mage template

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

ttuzun

Hi everyone

i am starting to siege as a new player and i want to be a mage
as a mage i want to have the most survivability as possible though... since i am new

My friend suggested me a tank mage with wrestling
can you guys give me good examples for a high survivability mage template?

Thank you

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

120 in all of these following skills

wrestling
eval
magery
med
resist

depends on your style... I'd honestly suggest 100.0 hiding or 120.0parry for survivability.

I

imported_archite666

Use wrestling as mentioned, 1 handed so you chug pots and disarm and paralize make it easy to combo someone or escape someone.

Other than that the skills are up to you

120 magery
120 eval
120 meditation
120 wrestling

leaves two up to you, resist is nice. Try the mage forum for a little advice, though Im betting the people here will help you more.

G

The pure mage template:

120 Mage
120 med
120 resist
120 wrestle
120 Eval
100 scribe

Good all around mage template, probably second most popular template. Also can make some gold from scribe goods.

The necro mage (currently most popular, a little overpowered, might be slightly nerfed in the future):

120 mage
120 med
120 resist
120 eval
110 Necro (or so)
110 Spirit speak (or close)

With this template you would need to carry Staff of Magi, Staff of Pyros, Swords of Prosperity (any Mage -0 weapon) for dodge ability.

There are of course other mage template variations that are useful, just not as popular. They all start with the base of:

120 mage
120 med
120 resist
120 eval
120 wrestle

Then with the last 100 points you could put it in:
Focus - massive mana regen
Spellweaving - has some nice pvp and pvm benefits
Poison - nice pvm, ok pvp.
Parry - to help deal with those pesky melee'ers.

Be careful with being a mage though, they are usually the first to die in pvp simply because there are soo many stealthers nowadays, that when you have a group attack you, they all attack whoever is visible and the mage is always visible.

T

Tark_Smash

Mage
med
eval
wrestle
resist
parry

Is pretty nice, need to mess with stats though.