• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macro Problems

G

GreekHero

Hello thieves, noob char here. I need some advice with my macros.
I have set a macro (last object) to open someone's backpack. So pretty much, open paperdoll, double click backpack shadow jump next to victim and hit last object.
Another macro is to double click dagger so to bring target up. So this brings lets say a valuable item into my last target. Everything ok and clear up to here right? Now the hard part: how to I shadow jump next to the target and steal the last item I targeted with my dagger? Steal -last target will not work since it will try to steal the last location you shadowjumped. Steal last object will not work because it will just open the backpack. Any help?

M

Mairut

Hello thieves, noob char here. I need some advice with my macros.
I have set a macro (last object) to open someone's backpack. So pretty much, open paperdoll, double click backpack shadow jump next to victim and hit last object.
Another macro is to double click dagger so to bring target up. So this brings lets say a valuable item into my last target. Everything ok and clear up to here right? Now the hard part: how to I shadow jump next to the target and steal the last item I targeted with my dagger? Steal -last target will not work since it will try to steal the last location you shadowjumped. Steal last object will not work because it will just open the backpack. Any help?
Ehhh...k.

Here's how it's supposed to go... Not sure if this is what you were saying or not.

You open the paperdoll and double click their pack. It won't open unless you're standing next to them, but you don't need to worry about that right now. So, you have their pack on your last object macro.

Shadowjump next to them, and hit your last object macro, this opens the pack. Dbl click knife (or if you have some fancy macro for bringing up the crosshairs, then do that), target the item.

Next time you get the chance (they'll probably have moved several times since you started the process) shadow next to them and hit your steal>last target macro.

Although I'm not sure why your macro is trying to steal the ground :-\

But I'll check the process again as soon as I get patched through, had to do a full system reinstall last night :(
http://uothief.com/faq.html

G

GreekHero

Hi Mairut thanks for the response. I follow the exact same procedures you are posting. In the final step though if I happen to shadow jump next to the person, the "last target" resets to the ground (as it should I guess) and cannot use steal-last target. So far I either have to stealth right next to person or run up to him etc.

M

Mairut

MmM...I hardly ever use lasttarget for stealing, but now that I've had a chance to look at it, I see that shadowjump will reset the target. You'll have to stick to running at them or stealthing next to them.

Sorry.