• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Machinima

P

Pkmn_knight

Well i was thinking that if someone made some sort of machinima series with Ea Land and it got popular it could help get this game more people, More people equals more chance of geting more subscribers, More subscribers and people using atm will get Ea Land more money.
Ok I hear you say Why do we want to give them more money? Because it will make this game profitable if that happens we could get ea land a bigger budget and more devs which would increase the updates and reduce the change of the 90 day notice.

Well basicly now the good side is over now to explain Machinima, Well Machinima is the art of using .. well in simple terms Making movies with games, People do with the sims 2 just because they have a record feature but look does WoW have a record feature? No yet people still make it.
Ever heard of Red vs blue? Dude wheres my mount? The Grind? Or maybe a sims machinima called The Strangerhood?
Enough of comedy what about stuff like the codex? Deus ex machinima?

Basicly what if we tried making good movies using TSO? Good series?
Just a thought.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

Basicly what if we tried making good movies using TSO? Good series?
Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this "TSO" you speak of? :-O

And yeah, yet another good idea that will never happen. Good input though.

P

Pkmn_knight

Ok ok Ea Land and i mean made by the community, Surely if there is people who like making so many sims 2 movies one of them could be on Ea Land and all they need is a program like fraps.

G

I think that's a cool idea ... but with the Sims 2 movies, part of the deal is that they can be scripted and sets built for them and characters built for them by the movie makers. In EA-Land, it would have to be done with the resources that are available ... unless the movie maker found a rich player backer?

Are you volunteering to make an EAL movie?

P

Pkmn_knight

Well i guess they could do what people on WoW sometimes do which is gather people for the parts and etc.
Stratics should make a movie in Ea Land roflmao.

And for specific looks people can just buy the outfit or make a temp new sim?

G

You read my mind! Great idea, let's do it.

For now we can see the math is this . . . Ea Land (=) is linked to facebook (+) to youtube. Several single shot pictures is a possibility, bubbles of text, or single shots with music. The possibilities are endless.

Your a genius and a leader in the making

Whatever the mind of man can conceive, it can achieve.
W Clement Stone

P

Pkmn_knight

Thank you for thoose complements.
Anyway, it should be fun to make music videos won't it? And drama and comedy etc etc etc, From snapshot storys like sims 1 to videos like sims 2.

I

imported_Demirosa

A music video would be great!!

Could we please gather our Sims to dress up and dance like Russians to the song Moskau? Or anything else would be fun, maybe something with a popular or silly song.

Also may I suggest making an EAL Web comic? Just take screenshots of Sims in silly poses with their own speech bubbles, and we're set.

G

EAL Thriller!

Okay-o, maybe it's just me that cracks up at that thought.

P

Pkmn_knight

Ok, maybe if the devs can't get the features out to lure more people we can show people how fun and creative it is ourselves.
Btw i vote to a million for web comics, i love web comics.

G

You can get camtasia studio 2 from download.com and record whatever is on your screen.

I

imported_CherryBomb

It has been done, I am searching for it, but I am afraid it is lost forever. If I find it, I will link it.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

There already IS a really great TSO/EA-Land video that some Stratics folks put out a few months ago:

CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICK CLICK

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this Rick Astley video related to a TSO.EA-Land video? This video you linked has nothing to do with TSO/EA-Land.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*TTL*

Go to youtube.com and put "sims online" in the search box. Ta-da!

G

Makes more sense then putting a link to a video that has nothing to do with TSO/EA-Land

G

<blockquote><hr>

Makes more sense then putting a link to a video that has nothing to do with TSO/EA-Land

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that video was shot at my lot. And I am a green speck in the background for a few seconds.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that video was shot at my lot. And I am a green speck in the background for a few seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you look closely you can see a notebook computer with TSO running on it, as well as a bot program, cuz the guy's AFK to do some dancing in the video...

G

*TTL*

There are also a small number of older movies done by various members of Dan's Grove a few years ago, right here. Most of them, particularly Sandra's, were done entirely in SimPose.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

There already IS a really great TSO/EA-Land video that some Stratics folks put out a few months ago:

CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICK CLICK

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get to 2 minutes and 30 seconds, you can see that I make a cameo.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

There are also a small number of older movies done by various members of Dan's Grove a few years ago, right here. Most of them, particularly Sandra's, were done entirely in SimPose.

[/ QUOTE ]

These videos were well done and preserves the memory of days gone by. Thank you for the link, it was great to visit the old memories that even I had, the fun of just doing silly stuff and having a great laugh to the point of tears. The sadness of friends that leave and those they left behind.

After watching these videos it is very apparent that the love of friends and those we consider family a very strong thing, even in this venue of gaming. We must never forget the old days of TSO, but we also need to make EAL just as memorable.

Even with all the negativity, it can be just as fun as the days of old if you just work at it. I think we have gotten too wrapped up in the negativity of things and forgotten how to have a good time and make the best of what we have at our fingertips. Friends, family and the ability to have a great laugh.

P

Pkmn_knight

Yeah look at that site,
Also posting a link that's meant to go somewhere yet leads to never gonna give you up is a RickRoll.
4chan ftw, rules 1 &amp; 2 only apply to raids.