• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

luck and trick or treating?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need begging apparently. Not the new ones anyway. :/

I also don't think luck effects it. Just a random chance.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know you need the begging skill to get nice shiny things but does luck help at all while trick or treating?

The sad thing, is that while many players believe that indeed, the higher the Begging skill the better chances at a rare Trick or Treat drop, reality is much different, players have been receiving rare items drops even with very, very low Begging....

Is it a bug ? An unintended developing twist from adding the new skulls ? Who knows.... the Developers have so far not been commenting on this, that I have seen.....

As far as luck is concerned, I have no idea whatsoever....

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they must be pretty dam lucky, just hit 66 begging been ToT and begging for 3 days now and all i have gotten is candy lots and lots of candy

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they must be pretty dam lucky, just hit 66 begging been ToT and begging for 3 days now and all i have gotten is candy lots and lots of candy
I've been begging for years and I may be just lucky now I started last year with as much luck as I could put on and with a gm beggar I have done very well. Yesterday I coached a player who was at 100 and his drop rate was crap I suggested he get himself lucked up and talked to him later in the day and his drop rate was great as he said it 3 skulls and some devs on spikes as well as the old crap as well so maybe Luck isn't part of your chances but what could it hurt-might just be a mental thing and I am good at that I also believe that yes on lower than GM you can get a drop but the higher skill level you have the more frequent the drops I have found and the candy at least you can bin it and get points

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gave in and created a character with 50 begging and 0 luck last night - got the jade and crystal skull in about an hour - now I gotta go for the obsidian skull

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems to me if you want the skulls more than the things from last year, you should probably soulstone off begging to reduce your chance at getting the other "rare" items, like the heads on spikes..... it only makes sense, people are reporting that you don't need begging for the new skulls.

(I will test it tomorrow sometime)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see what the big deal is with the begging thing, just get a new character, start it with 50 begging and go get the skulls.

If you have no new character slots open, soulstone off a skill from an existing character, go to haven, buy up begging to 30 or 40, and go get the skulls.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50 begging should have a really crappy special item drop rate. REALLY CRAPPY. But it doesn't.

100 begging should have a decent special item drop rate. DECENT. But it doesn't.

GM+ should always trump lesser skill amounts.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me if you want the skulls more than the things from last year, you should probably soulstone off begging to reduce your chance at getting the other "rare" items, like the heads on spikes..... it only makes sense, people are reporting that you don't need begging for the new skulls.

(I will test it tomorrow sometime)
That would be absurd..... not having Begging to actually INCREASE the chances at a new skull drop ???

At this point, I would like to hear a Developer comment on how the 2014 Trick or Treat actually WORKS !

• Begging does not count at all for any and all of the rare items ?
  • Or Begging works only for the prior to 2014 rare items but NOT for the 2014 rare items ?
  • Or Begging works for all of the rare items, included the 2014 new skulls ?
  • Does the "worn" Luck factor in in regards to the drop chances at a rare item ?

Since I ALREADY have the rare items from the past Trick or Treat years, I would like to FOCUS on this Year's new skulls and, therefore, if without Begging I do have a higher chance at getting them (because I would not qualify for the previous years' rare items not having Begging), I would like to know !

That's confusing......

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the no begging skill to get the nice drops is meant to be..or a dev would have commented by now ..or they would have changed it in the last patch update....so for now everyone can enjoy this years trick or treat...so get doing it... and enjoy the fabuolous rewards

as for luck..i ran with 2900... just 1 begging skill i got form using a s.o.t and dropping meditation....easy to get back up .....and i got 3 skulls in maybe 1200 trick or treats...plus a few heads on spikes but no other of the drops....so maybe GM beggars get the other drops mixed in..i for one would be dropping my begging down to 99.9 .....for this year if i actually had gm begging....so i didnnt get penilized with the other crappy drops too

I still dont belive luck helps anywere in UO apart form the 2 areas we have been told it does...thats blackthorn dungeon and doom dungeon.....elsewere luck does nothing....thats my view...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be absurd..... not having Begging to actually INCREASE the chances at a new skull drop ???
That's only if you don't need begging to get them, which would mean, if you have begging there are many more "rare" items you could get instead of a skull, Devs heads on spikes for example.

Lets say you have a 5% chance to get a "rare" item, With and without the Begging skill, let's assume the chances would be the same, BUT, by having begging opens up different items, so that 5% chance gets divided between each rare item.

I haven't actually tested it yet, but I will Soul-stone off Begging skill and record my findings sometime this evening.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How come nobody is complaining that we can get stuff trick or treating with no costumes on? How real is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It *seems* from talking with people you get more good drops with GM begging. But I can't prove it cause even with GM begging it can take forever to get a good drop.

This of course is just talk, not to be confused with fact. But it seems to me when I have 1600 plus luck I seem to get a LOT of heads on spikes and at lower 800ish luck I seem to get mostly skulls.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't actually tested it yet, but I will Soul-stone off Begging skill and record my findings sometime this evening.
I trick or treated for about 2-2.5 hours roughly ~2000-2100~ no skulls, So. apparently you actually do need begging to get them, but it may not be very high in the begging skill.
I soulstoned 100.0 Begging back on, and I got 2 skulls (one crystal & one jade) in the first 100-150 tries.

I remember reading someone has gotten a skull from Trick or treating with 35 or so begging, so maybe there's a minimum skill you need to have a chance at getting them...

Note: the character I am using is a Human, so 20.0 begging (JoAT) was not enough to get skulls to spawn, unless I was just extremely unlucky, 0 luck on the suit as well.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugg... I got a skull the first half hour on the first day I tried, but the next few days around 4-5 hours time altogether, just webs webs webs...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also got my first two skulls (jade and crystal - with 50 begging and no luck) in the first hour the first day. Nothing the second half hour the second day. Third skull (obsidian) after 20 minutes tonight. They're sitting on my front porch now. I'm happy now and moving on to other things.