• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Lumberjacking and Mining stuck at 95? No Frostwood?

C

Coragin

Okay so I have been lumberjacking almost non-stop. I am using a Mel Axe, but skill should still go up, at least a little bit. Been at 95 real for two days now, not even a GGS.

And while were on this, how come I cant find any frostwood logs? Do you need to have 100 REAL skill to jack them?

Do you have a better chance of getting colored wood outside of town than in?

And does lumberjacking work like mining used to? As in if a certain tree gives a certain wood it will always give that kind of wood? Kind of like ore veins used to be, before the randomizer was put in?

Now finally, does lumberjacking one treee, make the tree right next to it run out of logs? I notice this happens frequently, chope one tree and a few within a few tiles of that tree yields "there is no wood to harvest". So is lumberjacking area based like mining? And not tree based?

And Im getting a TON of wood, what is a normal price to sell these at pre 1000?

Normal
Oak
Ash
Yew
Heartwood
Bloodwood
Frostwood

While were at it, while looking for colored ore, I get a ton of ingots, whats the price of ingots per 1000?

Normal
Dull Copper
Shadow
Copper
Bronze
Gold
Vertite
Apagite
Valorite

A high/low/average would be great!
Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okay so I have been lumberjacking almost non-stop. I am using a Mel Axe, but skill should still go up, at least a little bit. Been at 95 real for two days now, not even a GGS.
I think that getting to 100 with the axe may interfere, as it puts you at 100% chance of chopping.

And while were on this, how come I cant find any frostwood logs? Do you need to have 100 REAL skill to jack them?

Do you have a better chance of getting colored wood outside of town than in?
Frostwood is just extremely rare. Location matters not, except some ares are really sucky in output. See below.

And does lumberjacking work like mining used to? As in if a certain tree gives a certain wood it will always give that kind of wood? Kind of like ore veins used to be, before the randomizer was put in?
It's randomized too - in fact, it's most likely BECAUSE of Lumberjack scripters hogging the frostwood trees and using all the wood for museum donations, that LJ & mining areas got randomized.

Now finally, does lumberjacking one treee, make the tree right next to it run out of logs? I notice this happens frequently, chope one tree and a few within a few tiles of that tree yields "there is no wood to harvest". So is lumberjacking area based like mining? And not tree based?
Lumberjacking uses the same 8x8 squares as mining - though one can both mine and LJ the same area at the same time. It is possible for the large "Yew" trees to be in 2 or more resource squares at the same time, from overlapping the borders of the squares. I've even found a few of the rock mounds that in the woods one can mine, are also capable of being mined twice, if one targets different sides of them.

And Im getting a TON of wood, what is a normal price to sell these at per 1000?
Ingot and wood prices vary considerably, depending on your home shard. Your best bet to get good prices is to ask on the forum for your shard, lower down on the Forum list.

M

MoneyMaker

Basara beat me too it...... again. I type to slow.

As far as pricing goes, well that I don't have a answer for. You could post a question asking for price check in the traders forums. They are pretty reliable about giving a up to date price on items such as that.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a look through the pages of this forum for a lumber pricing thread, Sarsmi gave some good input on pricing.
You could also have a look at the vendors on your home shard and decide whether you want to sell cheaper than them or not. This may lead to a timber merchant buying all your stock to sell at a higher price.