Lowest level mobs dropping magical armor?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Splup

I decided to make a totally new character on new shard (I have all my slots full on my main). I want to try to make this from the scratch without xsharding stuff from my old shard or anything.

I need to get LRC armor to be able to properly train and use my character. What are the lowest lvl mobs that drop magical armor? So I could try to get my LRC suit done :)

S

Sir Kenga

any lvl. example ettins dropping 5 mod items. mods are poor, but still np to get 15-18 lrc on 1 item.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
Honestly, the fastest way to accomplish this would be to farm leather for a few days, then sell it to a Taylor. This will give you more then enough to buy a 100% Medable LRC Suit. If you try hunting low lvl spawn for a suit, it could take you up to a month to find pieces with high enough LRC on the right peieces to complete a suit, and maybe longer if you want it medable.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
And if you make it spined leather, you get a bit of gold on the side.

And Lizardmen make good training. But you can easily get enough on a new character in a couple of days for a 100% LRC suit. In fact, I just did that on Drachenfels. It was 2 short days from 0 (well... 50) to expert mage with a halfway decent 100% LRC suit (for 50k).

But the lowest level thing you can hunt is the nice people that hang around banks :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I always kind of enjoy taking a relatively new dexxer to The Waste north of Zento in Tokuno and killing the orc captains on the far east end. They drop about 130 gold each. I loot the ringmail tunics and two handed axes and sell them to a blacksmith, armourer, or provisioner. Tunics should sell for about 61 gold and the axes for 13 gold. Bring a pack animal along and park it just below that area, with the deathwatch beetle hatchlings (non-aggressive), and load it up. If it's not bonded, the walk back to Zento's pretty quick. You can also kill the hatchlings and take their leather (8 pieces) and the scroll and potion bottle they always drop and sell those too. Bring a couple of apples along to stuff the pack animal with periodically so it stays happy.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apr 9, 2004
where my feet hit the ocean's tides
When I start on a new shard I go to Heartwood and get the Dread Horn quest to enter Twisted Wield. Once there I simply loot the leftover Swoop corpses and can walk away with a pretty nice suit in no time at all.

S

Splup

When I start on a new shard I go to Heartwood and get the Dread Horn quest to enter Twisted Wield. Once there I simply loot the leftover Swoop corpses and can walk away with a pretty nice suit in no time at all.
Not a bad idea at all.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 18, 2008
I've done that myself in the past, though that was before the new buffed swoops. Now not as many people hunt em. You might also see if you can hitch a ride to the Doom gauntlet - same principles apply - wait and loot the bosses.

-P.E.