• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage/Weaver Tamer Template

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to throw my template here and get some feedback from you guys before I start getting power scrolls. I am a little curious about the benefits of taking some of the skills past GM, and if it is worth it. Also, questioning eval int and med, but not sure what to take in there place (if anything). Looking forward to your feedback.

Taming 120
Animal Lore 120
Spellweaving 120
Vet 100
Magery 100
Eval Int 100
Med 60

This would be my natural skills without jewelry. What do you think?

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it looks like I can control a greater dragon 99% with 110 taming/lore. So if I don't plan on taming anything on my own I could put 20 points elsewhere. Maybe 120 Margery/Eval (with gems)? Would be nice get some chiv on here to deal with mortal wounds as well. Any thoughts?

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
don't forget the masteries are affected by real skill so when the xpac comes out they won't be as effective.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is my current tamer template:

Taming 90 (115 with jewels and mark of travesty)
Animal Lore 95 (115 with jewels and mark of travesty)
Spellweaving 120
Vet 95
Magery 120
Eval Int 120
Med 80 (90 with scrapper)

I have no issues controlling my GD by using jewels. Also have full set of spells you can use for offense and defense with magery and spellweaving. Probably my second most used toon lately behind my mystic mage weaver. The masteries will be based on real skill, but you will still be able to access them as long as you have 90 natural skill. Anything above 90 is basically just a bonus.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Here is my current tamer template:

Taming 90 (115 with jewels and mark of travesty)
Animal Lore 95 (115 with jewels and mark of travesty)
Spellweaving 120
Vet 95
Magery 120
Eval Int 120
Med 80 (90 with scrapper)

I have no issues controlling my GD by using jewels. Also have full set of spells you can use for offense and defense with magery and spellweaving. Probably my second most used toon lately behind my mystic mage weaver. The masteries will be based on real skill, but you will still be able to access them as long as you have 90 natural skill. Anything above 90 is basically just a bonus.
Would it not make sense to take the non-mastery skills to 120 and jewel the others instead?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Would it not make sense to take the non-mastery skills to 120 and jewel the others instead?
Personally, for this toon, no. I have really good Legendary Jewels that have tamer skills on them and other mage related mods. The masteries aren't going to be so great that it would be worth spending all kind of time changing up the template.

Also... getting taming to high levels is very expensive and/or difficult.