• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck but with resists?

Z

Zyron

I really dont want to use leather luck armmor with garbage resist. I am a bush pally swordsman and, EVVERRYONE keeps telling me in order to get good loot, i need higher luck, So my question...
Which of the marties/arties give luck?
Ive been thinking about using the swords of prosperity on my necro mage+ my AOF.
Then i heard the Heart of the Lion has luck, and stormgrip, which is what im working for in this new ToT III.

What luck should I be aiming for? Im not going to 1600+ luck Like i see some tamers having.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget the luck statue that you can use to boost your luck for a hour before going out on a hunt.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my tamer on atlantic has a suit as follows:

+15lore
+5taming
2/5 casting
100%LRC
30% LMC
1100 luck (1850 with statue)
4MR
60+ in all resists
meddable...

my sampire on atlantic has a suit as follows

45%HCI
55%DCI
30%LMC
60%DI
5MR
600 luck (1300 with statue and 2300 when I hit perfection.)
70in all resists (even in vamp form)

My wammy archer has over 3000 luck with perfection and statue... I use this one for farming lady mel... up until a few month ago, I got nothing but uber loots

Since you're a bushi dexer... you should get 1000 from hitting perfection, factor in the bonus you get for the luck statue... and then figure out what it will take to get you around 2500 luck.

Z

Zyron

well iq uit for a while. came back two weeks ago. played test until two days ago.

Whats the luck statue

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Luck statue is the 10th Anniversary Statue - Looks like the UO emblem setting on a vase.

It is one of the drops they instituted (that are still available) for the Anniversary, in the original 7 anti-virtue dungeons. Other drops include some weaponry, and pieces of the Virtue armor set (all but the cloak, which has to be done using a quest starting at the Trinsic Fishers - formerly Magincia, but then the city got destroyed).

The statues work once per person every 24 hours, and gives 200+(50*account age(in years)) luck for 1 hour. As the timer is specific to the character, multiple statues don't work.

T

thelust6

Hunt round and purchase either about 100 spined/horned runic sewing kits or copper/bronze runic smithy hammers, select your material of choice - either spined leather or gold ingots and knit/bang away making leather gloves/arms/legs or samuai plate mage armor counter parts - I've done this and made some nice luck pieces i.e. 20% lrc 138 luck 60 resist part (mage armor as standard) (being one of many), (not to bothered about being down a few points in luck, the higher you take it the less effect it has on improving your odds of a bump, then again it's irl that matters ; ) x

B

Banner

+15lore
+5taming
2/5 casting
100%LRC
30% LMC
4MR
60+ in all resists
meddable...

Where in the world did you get that suit?? That is the BOMB!! Could you be a little more specific on the pieces of armor you have?? PLZZZZ I would love to start looking for the same type as you?? for my tamer/mage..... :danceb:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sampire on Europa bypassed the standard sampire suit in favor of luck+DCI+resists, but his suit is a work in progress. The good thing is that luck pieces without mage/tamer related additions go for very good prices. The bad thing is there isn't any LMC on the suit at all, which is adding up to a few problems in long fights if I don't get my honor off.

What I want for him is:
Lucky mempo (currently have about 80 luck on a mempo)
Armor of Fortune (currently use a runic do)
Stormgrip
Ring + Brace with luck, DCI and whatever else may fit.
I'll probably keep my Aegis of Grace until I can afford a jester hat of chuckles (will need a new ring by then, I don't have DCI on my current ring)
Then I can fill out my legs and arms with lucky resist pieces, hopefully with stamina increases.

Currently I have about 500 luck on the suit, but that + statue (450 luck for me) + perfection (1000 luck from being a samurai) = quite a bit.

I'm rather liking it so far.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

+15lore
+5taming
2/5 casting
100%LRC
30% LMC
4MR
60+ in all resists
meddable...

Where in the world did you get that suit?? That is the BOMB!! Could you be a little more specific on the pieces of armor you have?? PLZZZZ I would love to start looking for the same type as you?? for my tamer/mage..... :danceb:

I got a suit verymuch like that

+5 Tamin
+5 Lore
4/6 Casting
100% LRC
16 LMC
1718 Luck
6 MR
Phys and fire are above 60 and the rest in th 40's.
It would be 26 LMC if i didnt need the Taming skill from the talisman.

Arties used is:
Luck mempo
Armor of Fortune
Bleu jewel set
Taming talisman
Swords of pros
Robe of eclipse

Spined barbedkit armor
Spined leather helm: 121luck, LRC15, LMC4, MR1
Spined Leather leggings: 138luck, 17LRC, 4LMC
Golden Platemail Hiro sode: 131luck, 11LRC, 8LMC
Spined leather gloves: 134 Luck, 18LRC, MR2

hope that helped.

S

Saris

I am bush and if you want 1600 luck and still be awsome like me :p just kidding, but for real get perfection its a free 1000 luck bonus. I get away with 600 luck and just rely on that, my luck tamer rocks about the same luck but is less ffective, besides any mob that a luck bonus is worth it, will let you hit it about 9 times for perfection.