• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Looking to start a bard but in need of some info/help

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi iv never had a bard but am thinking about trying one out but am unsure what template is best and how to go about setting it up, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Whats the best template for bard?
Would a bard archer work? If so what skills and caps?
Whats the best to have as real skills and what ones should i use jewelry and other items to raise?
Whats the best race to be? [was thinking gargoyle for flying if i go with tamer]
What skills really need maxing and what ones can be left lower and still be affective?
What pet is best for bard if i go with tamer?

Thanks for any help, looking forward to trying a bard :)

Thunderz

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The *best* bard template is one that suits your play style. My buddy Lion swears by the bard/mage, my wife loves her bard/tamer, but after trying both, I turned my bard into a bard/archer with 4/6 chiv.

Yes, a bard/archer will work. There are some examples below.

I really dislike using skill jewels, as it limits the other mod intensities that I can choose from. However, if I had to use skill jewels, I would get some imbued taming and/or disco jewels, as these skills are the more time-consuming to raise.

Any race will work, but keep in mind that you'll need a bit of focus on your gargoyle to keep his stamina filled during flight.

Music, disco, provo, peace, and archery really need to be taken to 120. For taming, you can get away with 115/110 taming/lore. If your mage/bard is relying on energy vortexes, go with 115 mage - but if you're a mage/bard/tamer and don't use EVs, 100 mage is enough.

The type of pet you use depends less on your template and more on what you're fighting.

Here are some simple, effective bard templates:

Bard/Tamer
120 music
120 peace/disco/provo
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 mage

If you want to go gargoyle, you'll need a bit of focus to keep your stamina filled while flying, so:

Bard/Tamer (gargoyle)
120 music
120 peace/disco/provo
115 taming
115 mage
110 lore
110 vet
30 focus

Archer/Chiv/Bard
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
120 archery
120 tactics
75 chiv
40 med

Archer/Mage/Bard
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
120 archery
120 tactics
115 magery (use spellchanneling bows)

Mage/Bard
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
120 peace
120 eval
115 magery

Mage Weapon/Bard
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
120 magery (Wear a spellchanneling, mage weapon -25 or less and a crystalline ring)
120 tactics
115 eval

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the response, i love playing an archer and was thinking if it would work. Think im going to use my token when i get home are try it out.

What sort of kit do you wear on your Archer/Chiv/Bard? Is it the same as on a chiv archer? Im guessing you have the 4/6 for healing with chiv, but how do you get 4/6?

Thanks again

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, any other tips and pointers? I read somewere not to take music over 100 till you have trained the other skills. Where is good to train and what on? iv been doing swoops and the other spawn round there to just try get a hang of a bard :)

Thanks

Thunderz

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Music and peace will be the easiest to raise since you don't need to target anything for music and you can just run around area peacing (please don't train either one in Luna tho, I really hate people who do). By keeping music at GM it wouldn't fail when it checks the music skill nor will it increase the chance for peace/provo/or discord. For training provo and disco, check the hunters guide, it has the barding difficulty listed for untamed animals.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
disco archer is my new fav

well, not new as ive had them for a a couple years now, but i really like playing them and am thinking of making a couple more.

but i dont run this

Archer/Chiv/Bard
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
120 archery
120 tactics
75 chiv
40 med

i go with
120 music
120 disco
120 archery
120 tactics
70 chiv
100 bushido
left overs into either focus or med

i use the honor to get my mana back and HP and use the spam lightning strike and the bushy heal to heal.
i use the chiv heal as my back up.

plus with balanced bows you can run pots, i do on one fella.
just makes buying bows more $$

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Orny 3/2
ring 3/1
or inquisitors 3/0
and bow with +1
Exactly. I use orny; imbued ring with 1/3, 25 di, 10 hci; and an assortment of 1fc bows.