• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for IDOCed Soulstones. Pse help!

N

Nematode

Dear fellow LA UOers,

Im a long-time vet of UO, playing since 2001. Along the way, due to RL issues, I had temporarily stopped playing twice for a couple of months each.

The latest break was in Aug 2009, when my subscription expired. Looking at the timeline, my 18x18 Malas house would have IDOCed sometime in September. Lost a great deal of stuff there, but most precious to me would be my Full Soulstones, of which I have about 12, reds and blues, no greens.

Now, Im contemplating coming back to UO, having missed out on the SA launch. Reading through documents after documents of patches and pubs, I read that "Soulstones and soulstone fragments will now display the owner name on mouse over tooltip"

If this is the case, can I implore the community that was at my IDOC and happened to pick up the Soulstones to let me know if I can have them back? Ive lost everything except what I have in my pack and bank.

The 18x18 was placed by Anathema. The Soulstones should belong to either Krasnaya Zvezda or Chernyi Zvezda.

Hoping someone who was at the IDOC would read this post and give me a real incentive to come back to UO again : )

Thanks all!

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately for the character name to appear on the stone you have to use the soulstone after the changes were made.
Any soulstone that hasn’t been used since the change would have ‘Owner: Unknown” on it.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Kras !!!!
Omg girl this is Arwen RivenMyst....Was wondering what happened to you... Thought maybe you left to go play WOW like a few of our fellow players...
I will ask around about your soulstones...Know a few players that were doing IDOC's and see if they were there when your house fell...But more than likely they didn't pick the soulstones up since they could not use them :(....
Tek is right about the soulstones having your name on them...You would have had to use them after the patch...
Either way though girl, come back to UO...I for one miss seeing you pop in and out lol...
Will help you any way I can to get you up and going again...There is alot to see and conquer in UO now...Think you would love the challenge of the Abyss/Underground lol...
See you in the game !! :)

J

Johnycomelately

wow Kaz hope you come back. Sorry about your stones :( I haven't been doing idocs like I use to and wouldn't have pick the stones up anyway. Except for the stones if I can help in anyway just holler.

Judith

(Johny actually has been deleted, just too lazy to change log in hehe :) )

N

Nematode

Mwahahahah! Yes, tis I, Arwen, the one and the same! And no, I did not succumbed to the lure of WoW, just too caught up with RL stuff I guess. But I can foresee more leisurely days ahead and so am thinking of coming back to UO.

Perhaps a little more info to help with the search of my Soulstones:

Ive tons of stuff in my 18x18, and that plot is able to support a Keep, which I downgraded to a 18x18 to test my housing creation, partly inspired by Arwen ^^.

Amongst the more noticeable items I have in the house:

90-ish Paroxymus Lards
90-ish Shimmering Effusion essences
30-ish Shimmy's stattuetes
30-ish Travesty eyes
20-ish Dread Horn manes
40-ish Lady M's hair dyes
120-ish ToKs
5xParox swampies, 4xCCs and crystalline rings
200-ish peerless ingredients
10-ish tokens of all sorts
other than those, I guess my other items are pretty common amongst vet houses (PSes, Arties and other knick-knacks)

and of course, my 12-ish Soulstones..., which, terrible to hear, won't bear my name... ><
They are placed alongside each other, about half blue, half red, so they should IDOC together.

Im a little apprehensive about coming back without any Soulstones, but apparently, you could craft fragments now. I dont really care much about the other stuff that was lost, and I suppose I could make do with what I do have in my pack and bank, and start anew. But, but without full stones... I cant see how I could enjoy the game fully without them...

Still keeping my fingers crossed!!! Pse, pse someone who was at that IDOC read this!

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I hate to say this but more than likely the Soulstones would be long gone.

Most Idocs have multiple players so its unknown who would have gotten what stuff.

If the stones were in a box they would be sorted and either sold for cheap as decoration or trashed / discarded which is more likely.

Since every Idoc tends to have Soulstones and since Soulstones cannot be used by any one else other than decoration they are usually left behind or discarded later.

There were a few people that use to keep Soulstones for a while but most don’t anymore simply because very few players actually return.

Soulstones are one of those things that players should keep in the bank and not the house.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Kras !!!
Will still keep asking about the IDOC but don't hold much hope of getting the soulstones back...Too bad soulstones are tied to an account :(....
Hopefully someone out there is LA land kept them as deco items..
Anyways, come back to UO and knowing you you will be back in running in no time !!
Remember how great it felt to get all those gains???
Know you will love the new SA and will be alot of fun for you but most of all you can teach me a thing or two about killing the creatures there lol...
Hopefully see you in the game soon :)

A

Az of DSR

Theres some websites out there that will sell you full soulstones token for 10$ each. I know its not the same as ones ya already had but they can be replaced. ( =

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear fellow LA UOers,

Im a long-time vet of UO, playing since 2001. Along the way, due to RL issues, I had temporarily stopped playing twice for a couple of months each.

The latest break was in Aug 2009, when my subscription expired. Looking at the timeline, my 18x18 Malas house would have IDOCed sometime in September. Lost a great deal of stuff there, but most precious to me would be my Full Soulstones, of which I have about 12, reds and blues, no greens.

Now, Im contemplating coming back to UO, having missed out on the SA launch. Reading through documents after documents of patches and pubs, I read that "Soulstones and soulstone fragments will now display the owner name on mouse over tooltip"

If this is the case, can I implore the community that was at my IDOC and happened to pick up the Soulstones to let me know if I can have them back? Ive lost everything except what I have in my pack and bank.

The 18x18 was placed by Anathema. The Soulstones should belong to either Krasnaya Zvezda or Chernyi Zvezda.

Hoping someone who was at the IDOC would read this post and give me a real incentive to come back to UO again : )

Thanks all!
I have a bunch of IDOC soulstones. I have kept them for a few years now. There are several of them. Would you mind telling me what skills would be on them?

I felt like someone may come back and own these stones sometime... so I kept them.

N

Nematode

I have a bunch of IDOC soulstones. I have kept them for a few years now. There are several of them. Would you mind telling me what skills would be on them?

I felt like someone may come back and own these stones sometime... so I kept them.
Thx Smip, but I doubt its any of those. Ive only red and blues.

Still, I do hope like you that someone would come back and redeem those from ya!