• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LOST GYPSY!

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Posted all over Sosaria, on trees, inns, taverns and burned into the backsides of some larger farm animals (and sheep) is the likeness of Alouenikah*​

LOST GYPSY!

Hard to miss, toddling gait, somewhat pudgy, missing one arm. May be surrounded by reindeer, goat or other smaller grazing animals. Like hugs and flowers.

If found please return to Proserpina. Reward.

And no, I'm not gonna kill him. Geesh!

(OOC - Where are you? Haven't seen you in ages!)

A

A town guard

(IC)
Last I heard anything from that gypsy it was when I visited Lindae during his last days before his passing. He claimed it was just a bad cough but something seemed fishy. Even more strange, we had actually carried on a few conversations without yelling or screaming at each other. I was sad when I heard of his passing, having looked forward to a reconcilation of sorts. A few days later, when I traveled back to the home of Lindae and Alouenikah, the house was no longer there. I assumed, Alouenikah packed his belongings up and moved elsewhere as gypsies tend to do. Perhaps other gypsies would have better luck at locating him than I... A search party might be in order? Who knows what trouble a gypsy might get himself into when a loved one passes.

(OOC)
:sad2: :( I miss all the entertaining Alliance banter with Lindae and Alouenikah!! I wasn't aware of Lindae's passing until quite some time after it happened. Please come visit us soon!! :) Unfortuantely, Baja is much more dry and boring without you...

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grabs a pack llama... stocks it up with heavy coats and food.... heads off to the high mountains of Ilshenar*

*Sid Vicious mumbles to himself*... I'll find that gypsy if it is the last thing I do...

Going that high into the mountains, may be the last thing I do.... *brrrrr... hates the cold*.

L

LynneOfMagincia

*gathers a flock of seagull's to go scouting for said Gypsy. Ties a satchel containing a some soap and a change of shirt to the strings holding the flock*

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(OOC)
:sad2: :( I miss all the entertaining Alliance banter with Lindae and Alouenikah!! I wasn't aware of Lindae's passing until quite some time after it happened. Please come visit us soon!! :) Unfortuantely, Baja is much more dry and boring without you...[/QUOTE]

Did the Player die in real life?? If so, I grieve the Loss, pray for Family and Friends, and Hope to see them again in Eternity.

My deepest sympathy and Best Wishes to all Loved Ones.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stopped by the house with a Holiday gift of my special fresh meat pie and some chocolates but no one was home. Maybe Alouenikah went on walk about for the holidays?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EDIT: I have no idea what's going on in this thread and I apologize for the insensitive post which is now removed.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: You guys are unbelievable. You can't seriously ignore me for months on end, lock me out of all your plots and refuse to include me in anything, and go out of your ways - all of you - to avoid me, and expect me to hang around. I'm not paying ten bucks a month to RP with myself in alliance chat. I'm sick of every conversation I join going silent and every room I try to RP in miraculously emptying out because everybody suddenly realises they have pressing matters to attend to. I tried a dozen times to clear the air and ask just what the hell I'd done wrong, and got ignored each and every time, so I give up. Cut the "WE MISS YOUUUU" crap. You don't want me in your clique and you know it.
*signed*

Other excellent RPers have felt the same way & have left Baja, but I refuse to leave: this my home too. I am doing my best to get them to return but I can not fill anyone with fortitude or faith. YOU ARE MISSED!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: You guys are unbelievable. You can't seriously ignore me for months on end, lock me out of all your plots and refuse to include me in anything, and go out of your ways - all of you - to avoid me, and expect me to hang around. I'm not paying ten bucks a month to RP with myself in alliance chat. I'm sick of every conversation I join going silent and every room I try to RP in miraculously emptying out because everybody suddenly realises they have pressing matters to attend to. I tried a dozen times to clear the air and ask just what the hell I'd done wrong, and got ignored each and every time, so I give up. Cut the "WE MISS YOUUUU" crap. You don't want me in your clique and you know it.

IC: I just heard the slap in the face Baja recieved on the forums over my computer.

