• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking to move one account to another shard. What I hope to learn...

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
here is what other shard beside Atlantic (where I've been playing for years) has possible keep or castle spaces plus lots of vendors. One way to tell if a shard is better populated is to look at the vendors in Luna. I think I want either Great Lakes, Lake Superior or Chesapeake since I have shard shields to those shard. Shard is a weird word in UO, I always think of a broken plate I once threw on the floor with great force!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I would suggest making a new character on the new shard and leave your home shard intact. Just in case. I made all new guys when I moved to Legends. There's a lot of little tricks to many of the skills we didn't have back in the day and it's really not difficult to make a good mage or dexer in a few days. I started with a dexer. He bought my place and funded my other guys till they got on their feet. Now if you mainly play a tamer or something you might wanna bring him over lol

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would suggest making a new character on the new shard and leave your home shard intact. Just in case. I made all new guys when I moved to Legends. There's a lot of little tricks to many of the skills we didn't have back in the day and it's really not difficult to make a good mage or dexer in a few days. I started with a dexer. He bought my place and funded my other guys till they got on their feet. Now if you mainly play a tamer or something you might wanna bring him over lol
Capt. Lucky, I already have characters on all three of the shards I mentioned. All I really want to know is which shard (Great Lakes, Lake Superior, or Chesapeake) has enough vendors, guilds etc. so that I can build up one character, place a house, buy necessities, etc. without feeling I'm living in a ghost town. At various times in my 19 year history of UO, I have played on most US shards but those are the three I can shard shield some items to. I will continue playing on Atlantic also.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GL is prob. the most populated besides Atl but take it for what it is worth IMHO you are missing the friendliest EAST Coast shard and that is Cats. Just go there and give a shout out in gen chat and let them know that you are a Vet thinking of moving there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
GL's is a fair shard. Certainly a better alternative to Atl... IMO. But I've lived on GLs pretty much the whole 17 years I've played UO.

Castles and such do come up for sale from time to time... and I've actually placed keeps and one castle once... so it does happen.

Pretty regular people doing things, the stuff down in whatever that is in Eodon and Circles aren't too terrible to get also you can count on a regular Tuesday evening EM event.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Capt. Lucky, I already have characters on all three of the shards I mentioned. All I really want to know is which shard (Great Lakes, Lake Superior, or Chesapeake) has enough vendors, guilds etc. so that I can build up one character, place a house, buy necessities, etc. without feeling I'm living in a ghost town. At various times in my 19 year history of UO, I have played on most US shards but those are the three I can shard shield some items to. I will continue playing on Atlantic also.
Oh Great Lakes for sure. But nothing like Atlantic. Population wise It's Atlantic, Great Lakes then every one else. But if you got characters there you might just log into the shards and look around :p

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Malagaste and Lucky. I'm off to GL to give a bit of gold to somebody. I have good chars but no gold on GL... thanks for the advice.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And Frodo, I have a bad memory of Cats... I once let a guy look in my chest of AOS rewards and he kept taking them. I notified the head of his guild, and the guildmaster said he would be punished.... Lol, after that I left CATS, but I may try it again...You never know... UO has become a bit boring and a bit more complex after 19 years...