• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for opinions on this idea

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just returned to playing UO and I have already started a disco/provoke bard. I was thinking about adding bushido to be able to command five lesser hiryu's while hitting my target with disco and mass sleep. My main target will be greater dragons and their cousins. My question is that can five lesser hiryu's stand up well against a greater dragon, that will be under discord, with me spamming heal spells? Below is my potential template when I am finished.

1) Music 120
2) Discord 120
3) Provoke 120
4) Bushido 120
5) Mysticism 120
6) Focus 120

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Personally I would not make my temp reliant on being able to have 5 lessers... willing to bet that gets a nerf pretty soon as that was just an overlook on the Devs side.

But... in general I think you would be ok with 5 of them popping a GD, especially when you provo any surrounding drakes or drags around on it as well.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm.. well, a couple thoughts I have... mass sleep doesn't work every time as it seems to get progressively harder once you do sleep something so breaking aggro while you fail a few times in a row to discord the GD could be an issue. Invest in invisibility potion futures for sure. Second, you have no way to res a dead lesser once it gets stomped - kind of annoying.

It's an interesting hybrid, that's for sure! You could also consider dumping the bushido and discord and adding taming/lore and training up a CU with 120 discord. He'll cut through GD's like paper and you won't have to even heal the darn thing. If you run consume damage a GD paragon will go down too, something that I don't think your 5 lessers (or you) would survive in your original plan.

With your provoke you could have a ton of fun in other places too. My main tamer is a bard (with peace instead of provoke) and having a pet that discords will be sooooo nice once they fix the "oops, your pet discorded itself" snafu. ;)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
An interesting and unusual template for sure! But we do wonder, why would that need 120 Bushi? When not having a fighting skill, does Bushido give enough extra to warrant a PS? We thought 90 skill is all that is required for controlling the Lesser Hiryus. Maybe someone can answer if more Bushi means more control? We never got round to using our Lessers on any of our own Bushido chars for real. But 30 points in Meditation could otherwise be an option for more mana regen?

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
An interesting and unusual template for sure! But we do wonder, why would that need 120 Bushi? When not having a fighting skill, does Bushido give enough extra to warrant a PS? We thought 90 skill is all that is required for controlling the Lesser Hiryus. Maybe someone can answer if more Bushi means more control? We never got round to using our Lessers on any of our own Bushido chars for real. But 30 points in Meditation could otherwise be an option for more mana regen?
I looked up some info for the lesser and required bushido to control them. A couple of different sites stated that anything less than GM bushido would produce less than desirable results when trying to command the hiryus. At 120 bushido, it would give a 95% chance to command the lesser hiryus.

Edit: I would depend on equipment for the mana regen.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If the goal is to kill Greater Dragons it would seem more logical to me to use Provoke on surrounding mobs, Discording the GD, using a Dragon/Reptile slayer instrument, with Despair & Tribulation (the damage of which you could increase by having Peace), and possibly Dragon Slayer Hail Storm for additional damage (though that would kill your own Provokes).

GD's have high phys, Hiryus do 100% phys.