OOC: I just heard the slap in the face Baja recieved on the forums over my computer.

Totally understand bro and know where you are coming from.

A

A town guard

(OOC)
Let me first say that, in my opinion, this is very disheartening because Baja has lost one of the most creative role-players this shard has ever seen (at least during my 3 year tenure) if this is the case. I have truly enjoyed the interactions between my various characters and yours over the last few years. They are some of my most memorable UO experiences and I am saddened to learn those opportunities are gone, likely for good.

In regards to having your characters excluded from various role-play, this is definitely NOT the first complaint I've heard during my time on Baja regarding this exact thing. Names will not be mentioned, but this has occurred more frequently than some people may realize, or perhaps, want to admit. I am personally aware, from conversations off-line, of how Baja has lost numerous players because of this exact same criticism in the past.

With our smaller player base, losses such as these to our community are really detrimental and disheartening. If some players see role-players, or various role-playing groups, as clique'ish, that is hardly a positive sign and doesn't make for a growing role-play population or player experience. Perhaps it is time that Baja role-players (and I will include myself in this generalization as I may very well be guilty of this exact same charge!) re-evaluate how we interact with other players and characters going forward in hopes of creating a more positive feeling of inclusion as opposed to exclusion. Posts like this serve as a wake-up call for me and I will definitely try to refine how I interact with various players going forward in hopes of not losing yet another great role-player because of this.

Baja players who think this is an isolated case are kidding themselves and not giving enough merit to Alouenikah's post. I, and other players I know, have heard the same complaints from numerous former Baja players too. Post like this from Alouenikah are perhaps an unfortunate reminder of that.

Respectfully,
Brackus' Player

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many feelings have been hurt over time.
Some haven't spoken for fear of hurting others.
Some feel that it won't do any good.
Some think there would be retaliation.

It has been and is an issue.

Thank you for keeping this a civil discussion and I pray you to keep it so.
If any good is to come of this then it must remain so.

Respectfully to all,
AW

A Zombie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree Amber. I can say after a string of negative experiences I cut my player interaction down to just a few other players that I have known and trusted.

I later realized that since I didn't want to deal with any more "drama" then I had no business being the cause of any of it.

Yes I am guilty too :p

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleopatra Selene learned to live by lies, her survival within the Roman Court demanded it.

*drunk, Selene stood at the empty plot that was so close to The Wedding Site & wept for her lost friends, Goldie & The Gypsy*

I thought of him as a customer first, not a friend. I left the BlackRock here to entice him to the wonders, not just the horrors, of BlackRock. I should have known that our bond was stronger when I gave him Goldie.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think people are getting the wrong impression from this post and that maybe something needs clarification.

OOC -Alouenikah - there has been several times when this player has been emptying his/her bankbox out on the roof and threatening to quit. Three times before, when this player has been doing this, I spent time in game and ICQ begging them to stay, for hours. I don't see how this merits not caring, or not wanting them here. I would not have bothered wasting my time if this were so. Many other people would not have wasted their time either. Many people stopped doing so when this became a seasonal thing.

When you have people willing to talk in ICQ for hours on end convincing you to stay, and doing it more than once, or have people approach you and ask, "Hey can you post something about Alou, because I haven't seen him in awhile..." that hardly merits people not caring. If you can't realize that, you make yourself not worth their time.

Sometimes, it's not always all about you. Sometimes maybe you have to consider what may be happening with other players and in their lives. Sometimes, certain people just can't be saved. You stay and roleplay or you don't. You appreciate the people who enjoy you and you do it for them. Such is life. It's what I have done.

Be happy wherever you land. I wish you the best.

P.S. Fern says she's still ticked-off because you never complimented her fur boots.

A Zombie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
(IC) Relax everyone or I will eat all of your brains!

(OOC) see above

Honestly tho I think this thread can be constructive. I don't know Alou and I'm not a roleplayer by any stretch of the imagination, Yet as Brackus said, many others (myself included) have voiced the same complaint, albeit in less forceful terms. Its not about who did what wrong, but about making Baja as pleasant an experience as possible for everyone (rp or not)