• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

M!S, PvM & SI Work Together

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Baja. For those who don’t know this, PvM & M!S are enemy guilds to SI (not sure about the relationship between PvM & M!S but I don’t think it’s exactly friendly). We constantly fight & raid each other’s spawns and Harrowers. But for one night, the three of us worked together against a greater enemy. (for reasons I have discovered I am not allowed to disclose here );)

I believe this all occurred in the early morning hours on Monday 5/25. We (SI) were finishing a spawn and noticed a Harrower gate up in the Star Room. We go through it and discover M!S is doing a Harry in Hythloth. It being so late, not many were on but we decided to give it a whirl anyways. After restocking supplies we regroup and head back with the intentions to raid. SON of TB factions beat us to it and wiped us out. SON ends up killing M!S and taking over the Harry. But they can’t field the numbers (or the blues) to finish the Harry.

About 30 minutes later about 5 of us were outside Hythloth when a PvM member recalls in. Now we’re not sure what they’re intentions our or if they’re going to attack us. Turns out they were thinking the same thing we were thinking: Team up against SON. A representative from M!S shows up and we strike an agreement. SI helps M!S with the Harry while PvM defends. PvM also didn’t have as many on as they usually do but they held up like a champ. The fight lasted over an hour, perhaps two but PVM was finally able to put a few SON down for a dirt nap and ran the rest out. :fight:

It was a tight spot with the Fake so close to the defense location PvM was occupying… literally in the same screen. Thankfully I realized this in time to move the Fake to a better location (if it would have died in its existing spot the Tentacles would have wiped us all out… game over. But while the secondary location we ended up using was better than the first, it wasn’t ideal either (located on lvl 3 in the SE most room where 2 Deamons spawn). Not a lot of room to negotiate the Tents. So we came up with a plan to chain heal our dexer (Mistress Redline) as she killed each Tentacle. Once the Tentacles were all dead we took a look around and at the clock. PvM had pushed SON back, no sign of them and it was 3am PST… yikes! :sleep2: So we (SI) took our leave figuring M!S could handle the Real Harrower just fine and PvM would keep them safe.

It was a lot of fun and I’m glad PvM won the fight, put SON to bed, and M!S finished their Harrower. M!S ended up just keeping the Stat Scrolls they received from attacking the Harry and giving all the Pro scrolls to PvM. It was the next day when Kario of PvM approached one of us and gave us part of their share of the stat scrolls. Very nice since we didn’t do it for the scrolls or expect anything in return.

So a big thank you to M!S and PvM for having the wisdom and diplomacy to decide to work together. :thumbup: This could have easily been a free for all, one big cluster F with no one winning in the end. Our dialogue was friendly and casual and it was a pleasure to fight along side them against a greater enemy and very real threat to Baja. (for reasons I’m not allowed to mention on here) ;). So often we only hear negative things about each other and I think it is important to share the positive events when they occur.

See ya’ll back on the field where its business as usual. *karate chop!!*

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I wish I was there!
Not to fight or anything, but to report on it all!

Some may not know but I am one of the Baja News Reporters for Stratics and I try to focus more on the fel side of things, this would have made an awesome story!
Did anyone happen to get any screen shots?

T

Turdnugget

Cool beans. That's what i've got to say about it. Kinda reminds me of when a certain CoM guild was around...

It's great to see people come together, put their hate aside, and go after the greater of 'evils'.

Especially Kario giving up some scrolls like that...dang you red healer!

They need to make a 'cleric' class just for Kario, that's about all I see her doing =P

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Cena I didn't. I had the idea of taking some screenshots going into it but forgot about it when the action started. Maybe someone else happened to get a screenshot by chance.

Cena send me your icq in a private PM. That way I can shoot you a message if anything else happens in the future.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kekeke it's Ceno, not Cena. And I know you're not a 'pro' wrestling fan.

Congrats to everyone concerned; this is more a victory for Baja than it is for anyone in particular. It would be nice if this sort of cooperation could lead to greater unity in the future as well.

And if Chemick won't say it, I will. The reason Baja guilds will band together is the same reason Cartel will target certain guilds before others: because that guild is heavily abusing illegal third party apps.

