I the only one who sees that as they increase the importance of items in item based combat, that there are fewer people pvp'ing? And maybe that the two are related, especially when you have a lot of people complaining about the items and/or item based combat? Hell, maybe I'm wrong, and everyone stopped playing Siege cause they all went off, got married and had kids.

1999 - 2001 (approx) There was a lot of all types of activity and roleplaying had a massive part in the majority of scenarios, no matter where you went at any time in those days there was something going on: roleplaying battles between pks and knights; orcs were involved in a lot of it always in character; UDL held knightings, were visible everywhere, always in character; a lone pk versus a whole town; guilds claiming dungeons and terra keep; the activities were endless, and we couldn't bond or bless anything, couldn't even be sure we'd have a house by the end of the night if we lost our key.
It was a community in the fullest sense, we all belonged to the city, but we each had our own communities within it, some even had their cliques, but they were still Siegers. It was a unique experience for us, and I'll bet not many who were there will forget it.

2001 - 2003 (approx) Players would come and go, have a moan about this or that but we still had a busy shard. We'd have a lot of pvp happening at COTD, as well as the nightly BGY battles which would last for hours, and still just about everywhere you went you'd run into friend or foe...again roleplaying had a big part.

AoS - Before this, we had very few new items introduced in comparison, the game was evolving slowly and we actually had just enough to keep things interesting - after this, was when we saw a great many players quit to the 'Age of Stuff' as it's been tagged, and rightly so.

I think we were just saturated with items to the point you couldn't just log in and have a fight, get an off-the-peg suit, find a keg...whatever floated your boat, and so the game lost it's appeal for many players. It became more of a chore than a game, and it's still on the same route. The problems are many but it's too late to start taking items away in my opinion, players get used to what they have and are looking to up their game all the time now.
Siege Perilous stopped being what Siege Perilous was at it's conception - many moons ago, and there really wasn't a lot the players could do about it other than to forego the new stuff, but some insisted on using it, finding the new templates enjoyable and new items helped them in pvp/pvm...and here we are.

B

Black magick

We will get more, they just have to have the right mindset. You seem to be under the impression items make the player, not that items compliment the player. That's where the problem lies with all the people complaining about factions.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**** off Vaelix/Dante... You were never anything but a, gimp, wall hopping idiot... and you have the nerve to call anyone "sub par". LMAO.. You are the definition of sub par! :lol:

The fact of the matter is that you wont even bother to PvP unless you have an advantage over others and even then... all you do is hop up on the wall in Luna and run away. Thats not PvP... Its running scared. :p
I don't even know why I'm gonna comment on this...but here goes.

First of all, Kat. You need to have pvp'd once in the last year to make any kind of comment towards another pvpers credibility. Second, you have to of at least killed someone during that time. Third!!! No one currently playing, besides within our guild, can kill Dante one on one....hell, they wouldn't be able to kill him two vs one.

/end

F

Førsaken

First of all, Kat. You need to have pvp'd once in the last year to make any kind of comment towards another pvpers credibility. Second, you have to of at least killed someone during that time. Third!!! No one currently playing, besides within our guild, can kill Dante one on one....hell, they wouldn't be able to kill him two vs one.

/end
QFT. I like fighting alongside Dante, we usually pwn face. ><

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

/end
Well then by your standards, which no one cares about, I have every right to comment, thanks.

/shove it

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no reason at all for me to be heated. With or without faction arties, I'm good to go. The shove it coment is for those of you who are being so condescending to anyone who opposes you and I say it will a hundred percent sincerity. :)

V

Vaelix

Try fighting the Whole shard v 2 and you might realize that the using the wall as a "Tactic" makes it possible.

It used to crack me up that you guys would dismount me 1 v 3+ Then get mad when i Tele'd to the wall to keep myself alive. Like its wrong for me not to want to get Dismount ganked or something... Weird.

Btw.. "Advantage over others" I fought Diablo, Ares, Virgil, Nadal, and blues Yesterday, then Sprago and Ru this morning, While wearing an LRC suit for every fight. Storm and I fought 2 v All of you for the longest time and never ran tamers, and Hardly if ever dismounted, we Put ourselves at a "Disadvantage" Because half of the pvpers on Siege wouldnt fight us otherwise.

:thumbup1:

Get back on track BTW.. The post that I made that you decided to freak on me was productive.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gotta say that I will forever have respect for Dante and Strom when it comes to PvP in UO. These two guys went mages when everyone else was doing gimp ****. They practiced and got better and better. Now they are a cut above the rest on this shard.

This shard would be a better place if we'd get more that are like these guys.

And Freesly said it pretty damn well.

V

Vaelix

I gotta say that I will forever have respect for Dante and Strom when it comes to PvP in UO. These two guys went mages when everyone else was doing gimp ****. They practiced and got better and better. Now they are a cut above the rest on this shard.

This shard would be a better place if we'd get more that are like these guys.

And Freesly said it pretty damn well.
:heart:

I did however die 2 v 1 today in Blighted.. Almost had Virgil but Dismount + Blighted Grove + Doggeh = Bad news bears.

Back on track..

RoT Changes and More Obtainable Gears! Go!