• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some pvp guidance/help

J

jhobyone

Like the title says. Looking for someone to spend ten minutes, an hour, how much time you have, to go over temp, tactics, and armor so that I to may pwn at pvp. thanks. icq me or pm here, icq 176774513. Willing to meet whenever and where ever is convienant. (sp?)

G

Gellor

Just some friendly hints:
  • Pick a template... be a mage, be a dexer, be a tamer... pick something that you would be comfortable playing.
  • Search stratics for all the information you can about that template. You may not find something about the latest gimplet
  • Suit up your character... get the best you can afford and still expect to have third rate equipment compared to who you will be fighting.
  • Find an intermediate guild... by this I mean one of these guilds that mainly dabbles in PvM but does try to PvP. Off the top of my head, ZKV comes to mind.
  • Head to Fel with your new friends and start trying to PvP. Expect to die a lot but try to learn from your mistakes. Concentrate on learning healing. Try to duel with the PvPers of your intermediate guild.
  • Once you get a hang for things and don't pee your pants when you see "<fill in name> is attacking you", seek out one of the zerg guilds. Of the top of my head, M comes to mind.
  • Once you get into a zerg guild, find out who the top nut is and start dueling with them... a LOT. Usually zerg guilds have at least one above average PvPer you can learn from.

Or failing all that, head to test center, make a template, get the uber equipment, and head to Fel Yew:coco:

J

jhobyone

Got a char that is already done. Searched around till i found a temp and researched it. Got a decent suit, go to fel alot, live in fel. I do fight some as of late, but tend to die alot. thats what im asking for help with, help making minor tweaks that might keep me alive, or kill some.

M

MasterP

If you want to learn to pvp go join M. They will help you get started. Then once you learn to pvp you can leave them and find a real guild. This is what i find most people are doing.

S

SUPRsalad

Got a char that is already done. Searched around till i found a temp and researched it. Got a decent suit, go to fel alot, live in fel. I do fight some as of late, but tend to die alot. thats what im asking for help with, help making minor tweaks that might keep me alive, or kill some.
Heres a good place to start:

pots. . mkay.. gheals, cures, refreshes.. I won't leave the house without all three. You need an open hand to do this, so all our mages have a one handed Spell channeling, mage weapon with no negative casting. . . even if that weapon is -24mageskill, with nothing else on it but the SC, its better than NOT chugging and playing yr template at 116 magery. . . the mage skill loss is made up for, by using a crystaline ring with +20 magery. the ring in conjuntion with an orny gives you all the casting you will need. . If you don't play factions, you will actually need a pair of inquiz to make up the casting. .

DCI is the big thing with all these archers around.. i always suggest building a suit starting with the heart of the lion and folded steel reading glasses.. These two things plus your quiver of infinite should max you out on DCI. Of coarse, if you have the $$ armor of fortune works well too!

Trapped boxes. Also a life saver.. Even if yr 120 resist, theres still Bokuto-nerve-strike noobs out there that, if you have a box, they are pretty useless. Never leave home without one, and like pots, you can use uoassist to use it.

Enchanted apples: NEVER leave home without them... you can make a uoassist macro to eat them based on 'item type' . Gets rid of: curse, and other debuffs, evil omen, strangle, blood oath, and most importantly, mortal wound. NEVER leave home without your apples.

STR and DEX pots.. mkay, these things jack your stats. . . When my mages are juiced up, they're both 150 int 50 dex 150 str. . thats 350 stat points. Makes you a tough target for a few minutes.. Feel free to ask more questions on this thread, and im sure we'll take the time to try and answer them the best we can.

J

jhobyone

Thanks for the info SUPRsalad, my mage is already equiped with the stuff you mention. Except for the sc mage wep, i have one but with a neg on it. I was more interested in a dexxor but may go with mage instead.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info SUPRsalad, my mage is already equiped with the stuff you mention. Except for the sc mage wep, i have one but with a neg on it. I was more interested in a dexxor but may go with mage instead.
A dexer is good for places like yew or if your a dismount archer working with the mages on the field, in the end being a mage you have more to offer your team via, fast x heals, cures, rezes, and able to get fields down when needed, a necro mage for a Beginning PvP mage is a good choice.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Like the title says. Looking for someone to spend ten minutes, an hour, how much time you have, to go over temp, tactics, and armor so that I to may pwn at pvp. thanks. icq me or pm here, icq 176774513. Willing to meet whenever and where ever is convienant. (sp?)
just join THC easy to get into

G

Gellor

just join THC easy to get into
Hmmm... one would think that with the "play a mage" requirement this would be true.:thumbsup:

My experience says the requirement was "play a l33t mage" or "have a resource we need".

Which given I am not a l33t mage(just a passable one) nor had a resource(house for example) they needed, I didn't make the next cut. Not too terribly upset by it... but it does suck when "friends" disappear when you are no longer in the same guild *shrugs*

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats the thing peter we play with all ranks of pvp we dont just take the leet kids but the funny thing is i see u die on a daily basis cause your guildys are afraid to die they run once one goes down so maybe u could learn from M learn that we die together we raid together we win together.....

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
i love when people use no punctuation whatsoever because it feels so freeformish and helps us understand what theyre saying much better than if they used punctuation which is useless because it takes longer and that means we cant communicate our point as quickly which is bad just look at china they have no alphabet and therefore no acronyms which makes communicating in business meetings more challenging that is why we have an edge on the fishing market you all know what im talking about dont lie thanks everyone who supports this evolving art of communication it is the future and thanks to the academy and my parents and god the end

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hehe, I kidd. :p

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats the thing peter we play with all ranks of pvp we dont just take the leet kids but the funny thing is i see u die on a daily basis cause your guildys are afraid to die they run once one goes down so maybe u could learn from M learn that we die together we raid together we win together.....
thats prolly cause your guildmates aint worried about stat. since you cowards aint but halfway faction

M

mutau

lol Syrus. that was funny. without the punctuations, everything does kinda roll of the tongue, before it gets tied up and you end up biting it off.