• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Main Menu Problem

• Thread starter Bumbledogswirls
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bumbledogswirls

How does one open the Main Menu??? All I can open is the command menu, and I feel as though I'm missing out on a few major parts of the game, including items and equiptment. The only thing I've been able to do it use my stone scroll, and let's face it, I can barely kill bumblebees w/out a weapon! They continuously murder me after a few bees, and I'm not even level 2 yet! :( If you know a way, I'd be much ablidged.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're playing on a PC, hit the - key on your number pad.

T

tanls

Should be the same key, but you might have to use a shift or function key first. Once you do, go into the configuration screen and change the function from a full size keyboard to a compact 1 and your commands should be easier. I play on a notebook, but I prefer having a gaming controller instead, so I bought a logitech controller. Works great!!

B

Bumbledogswirls

I got fed up w/ it and just connected a normal keyboard to it from my desktop computer! :D It now works great. Can you imagine I was fighting monsters at level 1 and only using the mouse to move. *laughs* The #pad is God's gift to us gamers! :D

BTW i'm level 3 now! :D.

I have a couple "Blind" scrolls from killing the yuguados. Should I auction off the ones I don't need???

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would check the AH to see if there are any others. Bind and Blind drop very easily from Mezmerizer Orcs (I'm more familiar with the San d'Orian mobs) but I'm assuming the Yagudos drop them easily as well from what you said. If that's true, then the AH is probably full of them and you're probably better off selling them to an NPC.

T

tanls

Congrats on level 3! Make sure you have signet on so you can get crystals and earn CP points. Once you hit around lvl 8 you should be able to buy an Empress band which will help you level faster. Like Trish said though, if you have a lot of the scrolls, check to see how many are up at the AH first. Also, you should be saving all the drops to sell. If you can, I'd be concentrating on Easy Prey to Decent Challenge mobs and as you are in the Windy area, I'd go after Crawlers and Bees almost exclusively. The reason being is that stacks of silk thread from crawlers and Bee Hive Chips Plus Honey off the Bees will make you a lot of gil on the AH. All 3 of those items sell very fast for decent gil. I still farm those items and those 3 things have paid for the majority of my gear upgrades. Prices do fluctuate, and are different from server to server, but those are still staples of the system.

B

Bumbledogswirls

Currently. I am at level 5. I upgraded my weapon and have every possible magical black spell for my level. Water is miraculous! :D Being in Caitsith, and being new, I do not know exactly how full other worlds are, but I go solo a lot. I have JUST ventured into the world of Crawlers. When I kill three Crawlers it gives me 100 battle points, or whatever they are. I'm going to buy a chariot ring as soon as I can. It'll give me 75% more exp per enemy I kill, so I'll be leveling up a bit faster than before. Having finally been able to attack Yagados by my self if I really want to, I can handle everything except the monsters farthest out in the plains. I can regularly kill tiny Mandragoras in one hit, w/out using water, or stone. As soon as I become a MUCH h igher level, I might actually go out and try to finish my first mission! :D LOL. BTW I have seen the emporer/emperess bands, I'm not quite that level, nor do I have the means to get that many conquest points at present. I DID figure out the sweet signet spell. The things are lifesavers. When I get 20 of them, I get 200 gil, easy. Nobody has bought my spell in the auction house. People are selling them for 2000, which is ridiculous. You can get it at the shop for ~100 gil. WATER was 163. LOL. My ash staff cost 436 gil, which I had EXACTLY. I don't think I'll be fighting any more yuguado's, because it's REALLy annoying when they POISON me constantly. Cya later all.

T

tanls

Conquest Points are earned as 10% of exp. So for every 100 Exp Points you get, you earn 10 CP. 1000 CP will get you an Empress Band, so at 10000 Exp you should be able to buy 1. That equates to about mid level 8. There are benefits to all 3 rings and I'd think about my play time before choosing 1. You can only have 1 of them every conquest period. You can recharge the ring for a smaller amount of CP. Personally, I carry the Emperor's band. I get the max bonus for the amount of partying I do because the rest of my time is spent doing end game where the charges are wasted. I don't use the Empress band because the charges not used are basically wasted.

As far as AH prices are concerned. A lot of those prices reflect the laziness of ppl who don't want to go to the NPC or farm items for themselves. Even so, I always recommend checking NPCs whenever possible. Sometimes, you will find items on the AH that is cheaper than NPCs. You can also check ppl with Bazaars up. They will have a sack next to the name. All you do is check them then check wares. You buy items from them and the whole transaction doesn't even involve talking to them.

As far as Poison is concerned, you can buy antidotes from NPCs for that and later if you level WHM, get the poisona spell to cure yourself. I got tired of dying from poison when I was leveling WAR in the teens from lizards so I started carrying stacks of antidotes. I still do. Even on my 75WHM job.