• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for advice for a Mage/Stealth template

Ramadash

Visitor
I want to do a nice effective PvM magery template and i was thinking of doing something like this:

120 - magery
120 - mystic
120 - focus
120 - spellweave
100 - hide
86 - stealth
54 - meditation

THis is an old format someone on stratics posted, what adjustments would you guys make for this? It's 100% for PvM for a newer player ( afriend i have convinced to join) and i want him to have fun. IM going to grind the training for him and give him the finished character as a gift

gwen

Slightly Crazed
3 schools of magic together on same char ? How do you plan to fight and what skills to use ?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure you gift friend some Soulstones as well. The template I posted years back still works fine except for the twice yearly dynamic dungeon events. Due to the prevalence of Paragons, I sstone Hide & Stealth and substitute Eval & Wrestle (or max out Mediation). Dynamic dungeon is all about maximum area damage which Mystic hail storm/nether cyclone or SW Reaper summons an Thunderstorm provide. If not casting Reaper, I cast arcane empowered RC or EVs. The Hide & stealth I use quite effectively in Blackthorn & pirates and most any other event.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I want to do a nice effective PvM magery template and i was thinking of doing something like this:

120 - magery
120 - mystic
120 - focus
120 - spellweave
100 - hide
86 - stealth
54 - meditation

THis is an old format someone on stratics posted, what adjustments would you guys make for this? It's 100% for PvM for a newer player ( afriend i have convinced to join) and i want him to have fun. IM going to grind the training for him and give him the finished character as a gift
Drop the Stealth to 60, get them the shadow dancer leggings and the Burglar bandana put the points back into the Med, now unless you going to run into PvPers I cannot see a reason to have Stealth at all.
8-15-230011.jpg 8-15-230012.jpg 8-15-230013.jpg
Mine archer, mage, spellweaver on Sonoma, can hide to break the Monster contact, or invis. Is able to cause some heavy damage.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Ramadash - The 3 magics aren't too concerning to me if that's the playstyle you want to go with. Technically all can be used together and harmonize (magery for invis/heal/gate/walls/etc and weaving for gift of life/renewal/WoD and mystic for RC/sleep). Personal preference for me is to have mystic on garg so that you are always full speed (ie mounted) even when casting RC, but that does kind of limit some of the +skill items you can wear.

I'd agree with Drakelord though that I'm not sure why you'd want stealth (or hiding) on a PvM char (with magery). By having magery and mystic your friend can invis & mass sleep to break aggro on "dumb" monsters. There won't be any monster even close to a person that would reveal/fire field/poison field/para/wall you in/etc and none of them (besides a paragon) are very fast. Speaking of paragons, not sure how the char will be used, but those 2 skills are completely wasted if you want him to partake in the ToT events where paragons auto reveal. From my experience in PvM all you really need to do to get past monsters is pre-cast invis and just run full speed as far as you can.... if you get jammed up or stuck or hit with a poison then use your precasted invis and cure/heal yourself and then rinse & repeat. Having a spell trigger of mass sleep would make this even easier in case you really get in a pickle.

It depends on the direction you want to go here but you could easily swap those skills out for eval/med for a complete mage build; which allows for some additional damage to be done with magery (which can be huge when paired with a slayer vs any other magic) while a target is focused on a RC. Again this would be pretty clutch during a ToT event where you can equip a spellbook for whatever slayer. The 120 focus/med (paired with MR 4 legendary armor pieces) would make for an almost limitless pool of mana. Skills would be pretty straight forward and easy to macro.

120 - magery
120 - mystic
120 - focus
120 - spellweave
120 - eval
120 - meditation

If you really want to pursue the hiding stealth though, I'd opt for some stealth skill items (stealth leggings as Drakelord mentioned / stealth robe and cloak / jewels / etc) so that you can add more points to med.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a Stealth Tamer Mage with the following skills:
1694578187825.png

Amounts in left column are real skill, amounts on right are from items.

So for your build, you could swap out Taming/Lore/Vet for some combination of Mystic/Focus/Spellweaving.

I have two separate suits for this build. One of the suits will add all of the +Stealth items and sacrifice stats and resists. I switch to this build only when I need to hide and stealth away.

It's an interesting build. One of the best tamers I ever played with , @MakeilaUO , used this and had great success.

Good luck!