Looking for Dueling Information

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

GragusMortal

Just the basic stuff for mage dueling. What mage temp is used by most? What to look for in a suit? any tips or pointers you can give to help with spellplay, best combos.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2005
The best of the best do what we call weaken cycles. They consist of magic arrow poison weaken weaken harm weaken weaken lightning. Keep the interruption of their cures up. Any lesser mage will fall to this combo, but the good ones can interrupt it and heal. Spellplay is what you make of it. Alot of people use mindblast, I don't like it too much and use fireball instead. All about preference.

R

Razeial

No such thing as dueling anymore. Original mage dueling came from pre-UOR.

It has always been Mage/Med/Eval/Resist/Inscribe/Wrestle.

Back before the game went item based, you were able to "fake" people out by arming yourself in the middle of casting a spell and then cast another spell.

Dueling rules have always been No pots, not aids, stay on screen, wait for the wall to fall. declare additional rules before the duel begins.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2005
Raziel there is a lot of dueling that goes on nowadays. Just because its harder does not mean it does not exist. Just means you need quicker thinking and better timing than the other guy to win.

G

GragusMortal

What shard do you duel on as I may need some help getting into the dueling circle. I am also looking to transfer to a new shard to get better at dueling.

G

Europa is fine.

In Europa you can't whine abou too low competition, I can say there is really good pvp mages in Europa shard.

G

GragusMortal

Unfortunately I am in the States I ping like 300 to Europa.