Kario really does deserve a special mention; her xhealing is second to none, and she's such a clutch mage that any guild would be lucky to have her.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kekeke it's Ceno, not Cena. And I know you're not a 'pro' wrestling fan.
Ack! I knew I should have double checked the spelling when I was typing it out... sorry Ceno. And you are correct, can't stand that garbage! (Hey psssst SK... what does Cena/Ceno have to do with pro wrestling anyways?) :confused:

And if Chemick won't say it, I will. The reason Baja guilds will band together is the same reason Cartel will target certain guilds before others: because that guild is heavily abusing illegal third party apps.
Actually I did say it... as Oriana can testify I said it all to well and to clear in a previous post which was promptly banned. Taslin & Super K can vouch for my strong stance on third-party programs.

And finally so as not to end on a negative and redundant note and possibly detract from the positive side...

Congrats to everyone concerned; this is more a victory for Baja than it is for anyone in particular. It would be nice if this sort of cooperation could lead to greater unity in the future as well.
Well said sir...

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, there is a wrestler named "John Cena" and the ONLY reason I know this is because my brother goes back to watch wrestling here and there....I stopped watching back in 02!

And I am always more than willing to have any member of the PvP community to have my icq so I can follow up on some big scoops!

My reporter is Shae, shes in the TB factions and does NOT fight....she is a pure thief lol. She pretty much stealths around so she wont ever be in the way =P

T

Turdnugget

Having a faction stealther for reporting... you're going to get revealed somehow or another and die =)

Just a part of reporting.

Ken, i'll be your Barbie. :danceb:

Maybe if you guys would stop trying to recruit me out of my guild we could have greater cooperation!!! :p

Kario really does deserve a special mention; her xhealing is second to none, and she's such a clutch mage that any guild would be lucky to have her
Agree. And also is a major, MAJOR PITA when fighting a single red... because it's hard enough flagging one person... and then flagging another only to have more people attacking you. Really puts a damper on things when you got someone redlined...going for the killshot and whaaaammyy!! Greater heal...dang you Kario! :D

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh trust me i know i can be revealed lol
i dont have a faction thief to sit around in trammel with, in fact she has no tram runes. There IS a reason why I report on PvP things ya know =P
I grew up in fel, i actually dont care if im PKed because im use to it from when i first started, i currently have two homes in fel, and when not so many people were really looking at factions I was stealing in fel! =P

I personally think S*RE helped bring a little more action to the faction world because when we first came about we owned the sigils 24/7 for two weeks. We saw one to two Minax here and there and that was about it.
Sadly when people started to notice we quickly became out numbered all the time.
The one thing I do not like about factions is you have everyone in usually 2 diff factions. We neither wanted to be in minax or sl so we picked TB to show some Britain pride but with EVERYONE against us it became a losing battle. Even more so when we were all still really learning about PvP.
Most days we would gather in the SH, and Minax would show up with hordes of them and mop the floor with us, they would leave and we would get ressed and then BAM SL is in the house! =P
Made some not want to try anymore because we were always so out numbered.
But I would like to thank all those who actually took the time (after killing us of course) to give us some tips and pointers at PvP. That was awesome of you guys.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I would like to thank all those who actually took the time (after killing us of course) to give us some tips and pointers at PvP. That was awesome of you guys.
There are still PvPers out there helping others to learn the art. As one of them recently told me "the more the merrier". I have been around since day one of UO launch. I did do some PvP in the days of when skill ruled the game, not items. But, have long since become a RPer. Recently I have gotten the bug again and reached out for help on re-learning the art of PvPing. Two great ones have given me their help. SuperKen and one other that will remain un-named. Both are giving me tips.... and I'm sure they can't wait until I bring more people back to Fel. Soon I will once again strike fear into those that see my name approaching them on the screen.

C

Crow

Awesome write up! Made me miss playing very much. :(

I was hesitant to read at first, figuring it was the losing side whining about being ganged up on...but figured if these big three where working together it had to be interesting at least.

Harrowers always seem to make strange bed fellows, which I think is half their appeal. Keep up the good work folks, hope to be back within the next month or two.

Ken, i'll be your Barbie. :danceb:
Was anyone else as disturbed by this as me?