• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] macro with unexpected effect.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 'kill' macro that gives me a target.
I have a peace macro 'peace skill; cursor target current'. Both work as expected.
But I have a 'kill; curser target current' which puts up the words 'all kill' twice and gives me a cursor as well as the pet attacking the correct target.

Any idea why and how to fix it please?

T

TheGrayGhost

I have a peace macro 'peace skill; cursor target current'. Both work as expected.
But I have a 'kill; curser target current' which puts up the words 'all kill' twice and gives me a cursor as well as the pet attacking the correct target.

What is the exact macro?

I use All Kill, wait for target, Cursor Target Current and do not have that issue. I will check to be sure because I haven't used it since the recent patch so I will check to be sure it still works.

T

TheGrayGhost

Tested and it's working, but I did find this for you posted in the SA Macro thread. It's a bit hidden oO.

Just chiming in since it's relevant to what's going on here, a patch that went out for the client last night that put in two fixes related to macros:

o Removed the short delay between each action when executing a macro
o Fixed issues with macros sometimes executing only the first action or none at all

I should mention now that since actions are executed more rapidly within a macro, if you are performing any action that requires cursor targeting, it's a good idea to add 'WaitForTarget' between the action and the targeting.

'WaitForTarg' continues the macro at the exact moment the mouse cursor changes to a targeting cursor.
Seems you may need to add wait for target now. Having it already in my kill macro may be the reason I did not have an issue with it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried that, it didn't help, but since it works properly for you I'll assume it's my geriatric rig that's at fault.

T

TheGrayGhost

tried that, it didn't help, but since it works properly for you I'll assume it's my geriatric rig that's at fault.
Something like the macro's really shouldn't be effected by an older rig oO. What is your exact Macro so I can test it out on my end?

F

Fink

Petra, could it be you have two macros bound to the one keystroke? It's doable.

I find the whole "check for used keystroke" thing to be very buggy. I'll often go to bind a key and it'll say it's used for something it isn't, so I'll assign it anyway. Then I'll locate in the list the macro that supposedly used that key and it is of course unbound, so I'll put the right keystroke back in. Then when I use that restored keystroke, it'll activate both macros at once.

I've submitted bug reports on it. It usually happens after I've deleted a number of macros from the list (typically when copying/modding a settings file from one character to another). I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Fink, not quite the problem but it lead me to it. It's the mouse wheel click. Any macro I tie to it it's doubling up on. I guess I'll have to be careful what I use it for - or buy a new mouse.
Grayghost, the macro is: 'kill' from the pet command icon set, added in 'wait for target' on your suggestion, then 'cursor target current'. It works now I've moved it to another key.

D

Der Rock

sometimes if i press ESC button a recall macro starts :(